RNG NOC: GAME OVER

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Day ending early: Means we talk less, so we have less of people talking to use as evidence for or against other people later. Means the mafia has an easier job later. And even an unneeded vanillager lynched off would cost us in terms of numbers, though I'm not arguing in favor of CBT right now... Losing numbers means that we're closer to defeat, unless the vanillager was actively harming the village. BG means Bodyguard = prevents mafia from killing his target.
Thank you about the BG btw.

Anyway, that definitely makes sense, but the discussion turned to "CBT IS SCUM!!" more than anything else right now. Whatever though, if cbt is lynched then I'm good.

Hiiii this is on my phone so probably won't be too big. I've been pretty busy of late as well.

If a lynch of theangryscientist [who I still consider to be the scummiest player in the game] doesn't happen (which it doesn't look like it wil at the moment) I guess I want to provide an opinion on cbterakkion and yoshinite;

Honestly I don't think cbterakkion is mafia. And I will say that this is just a gut read that I have, because nothing in his posting pattern really indicates that to me. When I read what he's saying I'm just thinking why would a mafia ever have that kind of tone and yeah. It's like "i'm not trying to hide anything but I really can't be bothered to post anything". Just what my gut says. Maybe if he posted more (idlers gonna idle....) it would change but this is what I'm feeling.

Yoshinite seems much more likely mafia to me. His reads did not do much analysis, and his flip on me seems to be convenient in regards to the disappearing bandwagon. One good point from that post was that he has quite an unorthodox read on cereza. Whilst I don't agree with the read he did put his vote on her which is town like behaviour (to put your vote where your mouth is). But outside of that then his votes outside of that have been bandwagony and his response to accusations is extremely dismissive. I would lynch him if it was between him and cbterakkion.

@eagle4; can you explain the if one is mafia the other is not a little bit? calling someone out for prodding people doesn't necessarily mean they aren't aligned together, but this is a beginner so maybe you're right. Hrmmmm

Something irks me about fire blast's last post (#196 i believe). I don't mind him calling what he thinks is a potential scumteam. But the way he goes about it is as if he is saying "oh maybe this could be mafia maybe not, but it's interesting, i'm not gonna vote either of them either, just see what others think and maybe I can get a lynch on one of them". Like sometimes it's cool to just say stuff you find interesting, but it really looks like his agenda is getting a mislynch and then being like "i didn't vote him afterwards". Actually he does this in #129 as well, and i find it odd he never voted me even though his post before [#102] that seemed to indicate he was quite suspicious of me although that more so aligns with his playstyle so less scummy than the other stuff I said above. But for the super cautious reads without voting that looks like he wants a mislynch; I guess you could say Fire Blast is like in my top three scumreads or something!

@Fire Blast; I hope I answered your question above when I talked about cbt. What do you actually think cbterakkion's alignment is?

@Lightwolf; would you be ok with a theangryscientist lynch? What do you think of aura guardian, woodchuck, eagle4, yoshinite and cbterakkion?

I would also express the sentiment that the day ending early is not optimum. Getting as many opinions, connections out there is crucial, especially d1 and d2. However I wanna point out that activity and cleanness are nowhere near as strongly correlated as people seem to say. Frequent posting does not necessarily make one town. Ideally that would be the case, but mafia players are smarter (or lazier) than that = S

So to sum;
~ Still lynching theangryscientist
~ Prefer yoshinite lunch over cbterakkion lunch
~ Fire Blast is pretty scummy!

Byea

Blackhawk11

one on one
I definitely don't have a problem lynching CBT (this is where my vote currently is anyway). I agree with Metal Sonic that we don't have too much to lose; I doubt he's a power role because if he was then he should be up here defending himself and getting the vote off of him. So that leaves vanillager and mafia, obviously lynching a vanillager isn't good but it isn't the worst, and I think we can chance it that he's mafia.
I'm certainly willing to change my vote however, because someone (can't remember who and not really gonna bother checking now) said that his teammates would have been bugging him trying to get him to defend himself. I am positive that would be the case, so I'm a little surprised that he hasn't posted too much and would be willing to take my vote off of him for that reason. yoshinite wouldn't be a terrible lynch, though he has been a bit more active as of late so I don't believe he'd be a good lynch at this stage either.

