SM OU [RMT] Medicham's Plan

1529665886081.png
1529665919343.png
1529665946790.png
1529665964065.png
1529665993797.png
1529666029810.png

The team was made around leading medi to get off heavy hits. Its transformed over time into a bulky offense with medicham there because he wants to be

- - THE SQUAD

1529666447635.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

standard scarf tar. it forces 50s with lele and is obnoxious for opposing latis. not to mention stone edge hits like a truck

1529666529621.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

spikes support and my main check to koko as it really can do a number against me.

1529666675488.png

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

tried and true coverage, zen obviously for pex and ice punch just runs house on all the 4x weaks in the tier, they all get barely out sped if not scarf. hjk and fake out are ridiculously powerful and dont need explanation

1529666935080.png

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

originally had hp fire over surf but found that water coverage came up a lot more over the course of my games. lati helps patch my ground weakness and life orb still goin strong since gen 6

1529667124792.png

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

better ground immunity than latios, and takes on physical threats easily. leech seed lets me keep pressure even when im switching in, in addition to give recovery to toad, lati and tar

1529667367265.png

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

looking for a water resist that could set up rocks and this is what we went with. sludge on there to hit bulu on the switch in. tect to get lefties and cheese choiced koko

- - WEAKNESSES
ran into a lot of trouble with these two goons ..
1529667589274.png
++++
1529667604535.png
fast special attackers like zam, gren and koko are all huge threats to the defensive core.

thanks to all who read up to this point, all comments are appreciated

Your team looks fine, but as you said it does seem quite weak to Koko+Lucha cores, and I'll try to recommend some changes to help with that weakness.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
I'd change this to Choice Band Weavile. Weavile Provides you two strong stab options as well as Knock off an Pursuit support while also being faster than Ttar. A CB ice shard will also do considerable amounts of damage to a Hawlucha, giving you a slightly easier way to get rid of it if you ever struggle to do so.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog
Your team lacks a good form of speed control, so I'd change this to Scarf Latias, as it provides a way to revenge kill offensive threats like Kartana after some chip, provides defog support and allows you to be more reckless with your Mega Medicham during the battle. It would provide healing wish, which will be a very valuable form of support for your wallbreakers, giving them a second chance to wreck havoc in battle.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
- Protect
As I've already gotten rid of Lati and Tar, I feel like this mon isn't as necassary to check physical threats. For this reason I would change it to Defensive SR Landorous-T. This is your main Stealth rock user, and provides you with the ability to check several physical threats. It also gives you U-turn, which is a great combination along with Mega Medicham.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
In this slot, I'll recommend two things which I think will be up to your personal preference. I recommend either Scarf Keldeo or Toxapex. Scarf Keldeo will help you with Weavile, which your team is decently weak against after the changes, and provides a good water resist and a good check to most forms of Volcarona. Pex will provide a water resist, a check to most Volcarona forms, but can also provide some utility in the move toxic and being able to haze and scald burn Hawlucha before it becomes a problem.

My last recommendation is optional, but I feel it provides a great matchup difference Vs. Bulkier teams, and that is Adamant Medicham. This is optional, but it does help you break Clef and other physical walls a lot easier.

I hope this helps you with your struggles!

Hey lulhackz! Pretty interesting team you have there. What immediately stuck into my eye is the inclusion of Seismitoed, which doesn't seem like a bad idea to run at all. In fact, I do think that if you have a team that covers its weaknesses, Seismitoad can be pretty a pretty potent support. However, I do think the team does have some problems that need to be resolved. I will be going over the problems, name some additional threats to the team and cover the problems and weaknesses mentioned. So without further ado, let's get started!

