ORAS OU RMT: Sand and Diamonds (Peaked 1751)

Hi, this is my first RMT, and i'm very happy about it.
I start using this team in the early of ORAS, but i made a lot of changes to it become better, and now i'm having a lot of success in the ladder, and i decided to write a RMT to you see it and talk what you think, also i will accept tips and advices.
(i'm not american, so excuse me for the mistakes
here we go:

Sand and Diamonds(mega diancie hazard stacking/sand balanced)

at the begining i was wanting to use Mega Diancie(RP) and Magnezone(Scarf) core so i put them together and start to think about good teammates.

I decided to make my team a andstorm team because the sand can help Diancie to set up , so i add Tyranitar(support) and Excadrill(LO AoA)

My team was very weak to fighting, ground, water and grass, i decide to put some mons that can check mons with this types. they were SD Talonflame and AV Azu

The team was ok to me(i came to 1500 on the ladder, but i wasn't able to continue), i realise that Hippodown was way better than TTar sice he have less weakness, also i switch Azu to Manaphy(TG+ 3 attacks) cause he can beat easily things like Lando-T, also my fighting weakness wasn't that high at this momment, with Manaphy being able to deal with Ferro, Scizor, ScarfTran and some other things, i decide to switch Magnezone to Ferro, since he resists grass and water also don't stack ground weakness, i use spikes/T-wave/leech seed/power whip, so i can help Diancie a lot also i can beat some Manaphys witch is a treat.

Lately i realise that Latios(roost + hp fire + stabs) is better than Talon, sice he can switch into keldeo(most of times) and can revenge kill oposite Manaphy easier. Also i change Diancie to Protect+3 attacks and Exca to air balloon + SD. while not having a hazard remover looks pretty bad, i don' have so much trouble, since Mega Diancie can pressure a lot of hazard setters, also they always try to beat latios and exca before setting up, since they predict spin/defog.

LO + Spin excadrill came back to the team, and I replace latios with AV Tornadus-T, cause he can deal with serperior, gengar and the core of skarmory and chansey, things that was giving trouble to my team.

The Team:

My Masterpiece
Mega Diancie

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

The reason of this team exist, i really like Mega Diancie, she can beat a lot of things and have an awesome coverage, alongisde the sand she can beat some things that normally can't like gengar and mega alakazam. She usually Came to battle In predicts switchs, or to take a flying hit, then attack, killing the oponent or to make her counters weakers. Diamond Storm and Moonblast coverage is awesome to beat frail things and some bulky mons with weakness, earth power is the coverage move cause can deal with excadrill, heatran, bisharp and some other mons, protect is used for scout, and is very good against things like Scarf lando-t, also make me know if things like garchomp and kyurem-b are scarfed or not, also mega diancie it´s a glue on the hazard stacking part of the team, because she can beat every defog bar (mega)sczior and empoleon, also she beats a few spinners and have magic bounce to protect my own field from hazards.

Mega Diancie's BFF
Manaphy

Manaphy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 92HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manaphy is an awesome wall-breaker, after a single boost just a few mons can switch into a attack, even thing like gyarados are 2KOed by scald, manaphy can remove mega diancie biggests fears, like scizor(and mega), ferro, heatran and jirachi. Manaphy is also a glue on my team(alongside ferrothorn) against rain teams, since manaphy can survive an EQ or a Specs HP from mega swampert and omastar, and ko tem with energy ball, witch can also be used against things like slowbro, azumaril, rotom-w and seismitoad. manaphy have a easy time seting up and can destroy teams by itself, if he can't do that he can at least take 2 mons with it. Edit: Change to a set with more breaking potential, shed shell is used to lure goth, so i can switch for diancie, and have a free turn to attack, also +6 surf from a modest manaphy have a high chance of 2KO chansey.

Gotta go Fast
Excadrill

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

excadrill is an amazing sweeper, i'm using LO + Rapid Spin cause i need a way of getting rid of hazzards in my camp while keep my own hazzards in their camp, excadrill Stabs give my team a really good coverage, Iron Head take fairys like clefable, mega gardevoir, sylveon and +1 mega altaria, thigns that could destroy my team with win cons, eq is the mos spammable move hitting really hard everything, the spikes + sr combo helps exca with the damage, since he can't set-up. rock slide is used for hitting talonflame, mega pinsir, tornadus-t, thundurus, gyarados and charizard-y in sand.

