XY UU RMT New to UU

I'm just getting started on UU and I find it pretty fun after having spent most of my time in Ubers. It's nice to use Pokemon which rarely get any love. Anyway I want my team to be rated by you UU experts/higher ladder players in hope of possible optimizations. Still getting used to the tier, so I'm pretty sure this team can do with some improvement.

Firstly I followed a structure of 4 offensive mons with 2 defensive - one physically and one specially. The team is built around Victini. I followed this format because I think it's the best way to learn about the tier (what can wall me, what can break my walls).

Star Pokemon - Victini
Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

As said before, the Pokemon the team is built around. I went with the physical banded set because of its sheer power, enabling it to punch holes in the opponent's team regardless of resistances. It's also my wallbreaker. Jolly for max speed. V-create to drop the nukes, Bolt Strike as back up and good coverage for bulky water types. Zen Headbutt for STAB and go-to move, and U-Turn to scout. Although Victini has good bulk in 100/100/100, it doesn't enjoy taking water type moves, as well as dark, ghost, ground and rock. So...

Bulky Sweeping Spinner - Mega Blastoise
Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Blastoise can come in to absorb the water weakness Victini has. It can also take care of ground and rock types thanks to its water typing, and revenge kill ghosts and dark types thanks to mega launcher boosted Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere. It has good synergy with Victini, being able to remove threats to Victini, and Victini is able to absorb the grass weakness Blastoise has thanks to its fire typing. I've done a bit of speed creeping, while the rest of the EVs are standard (I think?). The moveset makes use of Mega Launcher. Rapid Spin is to remove hazards, and Blastoise can't be stopped by ghosts due to being able to take them out with Dark Pulse coming off that base 135 special attack. Blastoise has a weakness to Electric and Grass types so...

Special Sweeper #2
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Hydreigon resists both Grass and Electric. It has Fire Blast to take out grass types and Earth Power to take out Electric types like Mega Manectric. The EVs are standard with max speed. Life Orb to augment the sweeping ability. Draco Meteor is a nuke and finishes off weakened specially defensive walls like Umbreon. It also OHKOs quite a lot of Pokemon in the tier with the LO boost, Dark Pulse is the other natural STAB and takes out Psychics. Hydreigon's ice weakness is covered by Victini and Blastoise, the dragon weakness isn't covered but isn't much of a problem thanks to walls. It has a huge weakness to fairies though so...

Physical Sweeper #2
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

In comes Nidoking to take out those fairies. I went for the rather unexpected set in physical, which is nice as sometimes my opponent brings out their special wall - namely Blissey, who then gets KOd by Superpower. Life Orb to complement the wonderful ability in Sheer Force. Standard EVs, with Adamant for maximum power, and Nidoking doesn't exactly have great speed anyway. Poison Jab is natural STAB and makes use of Sheer Force, while taking out fairies and grass types. Ice Punch is very good coverage and makes use of Sheer Force too. Earthquake is the best physical ground move and secondary STAB, great coverage also. Superpower is to take out the ever so common wall in Blissey, and also very good coverage. Nidoking's weaknesses are negated by Victini and Hydreigon in Psychic, Blastoise in Water, Ground in Hydreigon, and Blastoise in Ice.

So that's my offensive part of the team, with I believe good synergy in typing and taking out relevant threats for each other. I haven't stated all the type synergies but you can see them for yourself. They have good coverage and I have balance in 2 physical and 2 special sweepers. Now for the defensive core...

Physically Defensive Tank
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Maximising the Defense and HP of Mew with its already nice base stats makes it able to tank physical attacks EXTREMELY WELL. From current experience, the only things that can break it are banded mons - namely, Victini's V-create, Staraptor's Brave Bird, Darmanitan's Flare blitz. Other than that it walls physical mons entirely. Leftovers is standard. Psychic for natural STAB offensive move so no Taunt bait. Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers which also helps my special tank. Soft-Boiled for recovery, Stealth Rock for hazards. Mew's versatility is extremly useful, and is a very good member of my team.

Specially Defensive Tank
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

Blissey's normal typing makes good synergy with Mew as it is immune to incoming ghost type attacks. Its weakness to fighting is also resisted by its partner Mew, and fighting moves being mostly physical makes Mew tank them even further. Leftovers is standard, and Natural Cure is a great ability so I'm no Toxic bait, or any other status for that matter. Max Defense because its special defense is already more than good enough thanks to that HUGE HP. Seismic Toss to deal respectable damage. Wish is recovery combined with Protect. Blissey is also a fantastic cleric being the best Wish passer in the entire meta. Toxic is to stall out opponents. Specially offensive mons can do NOTHING to it.

So that's my team. It's not HO, or stall, just balanced. I'm getting used to the meta at the moment. I think it's pretty good so far, and am currently 10-2 with it. Would like suggestions on improvement and/or any weaknesses I should be wary of. Thanks for reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)