Overview:
As already said in the intro, I honestly like the idea of wanting to include Seismitoad on the team as it is able to wall certain Pokémon. For it to work, however, it needs the right support and set. The support is given, but I would honestly tweak the set a bit to better act as a support. What I can generally say about the team is that it has no
resist making the team susceptible to the likes of Zygarde or the rare Gravity Landorus-Therian. Also, having Mega-Medicham as the only breaker is shaky to say the least because it's honestly not the best stallbreaker since you would have to rely on Ice Punch freezes against Mega-Sableye. Other than that I don't see any other major problems, maybe some Pokémon could be changed here and there but that's mainly because I'm not a fan of certain sets/Pokémon.
What is your team weak to?
:
Zygarde can be incrdibly annoying if it either set up to +1 speed or it set up a Substitute. If it's at +1 Zygarde will outspeed everything on your team and you are left with Celesteela as you only switch-in to the Z-Move sets. It's Substitute and it has set one up, then you barely have any switch-ins to it, especially if it's Coil Zygarde. The weakness comes from the aforementioned fact that your team has no
resist nor a Wish Clefable to even remotely check it, so that will be one of the main focusses in the changes.
: Magnezone doesn't necessarily sweep your team but it, at the very least, forces you into either Tyranitar or Seismitoed every time you're in with Ferrothorn and Celesteela, it prevents Ferrothorn from setting Spikes (otherwise it dies) and forces Celesteela to either Leech Seed or Flamethrower. But taking all of that into account, it's outplayable but I would personally have less "trappable" Pokémon on a team like this.
: Hawlucha's sweepability against this team depends on what Pokémon it comes in against. If it comes in on Tyranitar or Ferrothorn I would say the game is pretty much over, if it comes in on one of the other Pokémon then it has to either at least win one 50/50 or gets one kill and then revenged by Celesteela. There are some ways to cover this weakness: Clefable, Tapu Koko, Mega Latias, etc.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
: This change might seem weird at first but it's an answer for a bunch of problems your team has. It beats Hawlucha, is one of the two parts that's supposed to beat Zygarde, and a
type is being removed meaning that Magnezone doesn't do as much anymore. But aside from that, it's just a generally useful Pokémon as it can Wish everything up if need be. This change comes with a price, however: Spikes are therefore not going to be present on the team anymore.
>
:
So, to clear you up about this change: I'm not a fan of regular Latios in this meta at all. It just gets taken advantage of way too easily by too much in the tier and I feel like in terms of offensiveness it's deadweight because the commonly used walls of the tier wall it completely (Clefable, Chansey, Ferrothorn, Celesteela). The reason why I added Landorus-Therian as the scarfer is because I wanted to have a faster scarfer and alleviate the item slot for Tyranitar while now having a remover on the team that can beat Zygarde in conjunction with Clefable. I'm going with the "standard set" with the "standard spread" here to outspeed Mega-Alakazam.
Minor Changes:
> (
):
Since we have replaced Tyranitar's Choice Scarf, I think we can use that free item slot to make it a support for Mega-Medicham in breaking stall. Additionally, its other main purpose is to act as a trapper and to get chip off of choice locked threats such as Ash-Greninja. It's a really bulky and strong Pokémon that can take on almost anything in the tier and is therefore, in my opinion, definitely worth running. The moveset is going to stay the same.
Knock Off > Protect | Toxic > Sludge Bomb | Earthquake > Stealth Rock (
):
I don't think I have any specific reason for the whole moveset change other than the moveset from before just not being good. I don't get the point of running Sludge Bomb when you have a Celesteela for Tapu Bulu or why you have Protect when it's not that needed, to be honest. Stealth Rock isn't needed since Clefable already fulfills the job so there was all of these moveslots that could be filled. The full set is therefore going to be Knock Off|Scald|Earthquake|Toxic.
Spread Change (
):
To better check stuff like Mega-Alakazam I would highly suggest you to run another spread for it. I think the maximum defense spread is actually the reason why your team might be weak to it alongside with Ash-Greninja. What I have therefore thought is a spread change where you have exactly one more point on the special defense stat than the defense stat giving you a beast boost in special defense. The spread is 248 HP|172 Def|88 SpD.
Conclusion:
All in all I have to say that the structure of the team wasn't necessarily bad, I just think some of the sets were flawed and you had a certain lack of knowledge when it comes to spreads (,which is totally fine and I had that myself for at least a year of playing the game). I replaced the Pokémon that were replacable and replaced them with Pokémon I thought should be doing well and relieve some of the Pokémon's sets at the same time. Now, the team obviously isn't without its flaws: I would consider Pokémon like Mega-Mawile or Mega-Medicham as problems for the team as you don't really have switch-ins to them once they come in on a double. If you have any further questions or criticism concerning the team/rate feel free to tell me! With all of that being said, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and have fun with the team!
Resources:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)