RMT

My first UU RMT. This team has brought me quite a lot of success, it increased my CRE from 1180 to 1420+ and still increasing as of now.

Name: Omastar
EVs: 4 Def, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Ability: Swift Swim
Held Item: Focus Sash
Move #1: Stealth Rock
Move #2: Spikes
Move #3: Surf
Move #4: Hidden Power [Grass]

Purpose: My lead. Gets up Spikes and Stealth Rock quite easily, and opposing leads trying to Taunt me gets whacked by Surf hard, even Qwilfish who resists it takes about 45%. With a Timid Nature and the given Speed and Special Attack EVs, Omastar can turn the tables on Rain Dancing Electrode. It also allows Omastar to outspeed base 90 speed leads that don't invest in Speed such as Uxie. Focus Sash is there just in case of a Grass Knot or Hidden Power [Grass] from Pokemon like Blaziken or Arcanine. Surf is for obvious STAB if Omastar is still alive, Hidden Power [Grass] does some damage to bulky waters like Milotic, but you'd much rather have something else take them on.

Name: Moltres
EVs: 248 HP, 84 Def, 176 Spe
Ability: Pressure
Held Item: Leftovers
Move #1: Substitute
Move #2: Toxic
Move #3: Flamethrower
Move #4: Roost

Purpose: Someone that greatly helps Omastar here by being 4x resistant to the Grass type attacks Omastar really hates, as well as being immune to Earthquake. And hey, this is the standard Toxic-stalling set, to force switches and take advantage of the entry hazards Omastar sets up. And just as a side info, if you can hit Blastoise with a Toxic on the switch in, this Moltres can outstall him with Roost, and this is assuming Blastoise uses Surf with 4 Special Attack EVs and neutral nature.

Name: Mismagius
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Move #1: Nasty Plot
Move #2: Substitute
Move #3: Shadow Ball
Move #4: Hidden Power [Fighting]

Purpose: Naturally I need a Spin-Blocker to not let Omastar's efforts go to waste, and Mismagius is both my spin-blocker AND sweeper at the same time. Mismagius does a good job in scaring off the usual spinners of Claydol or Donphan, if the latter doesn't have Assurance. Blastoise can't even 3KO this Mismagius with Surf, counting Leftovers recovery, while she can 2KO back with a Nasty Plotted Shadow Ball. And also, with 3 layers of Spikes, a +2 Hidden Power Fighting 2KOs Registeel, Mismagius' biggest problem. Chansey doesn't pose a threat at all if you are behind a Substitute, and she is also 2KOed by a +6 Hidden Power [Fighting]. Shadow Ball is for obvious STAB, and hits pretty hard after a Nasty Plot boost. And as a side bonus, absorbs Explosions from unsuspecting lead Electrodes or Qwilfish.

Name: Scyther
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Technician
Held Item: Life Orb
Move #1: Swords Dance
Move #2: Bug Bite
Move #3: Aerial Ace
Move #4: Brick Break

Purpose: Naturally I need a sweeper who can take advantage of entry hazards set up by Omastar and Scyther is one of them. Being able to OHKO Milotic, Registeel and a few other bulky Pokemon with entry hazard support from Omastar. Bug + Flying + Fighting is only resisted by Rotom, and even then a Swords Dance boosted Aerial Ace or Bug Bite OHKOs after Stealth Rock damage. One scary sweeper, and worthy of a place on my team.

Name: Jumpluff
EVs: 188 Def, 68 Sp Def, 252 Spe
Ability: Chlorphyll
Move #1: Sleep Powder
Move #3: Leech Seed
Move #4: Encore

Purpose: Say hello to the annoyer of this team. With Sleep Powder, Subtitute and Leech Seed, my opponents will go really crazy, especially with the entry hazards that Omastar has set up. Encore is for those stupid Substitute users who think they can get away with it, and makes them switch out, racking more residual damage. It is also a HUGE help if I switch in to a Surf from an offensive Milotic, because none of my other team members can do a thing to it. Yeah, maybe a Swords Danced Bug Bite from Scyther, but he won't have the time to Swords Dance against a Life Orbbed Ice Beam from Milotic. And Grass types immune to Leech Seed are taken care of by Moltres.

