Ok! Well I have a variation of what I call my SS TRON squad! I have been using this for awhile now including Shoddy & prestigious YT showdowns and I must say that it works as I want it to work for the most part. There are little tweaks here and there that could be improved like most teams but nevertheless here it is!
The Main Team at a Glance!
Main Team Discussion
Aerodactyl - Jolly Nature - Pressure
Item: Focus Sash - 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- This set should be self-explanatory! It goes without saying that it's main function is to set up Stealth Rock, but more importantly prevent your opponent's lead from setting up S.Rocks and/or Sleep Powder of their own. I prefer Rock Slide over Stone Edge just because of accuracy/flinch rate. Standard 394 speed ensures that you outspeed things like JollyScarfed Breloom and JollyScarfed Magneton, hence Magnezone is slower than Magneton. You also outspeed things like +1 Adamant Gyarados and +1 Jolly Tyranitar. However, Aerodactyl's weakness comes from it's frailty, as Focus Sash is needed to set up Stealth Rock/Taunt and deal damage before fainting.
Heracross - Adamant/Jolly Nature - Guts
Item: Flame Orb - 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Substitute/Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge/Night Slash
- More of a late game bloomer but can be used when you see fit. I, personally enjoy switching this in to either a physical/special wall or something that does poorly against Cross. It can be used to make your opponent believe that its Scarfed if you safe-switched it in if something died and since the Flame Orb isn't active yet, your opponent will mostly likely think that you are revenge scarf killing something especially if it's a poke that outspeeds Hera like Salamence and can easily kill with Fire Blast. That bluff is most likely to work since 90% of Typhlosions, Blazikens, Primeapes and Heras are CScarfed anyway. This set is more effective with that in mind, but it works even without the reliance on your opponent's switch out as you can also use Substitute to scout and to dodge moves such as Pain Split from Dusknoir. Nevertheless It's always cool to get a free Substitute up on the switch if before your Heracross gets burned behind a Substitute, and causing major damage with the safety of the Sub. Bear in mind that like Aerodactlyl, Heracross isnt expected to last too long, but it should not bite the dust without critically injuring something in return if not own it.
Vaporeon - Calm Nature - Water Absorb
Item: Leftovers - 252 HP, 200 Def, 58 Sp. Def
- Baton Pass/Protect
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- HP Electric/Ice Beam/Toxic
- I believe Water-type immunity potential on an SS team is a must. Baton Pass allows for just as much scouting as U-turn, and immediate Baton Passing works wonders for a free +1 most of the time as they switch in Zapdos/Gyara/Cune/Kingdra etc. and furthermore passing off Wishs to already injured pokemon such as your burnt Heracross most of the time without them having to take an extra hit because of slow speed and high durability is also a plus. HP Electric OHKOs Gyara after SR damage and Ice Beam does the same to Mence. You may also turn this set into a ToxicStall set if that suits you better.
Gliscor - Jolly Nature - Sand Veil
Item: Yache Berry/Leftovers - 200 HP, 110 Def, 200 Speed
- Stone Edge/Toxic
- Hax? :( Don't worry this isn't an intentionally haxy set :D. This set is also used for effective U-Turn scouting/residual damage and continuing Aero's likely unfinished work with Taunt. Its very helpful when people bring in their Cunes for example for a free Calm Mind only to get Taunted and then get a Toxic on them. The easier you scout your opponent is the easier you can figure out how they play and create countermeasures not only for the situation but for the way they play also. You may turn this completely into a ToxicStall set with Roost and Lefties if you are unhappy with or don't need U-turn.
