RMT - Willkommen in der Dunkelheit

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello people !
This is my second RMT.
The first one was based on a solid 3-3 Stall/Sweep, but this one isn't.
I've also tried Stall, which is efficient, but so boring... I prefer to rush through walls (Sometimes they do not break but that's pretty rare...)
So here is my new team, a Berzerk Team !
Willkommen in der Dunkelheit = Welcome to the Darkness.
(It's also a tribute to Rammstein new album, which is more aggressive that the 2 previous, and because I go back to my sources : Sweep and do not think too much !)
Here we go, fools.
Also, I must say that I've tried to make something quite solid, it's not only "All out sweep, and we'll see it if works."

Okay, so... First, I need a lead, something annoying, with a not-too known moveset for a lead, which can set up SR, and kill things.
"Mr. Metagross Shut the f*ck up, i do not love ugly iron spiders !"

THE LEAD

Hcnilfarap (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Substitute
---
Okay, Jirachi. What's new ? It's not a tricker.
Usually I T-wave on the first turn, then I can either Sub or SR.
Stealth Rocks are very important for a Zerk Team, because it allows me to break everyone's sashes and to weaken some threats.
The Holy Trinity T-Wave, Iron Head and Sub, with Leftovers, allows me when I'm lucky to kill a few pokes, even Magnezone (Hell yeah...)
The only things that trouble this Jirachi are ApeLead and Ground-typed Leads (Hippowdon is really nasty.)
Azelf is a simple T-wave + Iron head, because Fire Blast only does up to 96% damage.
I do not run much Speed EVs because I'll always be faster after T-Wave ! :)
252 PVs allows me to reach 404 HP, so 101 HP subs (and moreover, resistant subs with much HP :D
252 Attack is obvious to hit harder with Iron Head, because flinching is good, but killing is betteR.
Also, I must say that most people are looking for a TrickRachi lead, so they switch either for something they don't care being tricked, or to something Iron-Head resistant, that eats a T-wave.

That's okay, after that I need something with great Spdef, and hard-hitting power, something really nasty, able to kill almost anything... Eh, I know ! :D

The Crusher (Tyranitar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/230 Atk/28 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
---
This is my own version of the old thing called TyraBOAH. Wait no I can't usurpate things like that... This is a surprising Hit-n-Kill Tyranitar ! :)
I've used not to use him in teams because of SandStream and stupid weaknesses, but looking closer to its strengths I decided to try it and guess what ? It hurts.
I guess some people will tell me to run a mixed version, but definitely NO !
When I put Tyranitar on some special attack, due to its gigantic bulkiness, my opponent switches, and I sub. People are waiting for a choice bander so they do an obvious switch to something resistant to the predicted hit.
Then I can dent them with a Focus Punch, coming from 134 Base Attack, 230 EVs and a positive nature : Nothing barring ghosts like that...
While the mixed version cannot kill things like Scizor with a focus punch, this one can, and that's marvellous.
Even after Intimidate, Ice punch is OHKO versus Salamence (guy what did you expect ? ^^)
Crunch is STAB, and destroys Latias and everything I can't hit that strong with Focus punch or Ice punch :)
The given 28 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed Blissey mainly, because Tyranitar does not like being statused.

Okay here we are, and I have a nasty common weakness, I've named Ground... I also have a fighting and a fire weaknesses, that's pretty bad ! So I need something efficient, able to take hits from this side and answer with monstruous hits. I know what to use, and I hope you guessed it !

The Snake (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Substitute
---
Hell yeah, BounceDos ! This is also the first part of my Intimidate duo.
Dragon Dance seems obvious on Gyarados to nullify its mediocre speed, and Waterfall is also an obvious STAB move, with Flinch, so my opponent remembers the dear Jirachi, hehe. After that, I have Substitute. It allows me to absorb status, and then DD more. The main part of this set is Bounce.
I do not understand why people aren't using it ! Seriously. It's more powerful than Waterfall, thanks to STAB, has a 30% paralysis chance and makes me laugh at Explosion or slower frail sweepers. It also allows Gyarados to have perfect coverage.
After 2DD, Bounce is a OHKO on Tentacruel, and 68% on bulky Suicune :)
I have thought of BulkyDos to be able to make even more DDs, but it still dies stupidly and is not well-paired with my Zerk Team. 252/252 Attck/speed is far better, allowing me to crush my opponents !

We've done 3 out of 6 pokes. What's next ? I have 3 physical pokes, and no real revenge killer at this point. Okay, now for the second part of Intimidate duo !