Celever has been asking a LOT of noob questions lately such as whether mafians know who each other are, what a BG stands for, etc. I actually find this suspicious. Going into my first mafia game, I had read most of the articles from the Smog multiple times, I'd followed along with a few other games, and I had done a bit of outside reading on mafiascum and such. It completely baffles me that someone would join a game of mafia and not know that the mafia team is aware of who each other are. (maybe in a 2v1 game that question would be valid, but here??). I see these questions as celever trying to amp up his "noob villager" M.O. and trying to make us think that he's village. Obviously, he could really just be a huge noob villager, but I'm not buying it as much any more.

Last thing: Cereza jumps out at me as not having posted in quite a while. Do you have any comments about recent events, especially the emergence of MS actually posting like someone above the age of 7, or the scumminess and possibly lynch of CBT? Or anything else that I didn't mention?

Celever

i am town
Celever has been asking a LOT of noob questions lately such as whether mafians know who each other are, what a BG stands for, etc. I actually find this suspicious. Going into my first mafia game, I had read most of the articles from the Smog multiple times, I'd followed along with a few other games, and I had done a bit of outside reading on mafiascum and such. It completely baffles me that someone would join a game of mafia and not know that the mafia team is aware of who each other are. (maybe in a 2v1 game that question would be valid, but here??). I see these questions as celever trying to amp up his "noob villager" M.O. and trying to make us think that he's village. Obviously, he could really just be a huge noob villager, but I'm not buying it as much any more.
To be honest this thread was the first thing of the mafia game I have ever seen. I just clicked the link in shinyskarm's sig and it went here, I skimmed the OP, it looked interesting so I signed up. I looked around Circus Maximus and couldn't find an answer to those questions, so I thought I may as well ask here and get an immediate response. I pretty much figured that mafia would know who each other are, that was just a confirmation. I assumed it would be a fairly easy game to pick up, given that I am generally good at sussing out clues from text and stuff like that. It's not like I dived head-first in noobishly either! However anyone that knows me knows I cannot lurk, and I have a pretty short attention span, only the top 10s in the smog really interest me, and even then the descriptions have to be nice and short for me!
That whole thing probably sounded incredibly noobish in itself, but then how is someone meant to say they are not nooby without sounding nooby?
I am pretty busy around smogon right now anyway, and it is a lot quicker to post the questions in this thread than PM them, but if I am apparently looking scummy by asking questions I'll just PM shinyskarm.

Vote Count 1.9 (aka the "Please show the princess your sword, Link!" vote count)

CB Terrakion (5): Aura Guardian, Celever, Eagle4, Yoshinite, Woodchuck, Blackhawk11, theangryscientist, Celever, Metal Sonic L-3
yoshinite (2): Woodchuck, CB Terrakion
Gronkasaurus Rex (1): CB Terrakion, Celever, yoshinite
theangryscientist (1): Gronkasaurus Rex
Cereza (1): yoshinite
Aura Guardian (0): Gronkasaurus Rex

Not voting: Cereza, Fire Blast, LightWolf, Metal Sonic, Obbmud99

Majority is 8 votes.

FoS count:

CB Terrakion (3): Celever, Yoshinite, LightWolf, Woodchuck, Aura Guardian
Yoshinite (3): theangryscientist, blackhawk11, Aura Guardian
theangryscientist (2): Obbmud99, LightWolf
Blackhawk11 (1): Eagle4, CB Terrakion
Metal Sonic (1): CB Terrakion
Gronkasaurus Rex (0): Aura Guardian
Celever (0):Aura Guardian
Fire Blast (0): Aura Guardian

Not under suspicion (6): Aura Guardian, Cereza, Eagle4, Lightwolf, Obbmud99, Woodchuck

Deadline is at 3:00 PM EST on May 17th (22 hours away).

Celever's FoS on CB Terrakion has been canceled because he's also voting for CB Terrakion.

Carry on.

Hi I had the 24-hour flu and feel like crap right now but you accidentally listed MS as voting for me and CBT. Will actually substantially post later.
I have discovered this issue. Metal Sonic never unvoted before changing, as a result I will invalidate the first vote.