Name: Hitmontop
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Nature: Impish
Ability: Intimidate
Move #1: Foresight
Move #2: Rapid Spin
Move #3: Close Combat
Move #4: Stone Edge

Purpose: Obviously I needed a spinner after 2 of my Pokemon are 4x weak to Stealth Rock. Foresight is there to Spin away against Ghosts. Hitmontop is pretty bulky, so he should be able to find plenty of opportunities to Rapid Spin. Intimidate is the thing that keeps me alive against things like Dragon Dancing Feraligatr, I switch in to it while it Dragon Dances, switch in Jumpluff on the predicted Waterfall, and switch back in and Intimidate it once more when it tries to use Ice Punch, and Hitmontop takes little damage from a -1 Ice Punch and the given EVs, only like 15%. Same thing for Swellow, switch in as it uses Protect to activate Guts with Flame Orb or Toxic Orb. A Brave Bird activated by Guts but also reduced by Intimidate won't OHKO Hitmontop, so he can still spin away against Swellow. Then switch in Moltres, with the defensive EV spread of the Toxic-staller moveset, Moltres won't even be 2KOed by a Guts boosted Facade after Intimidate, and Roost away to let the burn/poison damage destroy Swellow. The "glue" of my team that keeps me alive against sweepers. Close Combat is for STAB, and also 2KOs Clefable which my team will otherwise have problems with. Stone Edge is there for coverage.

So what do you guys think? Is there any room for improvement? Many, if not all of the builds, are straight off of the Smogon sets. Nothing in particular is extremely new or innovative in my team. Rather, I'm trying to piece together six different Pokemon in unique ways to make a powerful force. Any comments, questions, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I would be in your debt! Have at it guys, and thanks in advance!

swap out sub on moltreas for sunny day and a focus sash, remove the speed evs on your jumpbluff and apply them more concentrated on def, spc def and hp so it can sub seed more effictivly. its by no meens a great idea but no one else said anything :P

swap out sub on moltreas for sunny day and a focus sash, remove the speed evs on your jumpbluff and apply them more concentrated on def, spc def and hp so it can sub seed more effictivly. its by no meens a great idea but no one else said anything :P
*facepalm* Moltres is meant to force switches... not to sweep... and even then it will need to use a Life Orb or Heat Rock. Why'd you think I put defensive EVs there with Roost; Focus Sash is NOT a suitable item at all. And yes, I already put EVs in the Defense and Special Defense for Jumpluff. Putting in HP would be counterproductive since it will restore a lower percentage of HP from Leech Seed, besides, Speed is needed to Sleep opponents before they hit you. New to competetive Pokemon battling? Well, at least someone posted.

I like how they all work together, and how the switch ins work, and I especially like the spikes & stealth rock combo. I cannot find anything wrong with the team really, though I'm no expert :p

I like how they all work together, and how the switch ins work, and I especially like the spikes & stealth rock combo. I cannot find anything wrong with the team really, though I'm no expert :p
Well, no team is invincible. I still lose to ridiculous amounts of bad luck such as Toxic missing 3 turns in a row, getting fully paralyzed at a critical moment and whatnot. And just like chess, when I am at my best I win, and when I am not in a very good mental state, I won't be able to play properly and I lose.

Hello

Cool team and welcome to UU. ^^

On your Omastar you could go with Rindo Berry instead of Focus Sash and a slightly different EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe with a Timid nature. Omastar is bulky enough to take a hit or two from anything that isn't a Grass type attack move so Focus Sash is a bit redundant. Also you are mainly using Omastar for laying down entry hazards so SpA EV's are not really needed (while the extra bulk might help). Besides, Omastar has a pretty high special attack stat even without investment.

Stall could be a problem for you so you might want to try a bulkier version of Mismagius. Since it is also you anti-spinner the extra bulk can really come in handy.