Fat Thing
Hippodown

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

This is a very important mon cause of sand stream, he is my mixed wall and can check a lot of threats to the team like mega lop, mega man and other sweepers, my SR setter and i usually need to sacrifice him to keep my offensive mons alive. Slack of is used to keep Hippo alive, EQ is the best offensive move, WW is very usefull against things like Gyarados/Mega Gyarados that try to set up against me, also is good to phase when Spikes and SR are UP, he can beat some key things like heatran and Hoopa-U, i try to keep him alive untill i need exca, since exca can't touch offensive teams without sand, but hippodown is generaly my best switch against offensive mons.

So Much Residual Damage
Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Another mon that keep pivoting into attacks, ferro's type is very important to my team, since he resists water and grass, he is my support and is used to make Excadrill's and Diancie's threats weakers, Spikes alongside leech seed, iron barbs and sandstorm make everything easier to his teammates, and T-Wave cripples things like Zard-x and Torn, witch think can Set-Up/Switch against you. Power whip over Gyro ball because PW can hit Manaphy, and gyro looses damage on paralyzes mons, i need to set-up spikes when i come against things like locked keldeo or excadrill, but i need to recognize the right moment to use t-wave and the right moment to use spikes.

Fast and Bulky
Tornadus-T

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

after using talonflame, latios and goth i realise that AV tornadus was the best mon for the last slot(tnks trickling), he can beat offensive mons that can free hit my team(serperior and gengar) and also is a better answer to defensive cores like chansey+skarmory, i use tornadus-t as my switch to mega venusaur, keldeo, unboosted manaphy, gengar, serperior and special attackers in general. hurricane is the best stab, used for hitting almsot everything, heat-wave allow me to beat (mega) scizor, ferrothorn, jirachi(alnogside knock off) and skarmory. u-turn give me momentum witch is very important in this metagame. Tornadus-T typing is rly good to my team, giving me resistence to fighting and grass.

Threats
-Keldeo: i need to know whitch set is, if is scarf he give trouble to diancie, if is specs he give trouble to the entire team, if he locks into HP ice/hydro pump/scald i can bring manap or ferro, if locks into sacred swod i can bring tornadus-T . all sets can be revenge killed by Exca in sand.
-Gyarados/Mega Gyarados: i have to set up rocks earlier as possible, diancie can win against both of them if they d dont't set-up, exca can revenge kill a +1 spe in sand, if gyarados/mega gyarados have subs and he know the right moment to set-up, i just lost.
-hoopa-U: i can't switch anything on it, but everything can revenge kill.
-Breloom: Mach Punch for exca, bulet Seed for Hippo, Diancie and Manaphy, is quite dificult to switch to it since latios fear rock tomb or spore, i need to break his sash (witch is easy since i have tons of residual damage) and then revenge kill it. i always predict sash, witch mean that LO sets and/or SD sets can bluff me rly easily.
-ice moves: manaphy is the only one to resist ice in my team, but having Diancie and Exca i don't have too much problem to revenge kill ice mons.

Replays(soon i will post more):
(old team)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-252063867 against an Trick room team, i played really bad in the early-mid game, but exca save the day
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-252095065 against Rain team, i have some hax, but i would probably win anyway, since his politoed would die to another hit and manaphy could live a power whip.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-252440007 against mega venusaur balanced(with sp.def skarmory), mega diancie sweepeed in late game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-252659067 SD at the right moment win the game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-252690715 against mega scizor offense, t-wave save my team from being sweeped by volcarona.
(current team)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-256372527 against char-x + sand offense, manaphy + rocks made to mutch pressure for the opposite team, nothing could switch to it. (i add name to my mons)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-256594158 against balanced, spikes allow diancie to beat both of her checks in that match.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-256938946 against HO + mew, the sand trio take care of 5 mons of the enemy team, manaphy was crucial to remove a +2 crawdant from the game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-257861835 agaisnt HO, Hippo and manaphy turn a 5-3 into a 0-3
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-259288934 against balanced.

Last edited:
We really need the movesets and ev spreads and such to be able to help you out here. You can import then straight out of PS! if you want, just click the team, click the 'Import/Export' button next to the name, and copy paste it in.

And just as a side note, English isn't only spoken in America! It's also the main language in England and Australia, for example.

