SM OU RMT (ELO 1400+)

Hey guys I need suggestions on how to improve this team. Its gotten my up to about 1400 ELO so any improvements to help it get stronger would help a lot !

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike​

Damn i love this thing. I usually always lead with scafed kartana because its high attack stat and speed let it o-hko almost anything so it usually pressures people to switch out which helps me use Knock off to get rid of items. It also has really great utility attacks such as leaf blade, smart strike and sacred sword. Overall its a really good nuke that i try to keep alive for most of the game.

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
Ash Greninja is one of the best revenge killers in the game and pairing it with choice specs helps it ohko a lot of pokemon. Dark pulse and hydro pump are really powerful STAB moves and ice beam is good for coverage. Water shuriken helps me deal with priority or high speed attackers. I usually switch in to greninja to finish off a weakened 'mon or to deal with speed threats.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
Intimidate is a great ability that helps me weaken other mons allows Landorous-T to tank and it allows it to be a great pivot. A lot of people switch out when they see a Landorous-T which gives me time to set-up stealth rock. Earthquake is a really powerful stab move and defog is great for utility. U-turn allows me to weaken a mon and switch out to which ever member of the team can attack or set-up (Zard and Victini for set-up)

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake​

My mega set-up sweeper. Once i see an opening i switch in to Zard and set-up dragon dance. Sometimes i avoid mega evolving him to evade ground threats which help him set-up. Once Mega-Zard is set-up its pretty hard to combat it with the only real counter being Fini. Roost helps keep him alive since flare blitz has some pretty nasty recoil despite it being really strong.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
- Outrage​

This thing is so damn powerful. Thousand arrows hurts so many mons its crazy. A banded zygarde can o-hko or 2-hko a lot of mons and can sometimes be used as a pivot due to its pretty good defenses and hp.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Infestation
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic​

The main wall and pivot of the team. I switch in to this thing so many times its crazy since it can take almost anything. A great combo i like using is infestation and toxic to wear out my opponent but toxapex is really bad against mons with substitute.

Very open to suggestions on how to improve this team. Thank you !!!

Last edited:
So, full disclosure, I don't play OU that much because I dislike the meta and have for a few generations now, but some things remain constant:

Having 3 choiced 'mons almost never works out it's easy for opponents to switch in counters or get a free set-up especially when none have U-Turn or Volt Switch.

Greninja would probably benefit better from an LO or a bluff item. Of all the pokemon to choice, I think Kartana is the safest bet because I like Scarf over all the others vis-à-vis revenge killing and late game swing, especially since it has beast boost. For Zygarde, why not go with a DD Lum/Leftovers set? Drop Iron Tail for DD and set up to sweep late game. Toxapex seems really out of place and like it's trying to do too much. It's the only really defensive pokemon you have (I guess Lando-T too to an extent) but even with it's great stats and typing, it has a huge role to fill on a team that is quasi offensive quasi balanced. I don't know enough about OU to suggest a replacement, but a more offensive-oriented special wall would probably be a better use of the slot.

So, full disclosure, I don't play OU that much because I dislike the meta and have for a few generations now, but some things remain constant:

Having 3 choiced 'mons almost never works out it's easy for opponents to switch in counters or get a free set-up especially when none have U-Turn or Volt Switch.

Greninja would probably benefit better from an LO or a bluff item. Of all the pokemon to choice, I think Kartana is the safest bet because I like Scarf over all the others vis-à-vis revenge killing and late game swing, especially since it has beast boost. For Zygarde, why not go with a DD Lum/Leftovers set? Drop Iron Tail for DD and set up to sweep late game. Toxapex seems really out of place and like it's trying to do too much. It's the only really defensive pokemon you have (I guess Lando-T too to an extent) but even with it's great stats and typing, it has a huge role to fill on a team that is quasi offensive quasi balanced. I don't know enough about OU to suggest a replacement, but a more offensive-oriented special wall would probably be a better use of the slot.
Thanks for the feedback! I made a few revisions so let me know what you guys think:

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Really good revenge killer and knock-off user. Super powerful for late game as barely any mons can out-speed a scarfed kartana.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Removed choice band for leftovers and replaced iron tail for DD. Zygarde now acts as a late game sweeper.

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump

Changed choice specs for waterium z. Hydro vortex helps greninja transform to ash-greninja with its high attack stat

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn

Unchanged. Intimidate is a great ability that helps me weaken other mons allows Landorous-T to tank and it allows it to be a great pivot. A lot of people switch out when they see a Landorous-T which gives me time to set-up stealth rock. Earthquake is a really powerful stab move and defog is great for utility. U-turn allows me to weaken a mon and switch out to which ever member of the team can attack or set-up

new Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

A special attack based special wall. Has worked out to be a wonderful pivot for the team with will-o-wisp and pain split being devastating for switch-ins.

new Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

I noticed Charizard-X would die a lot from flare blitz and is very weak to Lando-T, Charizard-Y helps me keep the flying advantage but i cant set-up anymore. Drought allows Zard-Y to have a powerful STAB attack though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)