RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a quick team that I threw together. Has been working fairly okay but would like some input.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Stoutland @ Fairium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Play Rough
- After You
- Psychic Fangs

Gigalith @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wide Guard
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Thanks!

First off this is in the wrong section so expect it to be moved at some point. You really need to include descriptions, and I mean good descriptions of why you chose certain Pokemon, why they synergise well with one another, what particular meta threats certain Pokemon, moveset and EV spread choices help you deal with. You use a lot of 252,252 spreads, so why do you choose these over more complicated spreads? You have some very peculiar sets, spreads and Pokemon choices, like SD Bulu, Fairium Z Stoutland and Lax Celesteela (which I can say right away, you'd be better of going with Impish). But even with the more standard options like scarf Lele, why did you choose scarf over an alternative like Life Orb, Psychium Z, Bulky Sitrus Berry etc. Obviously each of these have their benefits and drawbacks, but why on this particular team did you find the speed worth the cost of being locked in to one move and the opportunity cost of running a different moveset?

If you can't put that much thought in to justifications for your team members then you can't expect other people to spend their time trying to optimise a team that you don't really care that much about. If you want an example of what I'm talking about, this is an RMT I made at the very start of the format. These are the sorts of things you should try to include in your descriptions.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/insert-creative-team-name-here-vgc17-rmt.3589073/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)