We really need the movesets and ev spreads and such to be able to help you out here. You can import then straight out of PS! if you want, just click the team, click the 'Import/Export' button next to the name, and copy paste it in.

And just as a side note, English isn't only spoken in America! It's also the main language in England and Australia, for example.
read the importable box

Missed that lol. Still easier to have the sets right there when we read why you're using the pokemon and stuff but ok.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man first i wanna tell you that you should post the sets of every mon under the IMG for a better read / comprehension of the RMT with that being said let´s move on to the real deal. Really solid team and good sinergy overall but while watching your team i´ve notice that you dont pack defoger / spinner, and yes i know you have magic bouncer user but Diancie is easily beat it for the majority of rockers in the tier like Hippo/ Ferro / Skarm even some random forretress, hazards dont hurt you too much at least rocks, but one layer of spikes really does. Other minor issue you might have is Mega Alt, because you lack of Steel move on ferro and your only revenge kill need sand support on top of that this monster can set up a DD on latios, manaphy which also lack of ice type attack and on predicting recovery move / rocks hippo. Ttar + Keldeo is another deadly combo for you team, ttar trapping you only solid switch in which is Latios and you get exposed since your excadril isnt packing LO which you should give that item because i dont think your weak to opposing sand offense having hippo + ferro. And last Weavile has a lot of fun with you team if he packs low kick. So i give a couple suggestion that might help you a bit.
  • I think Hippowdon need Stone Edge > Whirlwind simply because talonbird is a problem specially when you switch in lack of recovery as it is Diancie, and most of the teams right now have spin support starmie which can spin almost on every member of your team, so having Edge on hippo is more realible switch for talon.
  • Put Life Orb > Air Baloon on exca and give Rapid Spin > SD sound like a better idea in my opinion having LO you kinda balance the power of lacking SD and having spin support is always nice. Also you deal more damage to keldeo doing like 80+ which is a problem if it paired with tar.
  • Dealing with altaria is better than paralyze things in this case so i recomended Gyro Ball > T-wave on ferro with a Relaxed nature, this is 100 percent switch to altaria bar Cotton guard set which you should handle it still with diancie. Also Gyro is really nice for Kyub which is a treat for your team too.
  • I like the idea of double luring Ferro with HP fire Latios and Manaphy, but i think you can try lure Skarmory which is running around with T-Bolt > HP Fire Latios, this open a window to Excadrill too.
  • And last i think this Ev Spread is better for Manaphy EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe Timid Nature enough speed to outpaste landoT and some volcaronas too, you can go max speed but since you running HP fire is useless hit that mark.
Hope i help you man and GL

Hey man first i wanna tell you that you should post the sets of every mon under the IMG for a better read / comprehension of the RMT with that being said let´s move on to the real deal. Really solid team and good sinergy overall but while watching your team i´ve notice that you dont pack defoger / spinner, and yes i know you have magic bouncer user but Diancie is easily beat it for the majority of rockers in the tier like Hippo/ Ferro / Skarm even some random forretress, hazards dont hurt you too much at least rocks, but one layer of spikes really does. Other minor issue you might have is Mega Alt, because you lack of Steel move on ferro and your only revenge kill need sand support on top of that this monster can set up a DD on latios, manaphy which also lack of ice type attack and on predicting recovery move / rocks hippo. Ttar + Keldeo is another deadly combo for you team, ttar trapping you only solid switch in which is Latios and you get exposed since your excadril isnt packing LO which you should give that item because i dont think your weak to opposing sand offense having hippo + ferro. And last Weavile has a lot of fun with you team if he packs low kick. So i give a couple suggestion that might help you a bit.
  • I think Hippowdon need Stone Edge > Whirlwind simply because talonbird is a problem specially when you switch in lack of recovery as it is Diancie, and most of the teams right now have spin support starmie which can spin almost on every member of your team, so having Edge on hippo is more realible switch for talon.
  • Put Life Orb > Air Baloon on exca and give Rapid Spin > SD sound like a better idea in my opinion having LO you kinda balance the power of lacking SD and having spin support is always nice. Also you deal more damage to keldeo doing like 80+ which is a problem if it paired with tar.
  • Dealing with altaria is better than paralyze things in this case so i recomended Gyro Ball > T-wave on ferro with a Relaxed nature, this is 100 percent switch to altaria bar Cotton guard set which you should handle it still with diancie. Also Gyro is really nice for Kyub which is a treat for your team too.
  • I like the idea of double luring Ferro with HP fire Latios and Manaphy, but i think you can try lure Skarmory which is running around with T-Bolt > HP Fire Latios, this open a window to Excadrill too.
  • And last i think this Ev Spread is better for Manaphy EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe Timid Nature enough speed to outpaste landoT and some volcaronas too, you can go max speed but since you running HP fire is useless hit that mark.
Hope i help you man and GL
i will try to use life orb spin again on exca spikes is really bodring me, but i really need WW and T-Wave since gyro ball is 2ko on altaria and FB is 2ko on ferro, altaria attack first so... both exca and diancie can easily revenge kill and latios can 2 shot some variations, and WW prevents me from being destroyed by char x and gyarados/mega gyarados. defensive skarmory is 2koed by hp fire, and sp.def can't take 4, since he have sturdy is dosen't matter too much. i really apreciate your help :D

