rmt of an offensive team

Hi guys im pretty new to the D/P metagame (I just started a week ago and im 1400 CRE) I decided to post my team due to the fact that even though i have a pretty good W/L ratio i seem to have problems with various pkmn that i dont know how to counter so without further ado here we go...

Goldyn Child (Azelf) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
---
My Lead Azelf... It has worked out pretty well for me including decimating non focus sash machamp (which I really hate) it sets up SR pretty easily and it puts a hurting on basically everything. Once it has done its job, it often becomes death fodder for fatal attacks.

Other Leads

Aerodactyl: I set up sr as most dont taunt anymore once thats done i use psychic to break the sash then switch to scizor to bullet punch it to death

Azelf: Often ill Fire Blast first, then psychic to finish it

Heatran: Switch it kicks my ass

Infernape: Often ill switch rotom to take the fake out and proceed to destroy it with thunderbolt.

Jirachi: fire Blast will take it out. If it flinches me then i switch out to gyara and set up a ddance

Machamp: Psychic kills it if its not a sash. if it is i sac azelf then kill it with anything really but scizor most likely

Metagross: Occa Berry versions are handled with a fire blast then a switch to gyara to kill it/ set up ddance. Non Occa are defeated in one hit with fire blast

Ninjask: sr on the protect then proceed to psychic it when it subs and nail the recipient with a psychic

Roserade: psychic then if it kills me with leaf storm i kill it with bullet punch from scizor if it sleep powders me then same as above

Swampert: Stealth Rock first turn. Grass knot destroys it on the second

C FALCON (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---
My Standard Special MixApe... It has worked out well as my main wall breaker. I originally had a heatran here but i found that i needed a fighting type to deal with blissey. I try to keep it hidden til the near end of the match to clean up as well but if it is needed, well then i use it. What i have a problem with is that it dies a little too easily and the fact that it allows bulky waters to wall me that much more easily

RealSlimShady (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 148 HP/252 Atk/10 Spd/100 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---
Scizor really is that kind of thing that allows this team to succeed. It walls, sweeps, breaks down walls etc. In my very long team building process so far it is the only thing that has remained in all of my teams. It just works so damn well. The only things that really beat it are entry hazards, my overuse of it, magnezone, and things with surprise fire moves. It truly is the glue of my team.

PoetLaureate (Rotom-c) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
---
Rotom has always done well for me as it allows me to effortlessly beat electric weak things such as gyra if i can get a free switch in. Like Scizor it has stayed in my team a long time because it simply WORKS if you know what i mean. problems i have with it is that sometimes it just doesnt hit hard enough and dies too easily, but thats what an offensive team is for right?

Flamboyant (Gyarados) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
---
My gyarados... ive always liked it ever since i watched pkmn as a kid, but that doesnt matter at all. It prob is the weakest member of my team and since the next member of my team uses his ele weak to switch in i need help here. It does what a normal gyara does; sweeps breaks down walls etc.

BecauseIGotHigh (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
---
Flygon is another one of those pkmn that i used with gyara to care of choiced pkmn with electric moves. Its useful yea, but i wonder what i could use here instead? It u-turns around people to cause major damage with scizor. It is quite effective at doin that but bulky waters and cressilia wall me pretty bad.

Threats that id like defeated but it dont happen help needed here

Vaporeon
Wish protect pisses me off like nothing else... It often kills off my rotom before it does anything to it and it passes wishes to its teammates to make them live longer while all the time wearing down my pkmn

Zapdos
Sub Roost really messes me up as it just doesnt freakin die... I can take care of it if gyara has a ddance and if stone edge hits but if it doesnt im screwed

Blissey
Now my teams got the threats to deal with blissey but if my opponents a bitch and keeps switching to starmie/tentacruel to stall out my infernape then im in deep shit and i prob wont break through it

Anything with leech seed
Sub Seeders are pretty rare from what i see but they really annoy me when i see them if they show up late in the game when my counters to them are dead

bulky waters (includes starmie suicune milotic but NOT swampert and tentacruel)
These things stall me to end when rotom is incapacitated or dead. Help here would be most appreciated

Everything else is spayed and neutered by this team
Thanks for all suggestions
And if these arent long enough let me know cause i dont know how long these are supposed to be

These comments are abysmal. Please read the RMT rules.
Okay, my main problem with this team is the fact that it has 3 choiced users. 2 choice scarfs? I would switch your Flygon set to something like this:
Flygon @ Life Orb
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~ Dragon Claw
~ Fire Blast / Stone Edge
Jolly 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
It's a fair physical Wall Breaker, and would let your team be much more flexible.
Also
- Taunt/Earthquake
we don't want to guess which move you use. Which one is it?

First off thanks for responding, I'll be trying your suggestion in a bit and I run earthquake now so Ill fix that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)