Mismagius @ leftovers/ timid/ levitate
252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe

- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

I also suggest a slightly different EV spread on Hitmontop. A spread of 252 HP / 144 Atk / 96 Def / 16 Spe would fit greatly. Keep the Impish nature of course. Hitmontop keeps the bulk he needs to take certain hit while the little attack investments make sure you can score some important 2HKO's.

Hope this helped and good luck with the team!

EDIT: Scyther could also use Quick Attack in his moveset. After 1 SD (+ Technician) and entry hazard damage it works great as a late game sweeper. You could go with it over Brick Break as you have Steel types covered.

Hello

Cool team and welcome to UU. ^^

On your Omastar you could go with Rindo Berry instead of Focus Sash and a slightly different EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe with a Timid nature. Omastar is bulky enough to take a hit or two from anything that isn't a Grass type attack move so Focus Sash is a bit redundant. Also you are mainly using Omastar for laying down entry hazards so SpA EV's are not really needed (while the extra bulk might help). Besides, Omastar has a pretty high special attack stat even without investment.

Stall could be a problem for you so you might want to try a bulkier version of Mismagius. Since it is also you anti-spinner the extra bulk can really come in handy.

Mismagius @ leftovers/ timid/ levitate
252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 Spe

- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

I also suggest a slightly different EV spread on Hitmontop. A spread of 252 HP / 144 Atk / 96 Def / 16 Spe would fit greatly. Keep the Impish nature of course. Hitmontop keeps the bulk he needs to take certain hit while the little attack investments make sure you can score some important 2HKO's.

Hope this helped and good luck with the team!

EDIT: Scyther could also use Quick Attack in his moveset. After 1 SD (+ Technician) and entry hazard damage it works great as a late game sweeper. You could go with it over Brick Break as you have Steel types covered.
Ah I see. This is worth trying.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, welcome to UU.

You have a very, very big problem with Nasty Plot Mismagius. Taunt prevents Hitmontop and Jumpluff from doing anything to it. From there, it OHKOs your whole team with Shadow Ball + Thunderbolt. You also have pretty big problems with Rock Polish Torterra and Swellow. There's one Pokemon who can effectively check all of these threats, and that is a Scarf Rotom. It also prevents he most reliable spinner in UU, Hitmontop, from doing its job, by switching into Rapid Spin and tricking it a useless Scarf on the Foresight. A moveset of Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/HP Ice/Trick should work well.

I don't see why you can't run the Special Sweeper set on Moltres. With Spikes + Stealth Rock, it becomes an incredibly potent force, 2HKOing Milotic with HP Grass. In fact, with 3 layers of Spikes and SR, Modest versions can 2HKO Chansey with Fire Blast. It's worth trying, you won't be disappointed.

Jumpluff is a good SubSeeder, but the lack of offensive presence is a major downfall. I'd suggest teyingbour a SubSeed Sceptile in its place. Like Jumpluff, it forces tons of switches, but it also had the option of firing of powerful Leaf Storms of 105 base Special Attack. A moveset of Leaf Storm/HP Ice/Substitute/Leech Seed with max Speed and Special Attack sounds good. You do lose out on Encore, but the threat of Leaf Storm is enough to rack up plenty of switches by itself.

Nice team, and gl.

Hey, welcome to UU.

You have a very, very big problem with Nasty Plot Mismagius. Taunt prevents Hitmontop and Jumpluff from doing anything to it. From there, it OHKOs your whole team with Shadow Ball + Thunderbolt. You also have pretty big problems with Rock Polish Torterra and Swellow. There's one Pokemon who can effectively check all of these threats, and that is a Scarf Rotom. It also prevents he most reliable spinner in UU, Hitmontop, from doing its job, by switching into Rapid Spin and tricking it a useless Scarf on the Foresight. A moveset of Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/HP Ice/Trick should work well.

I don't see why you can't run the Special Sweeper set on Moltres. With Spikes + Stealth Rock, it becomes an incredibly potent force, 2HKOing Milotic with HP Grass. In fact, with 3 layers of Spikes and SR, Modest versions can 2HKO Chansey with Fire Blast. It's worth trying, you won't be disappointed.

