Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Fire Blast and Sludge Bomb for intense STAB, Toxic for when needed like for Magnezone or anything else. HP Ice for any ground types/any dragon that wants to show up. This is my sweeper for when TR is not in effect. Considering Modest instead Timid

Mudsdale @ Assault Vest
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- High Horsepower
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide

This is a good offensive attacker. EQ is mainly when paired against Oranguru, which can complement it with a nice swagger to add even more Atk. Thinking about changing spread or moveset.

Calcs against Tapu Fini:

252+ Atk Mudsdale Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 180 Def Tapu Fini: 56-66 (31.6 - 37.2%) -- 84.1% chance to 3HKO
4 SpA Tapu Fini Muddy Water vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Mudsdale: 54-66 (26 - 31.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Calcs against Arcanine:

-1 252+ Atk Mudsdale Highhorse Power vs. 252 HP / 76 Def Arcanine: 128-152 (64.9 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Even after intimidate I can 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk burned Mudsdale Highhorse Power vs. 252 HP / 76 Def Arcanine: 64-76 (32.4 - 38.5%) -- 98% chance to 3HKO
If i get burned after first attack, I can still end up killing it.

Oranguru @ Psychium Z
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Swagger

My main TR setter (the only one) i honestly don't know why i use Shattered Psyche... but i do when needed. Plz suggets some item replacements. I'm not using instruct unless you really convince me,

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Protect
- Taunt

This thing is good for more offense. Taunt can help for Smearg and such, Lax is good for TR and it has nice reliable STAB.

Guzzlord @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 220 HP / 100 Atk / 184 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Gastro Acid
- Crunch
- Dragon Rush

Good tank, EVs mainly that so I'm able to take on non-SD'd Mimikyu 1v1. Gastro Acid is good for whatever the need arises and then i have each STAB. Also able to underspeed Alolak. I can take out Mimkyu's if i double target and their already broken.

Calcs for Mimikyu:

252+ Atk Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 220 HP / 184+ Def Roseli Berry Guzzlord: 152-180 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO
100 Atk Guzzlord Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 61-73 (46.9 - 56.1%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Protect

Good mon with simple spread and really good coverage. Lightning Rod for when Koko is active, and thick club makes attacks insane.

ANYWAY, RMT!

Okay, I'm not going to suggest any replacements since you haven't provided me with enough information to do so, but some of these sets are horribly inefficient and I feel like they are trying to do too many things at the same time without actually succeeding at what they're meant to be doing. I'll just go through each set one by one.

Salazzle for the most part really seems underwhelming this format. The fact that it doesn't get Fake Out really reduces the niche roles it can fill imo. It does have a great matchup versus the Tapus as well as steels, and it does seem more viable now that many Tapu Koko's are opting for only outspeeding base 110s. I do question the use of Fire Blast however in such a hax dependent format. I feel the consistency of Flamethrower allowing you to reliably hit steels like Kartana and Celesteela is much more valuable than the extra damage. Flamethrower still 2HKOs the bulkiest Celesteela and I can't find any KOs that Fire Blast picks up that Flamethrower doesn't.

252 SpA Salazzle Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Celesteela: 104-126 (50.9 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I'm also not totally sold on HP Ice, but I suppose it does deal a very nice chunk to Mence (always OHKOing with any prior damage) and a respectable chunk to no bulk Garchomp. I think the issue is it doesn't really have many better options.
Finally I just don't think Toxic Salazzle is a good call. Any steel you are considering Toxicing you would be better off just clicking Flamethrower against. You'd be better off with something like Taunt to prevent opposing TR when you don't have Oranguru to reverse it, preventing Gastro, Milo and P2 from recovering as well as having an option versus Eevee teams and Snorlax cheese. I think Timid is pretty much mandatory, and you need to hit at least a speed stat of 183 to outspeed Modest Tapu Koko, at which point you're so close to max investment you might as well to guarantee the outspeed on Persian and Whimsicott. Modest gets you outsped by Kartana and Ninetales and speedtieing with Garchomp. It's just not worth it. If you need the extra damage give it a life orb or something, that way you start OHKOing no bulk Garchomp without chip damage.

I love Mudsdale and for the most part I don't have any issues with your set. You absolutely want Stamina as opposed to Own Tempo. Swagger + Own Tempo seems like a good idea but it's just gimmicky. Stamina is far more consistent, allowing you to take advantage of your defensive switches and out manoeuvre Pokemon that otherwise give Mudsdale a hard time. Think of it this way, Own Tempo is only beneficial when Mudsdale and Oranguru are beside each other and it forces you to click Swagger on yourself to benefit from it while Stamina benefits you every time Mudsdale takes a hit without forcing you to make any plays. It also frees up a slot on Oranguru for Instruct...which I'll get on to in a bit. Finally I'd just recommend a spread of 252HP, 172 Attack and 84 Sp.def to guarantee that you always survive 2 Modest Tapu Lele's Psychics in Psychic terrain.

This Oranguru set is all wrong. Quite literally the only thing that Oranguru has going for it are Telepathy (which your team barely capitalises on) and Instruct (as well as freedom of item choice, of which there are really on 2 optimal options). Otherwise P2 is better in every conceivable way. It is stronger, bulkier and has a much more diverse movepool in bolt-beam, Tri-attack, Shadow Ball, Toxic, Recover. Oranguru however has the niche that it allows strong attackers to attack twice. I'm not going to pitch to you why Instruct is so good, I'll just say if you don't want to use it then don't use Oranguru. If you do want to use it, drop Swagger and replace Psychium Z with either a Sitrus Berry or a Mental Herb.

I'm assuming you meant to put Relaxed Bulu, since there is literally no reason to run Lax. You shouldn't justify Taunt because of Smeargle since it's rather unpopular outside of Eevee teams, and I'm not really sure why you'd want it here. Most Taunt recipients that aren't using Trick Room will outspeed you and those that are using Trick Room are just setting it up for you? The spread also seems random. It doesn't look like it survives anything in particular, and any calc that the defence investment would allow you to survive would be ruined by Life Orb recoil. If you don't absolutely need all of that defence investment, you'd be better off with an Adamant/Brave nature to capitalise on Bulu's high base attack stat (and get the most stat points out of it). If you need more damage, you might as well run Miracle Seed since both of your attacks are grass type and the I imagine the lower damage won't mess with any benchmarks since you haven't included any. I just feel like Bulu misses out on some big KOs with this little attack investment.

Guzzlord is kind of just bad. It doesn't really have a good matchup versus anything in the format, especially not fairies and especially not with this set. Nothing in the format cares enough about its ability to make Gastro Acid worth it (quite literally I can't think of anything that cares so much about it's ability that it would be forced to switch out, except I guess Muk and Marowak, but Marowak loses against Guzzlord anyway). Dragon Rush just seems random.

And standard Marowak is standard Marowak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)