GraveFiller (Salamence) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage
---
Salamence is exactly what I needed here. Previously it was a mixed Electivire, which used to wreak havoc, but it made my EQ weakness too big... Far too big ! Salamence is EQ-immuned, and is a fantastic WallBreaker ! It destroys the holy combo GyaraVire, but that's not really a problem, it forces me to anticipate more.
The main question after chosing Mence was his moveset and EV spread, and it wasn't easy to chose... I finally made my choice, and it is a mixed DD Mence. Really effective.
"Eh man, why Fire Blast if you have DD ? Why not Fire Fang !?"
Well, it's easy, Fire Blast hits still harder than Fire Fang after a DD, and makes about 65% on Skarmory which otherwise walls this.
Outrage is obvious and allows me to put big dents into anything, and Earthquake gives me the needed coverage, to hit anything. Yeah anything.
In fact, the choice for Mence took time, but after I thought of him; it was obvious !
I needed something to break walls, with Flying or Levitate.
I thought of Latias or Zapdos, but I do not like being walled by Special walls, so this MixMence seemed perfect !

Two Ground weaknesses, two ground immunities... Let continue !
I needed something to RevengeKill, and cripple walls I can't get through.
I also wanted it to be a ghost to take Fighting hits aimed at Tyranitar after his Sub is broken. (Or ground.) Here it is !

Cookie (Rotom-h) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick
---
Rotom-h fits perfecly in this hole. It's the glue of the team, because if revengekills, it absorbs fighting, normal (LOL?) and ground hits perfectly, sending back a nasty hit.
Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are both stabs, and get rid of Gyarados, Bulky water pokes, Latias, Celebi... all these things, you see ? ^^
Overheat is here if an IronBoy is on my path, or if I want to OHKO a not-enough prudent Scizor.
Trick is in the last slot to cripple walls.
Not much to say about Rotom, you can't deny its bulkiness and strength !
Also, I'm playing the Hoven appliance, but I haven't found the right pic.

Okay, my team is nearly complete ! Now, I really need a physical cleaner, something that is able to revenge kill efficiently on the physical spectrum, a late-gamer marvellous sweeper ! Is it red and obvious ? I don't think so.

The Beast (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
---
NO SCIZOR IN THIS TEAM, K ?
More seriously, I find that Luke is sexier than Scizor, and its perfect coverage, higher speed and Extremespeed make it all.
After a SD, Close Combat is OHKO on Vaporeon (and Suicune I guess, but I haven't tried.)
Extremespeed allows me to revenge kill things I have dented before, and Crunch is here for perfect coverage ; After SR and SD, Crunch is OHKO on Cresselia :)
I don't have much to say on Lucario, it's an effective game-cleaner :)

The team is complete at this point. Any comment or improvement ?
It's your turn ! :)

RMT please.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
That Tyranitar set is ok, but DDTar has such great synergy with Gyarados and Lucario, weakening each others counters, that I would use it. Try a set with Leftovers, to aid setting up. Here is the set:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
4 hp/252 att/252 spd
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake

This set, combined with Gyarados, Salamence, and Lucario, helps wear down walls, so you really don't need a wall-breaking set. That Tyranitar is just as potent as a wall-breaker as TyraniBoah anyway. Good luck with your team!

Edit: Also helps with Latias as the CM set rapes your team. Hell LO+ 3 attacks does as well, so definitely go with this.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I definetely won't use Stone Edge as it ALWAYS miss.
I can miss Bounce twice in a row, so imagine Stone Edge :-/
The DDTar is great, but everything scarfed or faster is gonna rape me, isn't it ?

The idea of the Sub is to get bulkier, so I can maybe use a CurseTar, with EVs spread into HPs and SpDef, making myself a slow monster, with Payback ? Or is it idiot ? ^^

I understand that Stone Edge is as powerful as Focus Punch, due to stab, but I'm not sure to get that kill on Mence or things like that, because of the creepy accuracy, and then I'm a dead TyranitaR.

I've also noticed that I've done a little mistake about Scizor : i make him loose 85% of life with Focus Punch (bulky scizor maybe ? :p)

Hello,

I like your Jirachi set, I've never seen one like that before, same goes for Tyranitar.

But some suggestions:

As A Bouncedos user my self I suggest Taunt over Substitute otherwise you will be walled by Vaporeon.

Since you have no real counter for Swampert, I suggest switch Rotom-H to Rotom-C, with Leaf Storm over Overheat.

Rest looks fine to me.
Keep on the effort ^^

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rotom-C isn't a bad idea, I must admit it :)

Taunt is an idea I have to try, but getting a Sub, then 2 turns of Leftovers thanks to Bounce is very nice (I play Gayrados before Tyranitar usually, or if I play it after, Leftovers nullifies SandStream)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)