Battle Spot RMT BSS Mega Venusaur Bulky Offense

Cut and pasted from my /r/stunfisk post, let me know if more detail is needed!

I built a team around my favorite mon and something surprisingly high in viability on BSS, Mega Saur. The team has three modes, one supporting venusaur to wear down teams, one supporting Mimikyu, and one with Mega Metagross handling what the other two cant.
Mimikyu-Totem @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
Mandantory on BSS teams, the landorus of BSS. With less mons to chew through mimikyu is a huge threat in BSS, and this set is pretty much the most meta for it. It handles psychic types that venusaur cant, as well as mega salamence before too many boosts.
Venusaur-Mega (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
The core of the team. EVs let it eat hits and dish them out, taking advantage of its natural bulk while letting it chew through every tapu besides Lele, as well as denting more passive steels with HP fire. Synthesis for more immediate recovery, but I'm considering leech seed to let it stall out bulkier opponents.
Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
A great counter lead, can help get in venusaur on threats for the team, and ice beam helps mitigate the massive flying weakness venusaur has. Also discourages psychic spam from lele.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
A great lead. Previously balloon, it serves a niche as a wall under grassy terrain as well as a burn spreader. Rocks assist with the flying weakness venusaur has.
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Hone Claws
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
The opposite of venusaur. When it just seems like venusaur is countered, I bring this to both handle status slinging mons with sub, and to take down tapu lele teams. Appreciates help with fire types from Heatran, while venusaurs partners can vary, metagross almost always comes with bulu and heatran to mitigate its fire ground and dark weakness.
Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
The last member of the ve-nu-crew. Here to sponge hits as well as handle ground types that my steel types dislike. Great synergy with Heatran, as well as metagross. Also the mandantory terrain clearer. Probably the weak link on the team tbh
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-718462229
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-718469503
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-718471485
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-718508583
Overall the team has been working well for me. It could use some fine tuning, as I'm sure will happen as I get more familiar with the meta. My main issue is the softness of the modes, if i had a clear two cores I'd spend less time in team preview. The only mon that really has to stay is MegaSaur, everyone else I could take or leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)