Jumpluff is a good SubSeeder, but the lack of offensive presence is a major downfall. I'd suggest teyingbour a SubSeed Sceptile in its place. Like Jumpluff, it forces tons of switches, but it also had the option of firing of powerful Leaf Storms of 105 base Special Attack. A moveset of Leaf Storm/HP Ice/Substitute/Leech Seed with max Speed and Special Attack sounds good. You do lose out on Encore, but the threat of Leaf Storm is enough to rack up plenty of switches by itself.

Nice team, and gl.
I see. But Jumpluff is faster than Mismagius, so she can stop her from sweeping. Swellow is a problem yes, I will have to make my Hitmontop take a huge amount of damage first, albeit not a KO, to get rid of it. So who'd you suggest I replace Rotom with? And oh, do you think Venusaur is an acceptable choice over Sceptile, exchanging speed for bulk?

EDIT: Never mind, it is my own Mismagius. This advice seems pretty useful, definitely worth a try. (Unlike the first two posts up there -.-)

My first UU RMT. This team has brought me quite a lot of success, it increased my CRE from 1180 to 1420+ and still increasing as of now.

Name: Omastar
EVs: 4 Def, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim
Held Item: Focus Sash
Move #4: Hidden Power [Grass]
If you want omastar to be able to lay down SR and spikes, you've got to invest into it's defenses. It's special attack is already high enough to not be complete set-up bait. Focus sash is pretty useless on Omastar; Change it to a rindo berry to take a grass type attack or leftovers for all-around more bulkyness. HP grass won't do shit to Milotic and it recovers the damage easily. Swift swim seems nice, but you won't be killing much with Omastar against a full rain dance team, they outclass you. Shell armor blocks crits, which is important for Omastar. I suggest the utility set from the analysis:

Omastar @ leftovers
EVs: 252 hp / 176 def / 80 sp. def
Nature: Bold
Ability: Shell armor
Held Item: Rindo berry or leftovers
Move #4: Ice beam for coverage, protect is also an option if you opt for leftovers.It helps against trick and sneaky grass attacks and stuff.

Name: Moltres
EVs: 248 HP, 84 Def, 176 Spe
Move #1: Substitute
Move #2: Toxic
Move #3: Flamethrower

Moltres has great synergy with Omastar, and you will be switching it with Omastar often. That's where I suggest to be agressive and make use of spikes and stealth rock to turn 3 and 2HKOs into 2 and 1HKOs.
Moltres @ life orb
EVs: 252sp. atk / 4 sp. def / 252 speed
Nature: Timid or modest, speed vs power
Move #1: hp grass
Move #2: air slash
Move #3: Flamethrower or fire blast

Name: Mismagius
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Move #1: Nasty Plot
Move #3: Shadow Ball
Move #4: Hidden Power [Fighting]

I like the previously suggested scarf rotom better. So try it.

Name: Scyther
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Technician
Held Item: Life Orb
Move #1: Swords Dance
Move #2: Bug Bite
Move #3: Aerial Ace
Move #4: Brick Break

It's fine.

Name: Jumpluff
EVs: 188 Def, 68 Sp Def, 252 Spe
Ability: Chlorphyll
Move #1: Sleep Powder
Move #3: Leech Seed
Move #4: Encore

Jumpluff is annoying but it doens't really help your team, maybe if you're subseeding a poisoned pokemon or encore a move which allows you to set up. It magnifies the huge Electric, flying, ice and rock weakness you have while giving you similar resistances to grass, fighting and ground attacks. I suggest quagsire because it deals with these problems. You can take another grass weakness with Moltres and Scyther.
Quagsire @ leftovers
nature: impish
ability: water absorb
EV's: 252 hp / 4 atk / 252 def
-recover
-EQ
-ice punch
-toxic to deal with bulky waters like milotic. If you do think you have these under some form of control, try yawn or encore to give you set-up time, just like Jumpluff did, but I highly doubt that. But it might be risky to use toxic because Milotic often carries hp grass.

Name: Hitmontop
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Nature: Impish
Ability: Intimidate
Move #1: Foresight
Move #2: Rapid Spin
Move #3: Close Combat
Move #4: Stone Edge

It's fine.

