Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
I put in Mega sceptile as one of the core of the team, as its being a huge threat to koko and fini, where a leaf storm can guaranteed to 1HKO koko and fini. (it looks cool too) Yet, he struggles a lot against walls like mantine, and mega venusaur.
1520586006436.png

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Celesteela being a overall reliable check to many physical sweeper like mega scizor, and can also used as a tool to limit defensive pokemons like toxapex, for sweeper like mega scizor

1520586037300.png

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Protect

Zygrade being overall a reliable sweeper, allows it to break through pokemons sceptile can't deal with.

1520586056183.png

Tapu Lele @ Mind Plate
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt

As sceptile being an extremely squishy pokemon, it is very week against pokemon with high prioritized moves like Weavile's ice shards, or Mega-Pinsir's quick attack. The psychic surge not only gives tapu lele her great wall breaking ability, but also allows sceptile to ignore these deadly moves

1520586072136.png

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt

As I mentioned earlier, it is very inefficient and dangerous for sceptile to break through walls like Heatran and Ferrothorn. This expert belt tyranitar can be used as a bait for them. As players are always expecting a dragon dance or a choice band tyranitar, they tend to give this SpA tyranitar a chance to break through Celesteela, tapu fini, and mantine, as they are predicting earthquake from tyranitar.

1520586090141.png

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

Keldeo being a overall a great scarf user, is used as a great tool to stop Volcarona, or Charizard X. And its also a cover for the teams weakness against fire type pokemons.

This is my first time making a thread post, and I really want to know what can I do to make my team to be better.

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey MEATgREAT Mega Sceptile is a pretty cool mon.

I prefer this Tapu Lele set as it beats Scizor (just don't switch it in casually) and hits Ferrothorn pretty hard while also being pretty good vs stall.
Tapu Lele @ Mind Plate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Instead of Zygarde and Tyranitar, how about something that does both of those things that you intend them to do? Garchomp.
Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Now, I think that Heatran is pretty nice here to trap Toxapex/Chansey and kill it. Yes, Lele pressures these things, but Heatran adds more pressure while also trapping them. It also helps you beat Celesteela.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earthquake

If you are unsure about Garchomp because you like the speed boost from DD or the bulk on Zygarde, then you can keep Zygarde and put Stealth Rocks on Heatran over Toxic.

I hope you like the changes. If you have any questions, let me know :)

Last edited:

Felixx

I'm back.
Hey MEATgREAT Mega Sceptile is a pretty cool mon.

I prefer this Tapu Lele set as it beats Scizor (just don't switch it in casually) and hits Ferrothorn pretty hard while also being pretty good vs stall.
Tapu Lele @ Mind Plate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Instead of Zygarde and Tyranitar, how about something that does both of those things that you intend them to do? Garchomp.
Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Now, I think that Heatran is pretty nice here to trap Toxapex/Chansey and kill it. Yes, Lele pressures these things, but Heatran adds more pressure while also trapping them. It also helps you beat Celesteela.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earthquake

If you are unsure about Garchomp because you like the speed boost from DD or the bulk on Zygarde, then you can keep Zygarde and put Stealth Rocks on Heatran over Toxic.

I hope you like the changes. If you have any questions, let me know :)
I'm assuming you meant earth power Tran, not earthquake Tran

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
I'm assuming you meant earth power Tran, not earthquake Tran
Yeah that's right. My bad.

On topic: I tested this team out a bit. The team works well, just Sceptile doesn't seem to do much when I use it. If you wanted, however, I think that you could use an SD variant.
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw / Drain Punch / Focus Punch (?) / Hidden Power Poison
This could work as a surprise on the first turn. Sceptile has a base 110 Attack stat. Garchomp can nuke Landorus for this as well, which is nice. Base 145 Speed is very nice, and so Sceptile is not too bad as a physical sweeper.

Yeah that's right. My bad.

On topic: I tested this team out a bit. The team works well, just Sceptile doesn't seem to do much when I use it. If you wanted, however, I think that you could use an SD variant.
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw / Drain Punch / Focus Punch (?) / Hidden Power Poison
This could work as a surprise on the first turn. Sceptile has a base 110 Attack stat. Garchomp can nuke Landorus for this as well, which is nice. Base 145 Speed is very nice, and so Sceptile is not too bad as a physical sweeper.
Thank you so much for giving me these great advice, I'll try to use the sets you provide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)