All Gens RoA Ladder Tournaments (On Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Old Gen Tournaments Calendar

Introduction

The first RoA Ladder Tournament (RoALT) was created in 2017, and is loosely based off the Official Ladder Tournament. Each week, players ladder in a unique old generation OU tier, starting from the first generation to the latest old generation. Placing 1st offers the most points, while 8th offers the least points (above 0). These points are used to determine qualification into a 16-man playoffs, played in a best-of-three-of-three wins (first-to-2-wins-squared) format. The playoffs matches feature at least 1 of each gen's OU tier if played out fully.

1st to 8th in each Ladder week earned you 2× base points for the Past Gen Championship 2018 circuits. These points were discontinued from 2019 onwards.

Winning one of these tournaments will allow you to display
or
in your signature, as well as entry into the RoA Forum Championship (
).
1st, 2nd and 3rd in a ladder at the end of the week allows you to display
or
respectively.

RoALT Schedule 2021 (Signups Open Date)

Cancelled this year: :houndoom: RoALT Week 1 [I, II, III, IV, V]
We will announce the signups for each tournament (and week) on this thread so hopefully you won't miss entering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RoALT IV Introduction

Welcome to RoA's fourth Ladder Tournament! This year's will be hosted by DYA and Waves and monitored by Golden009 and kjdaas! The SM OU ladder makes its debut! Ladder qualification is the same as previous years.

It will consist of 2 phases:
Ladder Qualification (7 weeks)
2. Playoffs (~4 weeks)

RoALT IV Playoffs

The format of each round of the playoffs will be a bo3o3 or more specifically 3 sets of FT2Ws sets. For each round in the playoffs phase, 3 OverUsed tiers will be chosen randomly to comprise the first first-to-2-wins-set (best of 3, excluding ties) that applies to every match, and another 3 OU tiers will be included in the second FT2W (~bo3) set. The last set consists of the remaining OU tier as well as one OU tier picked by each of the players (players are allowed to pick the same tier). The player who wins 2 out of the 3 FT2W (~bo3) sets will progress.

Rewards

Winners of the RoA Ladder Tournament Playoffs will earn the right to display
in their signatures.
They will also qualify for the
2020 RoA Forum Championship RoA Division.
Achieving 1st, 2nd and 3rd place on a week's ladder entitles one to display these respectively:

Furthermore, the winners of each week will qualify for their generational-corresponding
2020 RoA Forum Championship Division.

Deadlines

Week 1: 4th October 4pm Sunday EDT – 11th October 4pm Sunday EDT
Week 2: 11th October 4pm Sunday EDT – 18th October 4pm Sunday EDT
Week 3: 18th October 4pm Sunday EDT – 25th October 4pm Sunday EDT
Week 4: 25th October 4pm Sunday EDT – 1st November 4pm Sunday EST
Week 5: 1st November 4pm Sunday EDT – 8th November 4pm Sunday EST

Week 6: 8th November 4pm Sunday EDT – 15th November 4pm Sunday EST
Week 7: 15th November 4pm Sunday EDT – 22nd November 4pm Sunday EST

Last edited:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since I believe the RoA Ladder Tournament is fairly reliant on me, I will put this on hiatus. Unfortunately, there is too much for me to concentrate on for now. (would have started in October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)