Hope I helped. 1 more thing, are you really a lady gaga fan? Lol (forgive me)

Blast

I don't see why he should change that annoyer set on Moltres. It is pretty good and works great with Omastar. As a lead Omaster (and not a rain dance weapon in general) Omastar does a better job at setting up entry hazards by being more bulky and holding leftovers.

The problem with this team is Thunderbolt. Nothing here can take a powerful one, and you don't have super effective moves against electric pokemon in general. Other than that, be careful of Toxic spammers, since your team doesn't handle it very well (not a single safe switch in or resttalker).
A possible solution to these problems is Scarf Venosaur (probably over Jumpluff, which won't be doing much for your team here).

You could also try U-turn over Bug Bite on Scyther to help keeping the pace of the game in your favour.

G'luck.

I don't see why he should change that annoyer set on Moltres. It is pretty good and works great with Omastar. As a lead Omaster (and not a rain dance weapon in general) Omastar does a better job at setting up entry hazards by being more bulky and holding leftovers.

The problem with this team is Thunderbolt. Nothing here can take a powerful one, and you don't have super effective moves against electric pokemon in general. Other than that, be careful of Toxic spammers, since your team doesn't handle it very well (not a single safe switch in or resttalker).
A possible solution to these problems is Scarf Venosaur (probably over Jumpluff, which won't be doing much for your team here).

You could also try U-turn over Bug Bite on Scyther to help keeping the pace of the game in your favour.

G'luck.
I see. I also noticed the Thunderbolt weakness, that is why I considered Donphan as a spinner but it would magnify my weakness to Water, so I guess you're right, the Venusaur might work.

Just a quick rate. I have faced this team before, and I remember my surprise at seeing Jumpluff not in the lead position. It's a great team. However, I do spot two weaknesses. One is Thunderbolt, which has already been discussed. The second is Claydol. It can set up Rocks and spin them away, as well as threatening Hitmontop with its diverse movepool. I hope my comments helped!

Well luckily the only really viable electric type in UU anymore is Manectric so it's not absolutely horrible, but a grass type that resists thunderbolt would be appreciated. Venusaur and Sceptile have unique subseeding sets if you want to go on that route.

Well luckily the only really viable electric type in UU anymore is Manectric so it's not absolutely horrible, but a grass type that resists thunderbolt would be appreciated. Venusaur and Sceptile have unique subseeding sets if you want to go on that route.
Don't forget about Rotom.

Anyway like the above posters, a scarf Venusaur would definitely help. It lets you be able to revenge a lot of threats such as RP Rhyperior and RP Torterra who can hurt you after a RP, although thankfully I don't see too many oppertunities for them to set up.

Just a quick rate. I have faced this team before, and I remember my surprise at seeing Jumpluff not in the lead position. It's a great team. However, I do spot two weaknesses. One is Thunderbolt, which has already been discussed. The second is Claydol. It can set up Rocks and spin them away, as well as threatening Hitmontop with its diverse movepool. I hope my comments helped!
You did? O_O
What was your username, and did you lose or win. And about Claydol, any Ghost type scares it away.

Hello!

After reading your rmt, I found out that your team is increadibly weak to Mismagius (especially behind a sub). All you can do is hope to win the speed tie with either Scyther or your own Mismagius to break the sub and then put it to sleep with Jumpluff. Your team is also weak to Scarf Rotom which can outspeed and 1-2HKO all of your pokemon. To remedy this weakness. I suggest replacing your Mismagius or Jumpluff with a Spiritomb:

Spiritomb @ leftovers
nature: Careful
EVs: 208 Hp / 184 Atk / 116 Spe
Sucker Punch / Pursuit / Will o Wisp / Pain split

Spiritomb with its bulk can help your team take on those two nasty ghosts and provides a good switch in to a lot of physical attackers thanks to Will o wisp (mainly Fighting tupes) and typing. It can also block Rapid Spin more effectively than Mismagius since it can beat almost any Rapid spinner or force them to switch witch means more SR and spikes damage.

Hope I helped. Good luck on the ladder!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)