Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
This team started with an Aerodactyl and went from there, and shit, this thing is a beast. He ties with Raikou as the Pokemon who gets the most knock outs in a single game. Aerodactly is a simple CBer that immediately keeps the opponent on the defensive on turn 1 and reaps the rewards of being one of the best endgame cleaners of all time.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 188 HP / 224 Def / 96 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
- Recover
- Surf
Milotic is here to disable weather whenever it can, especially after Tyranitar falls to Dugtrio. 96 EVs in speed allow me to outrun Adamant Tyranitar (which is, of course, extremely helpful), whilst the remainder of EVs were split to maximize defense (I used X-Act's Defense Maximizing calculator).

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
In my opinion, this seems a little out of place on this team, but Spikes are nice nonetheless. I haven't really thought about replacements, yet, but I like being able to spike on random things such as Swampert and Blissey. :)

It's been working, and that's all that matters.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 224 Atk / 232 Spd / 48 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
Dugtrio combines with Aerodactyl, Sceptile, and Raikou to eliminate as many threats as possible. He is the center of my team, picking off threat after threat.

4 HP EVs allows Dugtrio to always survive a +1 Tyranitar Rock Slide, whilst the 48 Special Defense EVs are standard for eliminating enemy Raikou.

Sceptile (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 32 HP / 232 Spd / 244 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Endeavor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
Sceptile! I just wish I could run max speed, but there is no way to run HP: Fire without reducing speed, and I need it to prevent Skarmory from getting too many Spikes out.

Sceptile is capable of knocking out (or at least render useless) this team's problem Pokes, such as Gengar and Zapdos, whom are easy switch-ins and get eaten alive by Endeavor. Combined with Dugtrio and Aerodactyl, I always knock something out.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
My team is primarily built to set the battle up for a Raikou sweep, as you can see. I normally run HP: Ice on my Raikou, but seeing as this team has to battle fast and win fast, HP: Grass for Swampert is more sensual. As this team has no way to clear Spikes, I let him hit 321 HP (which is 16/4 + 1) for maximal Spikes survival and Substitute usage.

I most notably have trouble switching into Zapdos, especially when the Spikes damage begin to stack up. I have considered running max HP on Raikou, but as of now I like the power behind its Thunderbolts from the maxed special stat. Gengar and Tyranitar can become problematic (especially Gengar). Tyranitar is almost always knocked out by Dugtrio and the sandstorm subdued by a Rain Dance from Milotic before it begins to trouble my team, however. This team strives purely on constant awareness of my opponent's moves and over-predicting to prevent as much net damage as possible.

The running theme in my team is that there is no one here to "defend against [Pokemon]" or "cover as many holes as possible." It is a clearcut offensive team in which every Pokemon helps the other and defends with clean prediction and precise switches.

Also, no one has the guts to run 2 CBers anymore!

Have fun. :)

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm using 2 CBers on a team right now.

I say go for 3 Attack Starmie over Milotic. Shit's beast with Sceptile clearing the way.

Might have problems with no Rock resist. Enemy Aerodactyls look painful. Especially if Milotic is switching into Spikes + SS. You can try a defensive Metagross over Skarm, if you don't mind a lack of Spikes, maybe one with LS since you don't have much special coverage.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Very nice team, nice selection of physical and special sweepers! No rock resist that touched points out may be problematic, but Milotic having higher speed than an Adamant CBTar combined with all the other pokemon except Skarm outrunning helps with this alot, I think. However, CBdactyl may be a pain in the ass.

Regice may be problematic for your desired Raikou sweep, especially if it packs Def EVs and Psych Up; Aerodactyl cannot switch into any of Regice's two ice / ele moves, and I am doubtful if Milotic could stall Tbolts with less than max HP (worse chance if Regice has Thunder). The only thing that I could think that could switch in effectively is Sceptile, but that's a pretty risky set up. A predictable Regice switch-in may let you rack up spikes damage on it by switching into your Aerodactyl at the same time.

Another pokemon of trouble is Blissey. Sure you have Endeavor Sceptile, but Blissey would just stall out Endeavor pps with Softboiled every time if it can help it. The rest of your team members, even the CBers, don't pack enough punch to take it down efficiently either.

And yea, Zapdos is a pain in the ass, because it doesn't take any damage from Spikes and could come out to counter what it needs to with little associated cost.

Hypnosis Milotic could be executed to deadly performance I think. With Hypnosis to put Blissey asleep, Blissey is forced to switch unless being threatened by a potential Duggy trap-kill. If Milotic could get Regice to sleep, it's even better, since not only Duggy could trap-kill it, but it would be disabled for a long time, possibly enough time to take it down. If Zapdos or Regice are sleep talkers, well, switching-in maybe risky, but at least they can neither recover its health until it awakes again nor control its offense. Since Zapdos, Regice, and Blissey are common switch-ins, it'll be no problem for Milotic to put them to sleep, and work effectively with Spikes and Duggy Trapping.

You need to lose Ice Beam or Rain Dance in the process; I'd take out Ice Beam. Aerodactyl and Skarmory should be able to handle Salamences; Skarmory phazes Grass.

Alternatively, Sceptile is probably the most dispensable member in your team to improve your team's capabilities to break Zapdos, Regice, and Blissey and to improve the team's defense (perhaps Machamp / Wish CM Jirachi / Snorlax (mixlax that doesn't require much set up is recommended; Focus Punch / Earthquake, Fire Blast, Double-Edge, Rest / Self-Destruct / Counter / EQ / Yawn / Toxic - Yawn or Toxic needed to beat Blissey if Lax doesn't have Focus Punch - I don't think D-Edge would beat it)).

Good job, again, with your admirable effort in making your original theme work Karrot =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)