Tyranitar - Jolly Nature - Sand Stream
Item: Babari Berry - 220 Atk, 38 HP, 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch/Aqua Tail
- +1 DDance from Jolly allows you to outspeed threats such Azelf, Latias, Starmie & Infernape and hit hard with STAB Stone Edge/Earthquake. I chose Fire Punch over Aqua Tail because of the abundance of Scizors, Lucarios, Bronzongs and Forretress' running around. OHKOS Forretress w/o Occa Berry with +1. Un-scarfed Lucario can only pull off an Extremespeed after Tyranitar gets +1. ChoiceBanded BulletPunch from Scizor does roughly around 45-50% with Babiri Berry equipped on Tyranitar while you revenge kill with F.Punch. Babiri Berry also ensures Bronzong won't OHKO Tyranitar with Gyro Ball after a +1. Mence and Gyara die to +1 Stone Edge even after an Intimidate. Your best bet is to switch it in with a U-turn aid into something that does poorly against TTar and/or a special oriented pokemon. A sweep is potential and more likely to occur considering residual U-Turn damage and SR damage from your teammates. Flygon counters this set without Aqua Tail, and Hippowdon and Swampert can easily take hits from Earthquake and hit TTar back with an Earthquake of their own for a powerful hit, so be watchful.
Scizor - Adamant Nature - Technician
Item: Choice Band - 200 HP, 252 Atk, 58 Sp.Def
- Pursuit/Quick Attack
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower/Brick Break
- Do I really need to explain Scizor? U-Turn for scouting purposes as well as massive damage to anything that doesn't resist U-turn on the way out. Nice way to threaten Latias and Celebi especially. Works well against Jirachi users also. Jirachi just makes me :x sometimes....ugh. But anyway, Scizor is always a lovely poke to have. The best scouter in the game in my opinion because it threatens to hit hard. 200 HP and 58 Sp.Def allows Scizor to live an unboosted Timid HP Fire from Celebi WITHOUT taking SR damage and hit back with U-Turn. Overall Scizor is a very useful pokemon that seriously puts a dent on virtually everything in the OU metagame if played correctly. All hail the bugs!
The Substitutions at a glance!
The Substitution Discussion
Flygon - Naive Nature - Levitate
Item: Choice Scarf - 16 Atk, 252 Spd, 242 Sp. Atk
- Earth Power
- HP Electric
- Draco Meteor
- I noticed that my main board has problems with offensive Rain Dance teams, so I created two pokemon for that serious weakness that this team possesses. The first is this Flygon. Plus speed natured Scarfed Flygon outspeeds even Kingdra in the Rain provided that Kingdra hasn't DDanced or Agil'd. This Flygon is NOT to be used in conjunction with anything else but this particular team hence its movepool will not serve you much justice outside of countering Rain Dance teams. U-Turn is for scouting once again and it's the only reason I didnt chose Salamence over Flygon. HP Electric takes care of Gyara after SR damage and is a nice surprise, and the same goes for Mence with Draco Meteor. Earth Power is a nifty first time surprise over Earthquake. This set fails against Blissey and other special walls tho, whom may score a +1 move for the team while Flygon is switching out unless you U-turned but that shouldn't be a problem since the majority of this teams pokes are physical oriented. Nevertheless, the most important thing is that I hit Kingdra and other RD users first. Overall not really a necessary substitute, but fun to use. You may revert back to the standard physical set if you feel more comfortable with it.
Kingdra - Timid Nature - Swift Swim
Item: Life Orb - 6 HP, 252 Spd, 252 Sp.Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- HP Electric
- Draco Meteor
- If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. This Kingdra takes advantage of that speculation. Timid ensures that other Kingdra shouldn't outspeed you unless they win a speed tie. Signal Beam hits Celebi and Azelf pretty damn hard. This set is capable of 2HKOing a number of threats and OHKOing the major/annoying ones such as other Kingdra, Salamence, Gyarados, Celebi and resisting Scizor's Bullet Punch and Kabutops Aqua Jet. Max HP Suicune takes 62% damage from LO Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump does around 80% to Max HP Swampert and those are just to name a few that Kingdra could 2HKO. This is a formidable force to be reckoned and it fits well since the majority of the main board is physical. I periodically replace Heracross with this Kingdra.
- Rate, Comment, Borrow, Subscribe, Enjoy!