Last edited:
can someone helep me to discover witch playstyle is my team? i always saw my team as a balanced team, cause i have some offensive mons and some defensive mons, but now i have a doubt, is my team a bulky offensive team? or a balanced team. like i generaly switch my mons, even the offensive mons need to take some hits on switchs, but i lack offensive pivots and tanks so i don't know if my team is a bulky offensive.

Searing Victory

Banned deucer.
Nice team buddy, one thing if your weak to rain i suggest Thundy. I see a weekness to stall, Manaphy for Keldeo? Or Try Bisharp or Gothitelle. Great team but Lati gets rid of your hazards so i suggest Spin Drill, Gl it.

after a lot of battles against rain, i realise that rain is not trouble for me, i can deal with it using ferrothorn as a counter to the swift swimers, hippo can cancel rain switching against magnezone, torandus-t, thundurus, mega man, mega scizor and raikou. manaphy can win a 1v1 against swampert, seismitoad, kabutops and omastar. kingdra and omastar can be killed by mega diancie out of rain. and exca can deal with almost any mon of rain teams out of rain.

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hello Kutscher,

there are some defensive cores your team struggles to deal with; in fact, despite Diancie pressures Sableye lacking Fake Out, you still can't deal with fat defensive cores such as Skarm/Chansey + Jirachi or Cresselia eventually. So I think that Tornadus-Therian can easily replace Latios. This Pokemon plays a good role in the actual metagame being able to pressure Stall teams (it can use Knock Off vs chansey and other bulky walls, gain momentum with U-Turn, deal with Skarmory thanks to heat wave, threaten Mega Sableye with Hurricane and confusion), to switch into special attackers that fits well in offensive teams, such as Gengar, KO them, or just get momentum with U-Turn; it has a great longevity thanks to Regenerator which helps it play against balanced teams (consider that Knock Off spam is great), and can even be your switch-in to the opposing Tornadus-T and Latios/Latias which both pressure your team a lot. Furthermore it can resist a +2 Bullet Punch without SR up from most Scizor's set, whereas Latios can't.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Even if it seems ridicolous, you can even try Iron Head over Power Whip on Ferrothorn without giving away Thunder Wave, because Kyurem-Black is a major issue with the introduction of Tornadus-Therian.

Hope I helped you, good luck with your team which already seems to be pretty solid.

Last edited:
Torn-t looks like a good idea, but i will face more problems against keldeo and manaphy(rly nothing on My team will be able to switch into specs keldeo, and kill manaphy will become harder since he avoids a ko from excadrill and diancie also latios is My only safe switch to it. so idk if i switch or not, since gengar and skarmory+ chamaste are a threats to My team(i need to predict a lot against stall)

I've tested this team a bit and would like to suggest using a wacan berry instead of leftovers on manaphy for the sole purpose of beating mons such as, raikou, kyub, thundurus, scarf magnezone and manectric. Manaphy lures all of the aforementioned pokemon anyway so it won't take much if any prediction to KO them, plus this small change makes things much easier on ferrothorn and hippowdon and allows them to stay healthy enough to check other threats.

Hey it is nice team,try a new spread for tornadus-t for take better keldeo
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

i change manaphy to shed shell, modest and switch scald for surf, this way manaphy can beat stall on his own. anyone knows why my replays disappear?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)