On later days, I may decide to just not count the votes, but I understand that there are lots of new players in this game so I'll take it easy.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Sorry thatt I haven't been able to post lately; I had finals to take care of. But that's out of the way now so I'm going to read from where I left and then post my thoughts.

Ps: I'm quite tired right now so chances are my reads will be posted tomorrow.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For now I will reply to Gronk, since he asked me a question directly.

@Lightwolf; would you be ok with a theangryscientist lynch? What do you think of aura guardian, woodchuck, eagle4, yoshinite and cbterakkion?
Okay so firstly. I have stated that I did indeed find tas' posting during the big idling to be indeed suspicious, and it is the biggest blunder I have managed to find, not that it's exceptionally big, but it's a start. I'd certainly be fine with a tas lynch at the moment.

Now for the other question, while I plan to answer them, I think I want to ask back for now in this post. What I find peculiar here is, that the last time you asked me this question, you also asked my about yoshinite, and in the post I replied I have also posted my opinion on CBT. So I find it interesting that you'd ask me about those two, when there has been little that could have changed since my last post. This makes me feel like you may have made your post under a slight bit of pressure. While I would jump on mafia kind of pressure normally, I have to admit, it's exam time in plenty of countries right now, so that could be one reason. But I'm still interested how you could have missed that I kinda answered like half of your questions when I answered your last questions. So to get you to answer this, I shall FoS Gronk.

I do plan to post my opinions on AG, woodchuck and eagle later, but I'm in bit of a rush right now and just really wanted to say the above two things.

Hi lightwolf = )

I dunno what to say to that really, I mean I posted that from my phone at 5am. Normally, from my comp, I would check that kind of thing before I asked a question, but from my phone I don't, and I had forgotten that I had asked you about yoshinite so yeah. I thought also your read on cbt might have changed seeing him post a couple more times. The thinking behind the questions are that every player providing their standing (what they think someone's alignment is and why) on who is most likely going to be lynched is really key for when (if) they do flip, also it was 5am and I wanted your opinion on peoples.

Where have all the people gone?

weeeebyee

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fair enough, unFoS Gronk

For CBT, not much changed really, he does the same thing as before which I still interpret as I did before. But I'd like to hear some reasoning behind his latest post, which was really just FoSes without reasoning.

Figured I should mention, odds are I will not be here for deadline, sorry. However, the way things are going, I will not be needed for this particular deadline, so I will NOT cast my vote just in case something highly unexpected happens in the next three hours and you all suddenly want to switch to a different target.

Anyway, since I can and intend to be online at deadline,
un-FoS CBTerrakion
Lynch CBTerrakion

Won't do anything, though, but just 100% affirming (if I hadn't already) that I agree CBT is probably our best bet.

Vote Count 1.DEADLINE (aka the "TWILIGHT MONSTERS!!!!!" vote count)

CB Terrakion (6): Aura Guardian, Celever, Eagle4, Yoshinite, Woodchuck, Blackhawk11, theangryscientist, Celever, Metal Sonic, Aura Guardian Lynched with L-2
yoshinite (2): Woodchuck, CB Terrakion
Gronkasaurus Rex (1): CB Terrakion, Celever, yoshinite
theangryscientist (1): Gronkasaurus Rex
Cereza (1): yoshinite
Aura Guardian (0): Gronkasaurus Rex

Not voting: Cereza, Fire Blast, LightWolf, Metal Sonic, Obbmud99

You all gathered around CB Terrakion, who apparently wasn't feeling any pressure at all.

Until you tied a rope around his neck and kicked him off the balcony of the Goron Trading Post. As he kicked and struggled with the noose about his neck, a slip of paper dropped from his pocket. One of you picked it up and read it aloud:

Dear CB Terrakion,
you are Malo.

You are very mature for your age, a little too mature perhaps - 5-year-olds should be playing with other kids, not operating the biggest shop in Castle Town. Your business does net you some respect amongst the people of Hyrule, though - you are allowed a say in who will be lynched at the end of every day, which is no small accomplishment for a mere toddler.

You are a Vanilla Hylian. You have no night action.

You are allied with Hyrule. You win if Hyrule eliminates the Twilight Horde or if nothing can prevent the same.
"STOP!!! STOP!!!! HE'S ONE OF US!" one of you yelled, only to find that the child had already died.

