formerly Venomshoc
gastrodon-east.gif
006-mega-x.gif
785s tapukoko.gif
598.gif
658.gif
641-therian.gif

INTRODUCTION

I decided to create a team around Mega-Charizard-X and Gastrodon because I believe that they have amazing synergy and can complement each other's weaknesses. This team's goal is to eliminate the opposing team's checks and counters to Charizard in order for it to be able to setup and sweep.

THE TEAM
gastrodon-east.gif

Hydro (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earth Power

For the first member of the team we have Gastrodon. I chose it because I needed to have a reliable special tank that could compliment Charizard before and after it mega evolves. Gastrodon has an amazing typing of water ground, making it only weak to grass, a type that charizard resists and is able to switch into. Gastrodon also has storm drain, which makes it immune to Charizard's only weaknesses before it mega evolves. I decided to give it a standard set, with earth power over earthquake so it cant really be hindered by a burn and because Gastrodon naturally has more special attack than attack.

006-mega-x.gif

Diablo (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance

Next is Charizard. I wanted to use Mega-Charizard-X since it is an amazing sweeper and wallbreaker because of it having the ability Tough Claws and because of it's access to Dragon Dance. Once Mega-Charizard-X has boosted up it is able to OHKO a lot of Pokemon in OU, and before it megas it has a 4x resistance to grass making it able to switch into a grass type that threatens Gastrodon, mega evolve, Dragon Dance, and sweep. I decided to have Roost over earthquake to give it more longevity and help it in setup wars.

785s tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I decided to use Tapu Koko because it is a great partner to Mega-Charizard-X after it mega evolves, and because I needed a good pivot. It is able to switch into a dragon type attack such as a Draco Meteor from something like a Latios and provides a lot of support and speed to the team with Volt Switch. With specs Tapu Koko is able to pick up a lot of KOs in late game and also gain momentum with the extra damage that specs gives Volt Switch.

598.gif

Kabaneri (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

I decided to use Ferrothorn because it is a reliable rocker and because it adds a lot of synergy to the team. With it's grass steel typing Ferrothorn is able to complete a fire, water, grass core (Ferrothorn, Charizard, Gastrodon/Greninja) and a Fantasy Core (Ferrothorn, Mega-Charizard-X, Tapu Koko). It has Gyro Ball and Power Whip for STAB-boosted damage, Stealth Rocks to support Charizard and other offensive threats, and Leech Seed to stall.

658.gif

Kakashi (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Greninja is an amazing Pokemon, with its Protean ability making it able to get a STAB boost on every move it uses (other than status moves). I chose Greninja because I needed a fast scarfer that could out-speed counter things that previously do a lot of damage to the team (like Kartana) and I also wanted the ability to setup more hazards if I wanted to, Greninja has U-Turn, for momentum, and to complete the Volt-Turn core, and because 80% of the time you are just going to scarf U-Turn. I have Hydro Pump for late game Sweeps/Cleanup and Ice beam for coverage.

641-therian.gif

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Knock Off

The last Pokemon I have on this team is Tornadus-Therian, I chose it because of its flying type, that makes it immune to ground, something that threatans Mega-Charizard-X and because of its synergy with Gastrodon. Tornadous-Therian also brings hazard removal to the team, and can get rid of rocks, that threatan Charizard, and it has Knock Off, to weaken the opposing team. Tornadous also has a lot of speed so it can get a lot of out-speeds for Defog, U-Turn or to nuke something with Supersonic Sky-Strike. It also has the ability to use Z-Defog, which boosts accuracy, and then spam Hurricane.

CONCLUSION

I think this is a very solid team, but I feel like there is still more that could be improved upon. The team gets countered by trick room very easily so I want to figure out a way to fix that, maybe taunt on Tornadous-Therean.
By the way this is my first time posting one of these :3

U don't need to run naive green since u turn isn't there for damage but momentum run timid and 4 spider or something and yeah the thing about shiny koko

Same thing with torn

VZR

formerly Venomshoc
U don't need to run naive green since u turn isn't there for damage but momentum run timid and 4 spider or something and yeah the thing about shiny koko

Same thing with torn
Thanks, tbh I was going to just run timid but someone told me to run naive

I would actually recommend running the standard scarf greninja with rock slide.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Your team has a pretty bad matchup against setup sweepers like Fly-Z Gyarados and Volcarona and Rock Slide on Greninja gives you an option to revenge kill them (hydro pump doesnt KO +1 volcarona). You might miss hydro pump occasionally but you also have reasonable answers for the threats it targets like heatran and shift gear magearna.

VZR

formerly Venomshoc
I would actually recommend running the standard scarf greninja with rock slide.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

Your team has a pretty bad matchup against setup sweepers like Fly-Z Gyarados and Volcarona and Rock Slide on Greninja gives you an option to revenge kill them (hydro pump doesnt KO +1 volcarona). You might miss hydro pump occasionally but you also have reasonable answers for the threats it targets like heatran and shift gear magearna.
Thanks man I was looking for a way to deal with those

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)