The Light Spirits returned. "We could not keep the light on forever. You are in danger tonight. Guard yourselves wisely."

It is now Night One, meaning you are forbidden to post in the thread. All actions are valid, including kills. Deadline is at 3:15 PM EST on May 19th (48 hours away).

I have decided to add a 3 strike activity rule in light of some of today's inactivity. If you fail to post within a 24 hour time span during the Day, you will be privately prodded via PM. The next time, I will both PM you and make fun of you in the next vote count. The third time, you will be subbed out if I have a sub available.

After a good night's rest, you wake up to another beautiful day in Hyrule Town. The sun feels a little weaker than yesterday, though, and in the distance you can see some Twilight on the horizon. For now, you are still safe, though, except for the fact that the Twilight Horde is still among you.

As you wander around town, heading for the town town square, you see that one house has its front wall broken down, with piles of debris around it. How you did not hear the wall being broken down remains a question - is it the Twilight gaining influence?
Looking around the piles of rubble, you see a person laying face down. It appears as if this person has been trampled by bullbos. As you flip the body over, you see who it is: it is Woodchuck. In his hand, he clenches a note. You read out loud:

Dear Woodchuck,
you are the Postman.

Nobody knows how you do it. In nothing but your underwear, you traverse the fields of Hyrule, relentlessly tracking down anybody you have mail for, whether they are disguised as a wolf, located in the most remote corner of Hyrule, or hidden in the most dangerous cave imaginable. You take your job extremely seriously, and you can track down everyone under any circumstance.

Due to your expertise at stalking people, you are the [BLUE]Hyrule Tracker[/BLUE]. Every night, you may send a PM to the mods, titled “Night X - tracking <USER>”. Doing so will tell you who this person visited that night, regardless of their intentions.

You are allied with Hyrule. You win when Hyrule has eliminated the Twilight Horde or if nothing can prevent the same.
There is no time to mourn the poor postman, however: there are still three members of the horde among you. You head to the town square, dragging the postman along with you to show the rest. On the square are:

Living Players (12):
1. Aura Guardian
2. Blackhawk11
5. Cereza
6. celever
7. Eagle4
8. Fire Blast
9. Gronkasaurus Rex
10. LightWolf
11. Metal Sonic
12. Obbmud99
13. theangryscientist
15. Yoshinite

Dead players (4):
0. shinyskarmory - Role PM Template - Vanilla Town - Godkilled day 0 for posting his role PM
3. Box - Ooccoo - Vanilla Town - Godkilled day 1 for posting his role PM
4. CB Terrakion - Malo - Vanilla Town - Lynched day 1
14. Woodchuck - Postman - Town Tracker - Trampled by bullbos Night 1

It is now Day 2. You are now allowed to post.
The next deadline will be in 168 hours (26th of May, 2:00 PM GMT -5). The deadline may change depending on activity.

Not good. I'll edit in this post with how CBT and Woodchuck interacted with everybody here. Right now I want to know what Metal Sonic's night result was (providing that he does have a power role like he says he does).

Celever

i am town
What an evil pig...

What exactly did the town tracker do? Might help if he didn't die first night so we could see.

It is not good though, not good, we have lost a powerful guy already.

Yay everyone that tried to lynch me is dead! Wait fuck that makes me a target
;__;
Just posting to say inb4 Eagle4's post will be about me mostly.
Also Celever care to explain what you mean by "what an evil pig". Will post later reviewing who would want ol' Chuckle dead. (besides me)

Celever

i am town
Yay everyone that tried to lynch me is dead! Wait fuck that makes me a target
;__;
Just posting to say inb4 Eagle4's post will be about me mostly.
Also Celever care to explain what you mean by "what an evil pig". Will post later reviewing who would want ol' Chuckle dead. (besides me)
He was trampled by a bullbos, and a bullbos is pretty much a big evil pig. That was all!

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
celever was probably referring to the flavor of the update: a bulbos is one of the pigs ridden by the bulblin enemies in LoZ twilight princess

@celever: a tracker targets another user and, if that user has a night action, the tracker is informed who they used that action on, but doesn't get told what the action is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)