All Gens RoA Olympics 3: Finals [14T/254P Won by USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Only Spain and USA East can win now.

USA East has 17 18 (+1, +1, +1) - 20 minimum and Spain has 16 18 (+1, +2) - 19 minimum.
USA East can get 17 18 (+2, +3, +1) - 23 maximum and Spain can get 18 (+2, +3) - 21 20 maximum.

Last edited:

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lost 1-2 against fatty
So, am I winning the final? LL has 2 wins, Fatty has 2, I've 3.
(LL 2-2
me 3-2
fatty 2-3)
I'm not going to allow battle wins within first-to-2 matches to determine the finals in the OP/spreadsheet. I can potentially give 2 wins to you, 1 win to LL and 0 wins to fatty though.

Right now, we are waiting for the last GSC OU match, which should be happening tomorrow I think.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think it’s really retarded to decide who gets first place based on individual series scores, it’s significantly better to restart the round robin than anything else for a slew of reasons that really shouldn’t need to be specified.

Last edited:

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
First of all, I want to give a big thanks to Lutra for hosting this tournament, I had a lot of fun overall, even though it’s not official, it’s one of my favourite team tours, just because of the diversity of tiers and how every mini tournament is individual, but still being a team tour. I don’t know how all the other teams have worked internally but, ours, has been a wonder to play with. Specially when some battles were as close as they were, (See G2 of SW – Byron per example in finals, when Byron was dodging Ice beams from Mewtwo), and some others were just straight out stolen from us, shoutouts to LA.

Now, with the individual shoutouts in no particular order overall:

ilesaural : My cocaptain alongside Ranshiin, even though there were any issue where you were actually needed, your help proving teams and test if someone asked always was appreciated. And like I told you when we first created the server and speak with you about this, I’m sorry you couldn’t make it to the lineup, since I also wanted you in, but 10 slots were only needed.

Ranshiin : The other cocaptain and my (ex)RBY buddy, still feel sad how they stole you again this year your RBY Ubers medal. And despite your amazing run in ORAS Ubers as well, it sucked how it ended sooner than expected. At least you brought some points to the team and helped. Apply the same I said to iles about the cocaptian part. Always a plesure to team with you <3

Eeveeto : Man, i really feel bad for you, I wanted you to get at least a gold medal, specially since you were the only who got one last year. But you brought an insane god teams(6-0’d tenta since turn 3?) as always and feel like people underestimate your experience. I hope you don’t hate me to make you play GSC Ubers, because no one actually likes that tier. Despite all, thanks for playing and see you next time!

SMB : I realized since day one, you could bring this gold medal to us, and you did. I can’t say how much I knew this would happen, you are probably one of the best DOU players right now and it was one of the best main tiers switchs ever done, thanks for the gold medal and accepting to play with us. See you next year?

Sceptross : Almost asked you day one when sign ups where up because I saw you wanting to join Spain, and man, I’m thankfull for that, first time being in a teamtour with you and it’s been a pleasure, I hope that your Spanish has improved with all these lines and made some new spanish friends along the way! Congratulations for the gold medal in RBY OU, well deserved bro.

Sinkyr : You suck, nah j/k, annoying as hell that you were eliminated by hax not by the outskil of other players, I was expecting you to do an awesome run, but at least, you were helpfull all the way through and helped specially Joya, which gave us some crucial wins. You know how much I love you as a friend and how much I appreciate you. Keep improving, specially on with that timer issue you always have rofl.

Sas0 : Ever since we have become friends, I saw your high level overall you were a 100% a player in this team, somehow you always to manage get those sicks wins, despite the circustamces(like having people at your place LOL) and you were one match away of getting 2 gold medals in two of your main tiers. So glad of your results, congratz and thanks !

SoulWind : What can I say about you? I wasn’t expect you joining this tour but man, I’m glad you did, I knew you were going to bring some big wins, your name isn’t well known for no reason, you helped a lot with the team and preparation and even gave some post-game analysis, just wished that we could have gotten 3 golds with you. Good luck in your next tournaments, it has been a plesure to actually meet you in a team for once and hope to be in the same team again eventually!

Rey Joya : You are still one of my top ORAS OU players, somehow you always manage to turn around some games that seem quite difficult to turn over and is cool to see you play. It’s a bit sad what happened this last week but I can’t blame you, it’s not your fault at all. And I’m sorry for making you play DPP OU, I know it isn’t in your main tiers, but it was to make it fair to all players (2 tiers for everyone but SMB – SW), I hope at least you enjoy it playing it and it would have been cool to see you in the finals too there but alas. Looking forward for the next tournament we play together.

TeZy : Probably one of my longest friends in PS!, love playing with you, I just wish you play a bit more in Smogon because you have a lot of potential, It has been a while since the last time we were in a team together(Early 2017?) and despite all of that, you still keep improving and knows more than people think you do. I knew you were going to be a bit skeptical to join this tournament in the beginning, but I knew I could trust in you and almost brought us a silver medal with some clean games. I enjoy being in call with you, just spectating games or playing just about anything. That fucking video you did, just way too much man, it is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a long time. Keep it up bro, wish I could see you soon in real life <3

To other people who have been cheering in up as behind the lines, thank you <3 Paraflinch Night Yagami

To the East team: Congratulations and It would have been cooler if we had more matchups between us or just a straight of draw and had to make somewhat of a tiebreaker. Hope to see you next year.

To LA team: This second place is mainly because of you guys ☹ I hate you all <3

If you don’t want to read all of this, at least see the video TeZy is going to post right about now.

Last edited:

TeZy

Ni sé no séééééé
I'm not that good at writing this kind of things, but wanted to shoutout everyone of my teammates, so, here I go:
Eeveeto : Not that of a talking person, but you always were in the most critical moments, you also brought us the shortest game of the tournament, with an outstanding 1'32'' of the mighty TentaGOD, really enjoyed the time you spent with us.
ilesaural : Best cheerleader cocapi ever; scout god and dru-team dealer, always giving us their teams and keeping the mood up with your speaks.
Ranshiin : What can I write about you, idk who brought us more ways of cursing our rivals; Sinkyr or you, but you being in every single game played and no matter what happened, you tried to curse every one of them with all your soul in it. I love you.
Rey Joya : I have been told that you were one of the most annoying players ever existed, but this was entirely not the case: your nevertilting behaviour showed me that those were all lies, you never gave up even with the odds were always against you, I hope you keep improving because with that kind of atitude you will go really far.
Sas0 : SaSOAT, I never thought you would play at 3 am for our sake, you didn't win ADV's gold, but you won my heart with those godlike plays, btw learn to play next time lol.
Sceptross : I coulnd't believe that you were going to play with us, thought Europe would get you, I'm really glad that you were with us, because this tournament wouldn't have been half fun without you, at the early stages you were always ensuring out mood, even threatened us with leaving the team if someone lost to drud, I'd really love to play again with you.
Sinkyr : Lord of threats, sending hitmans in order to end with their knees if they dared to ever get cocky, and creator of curses I thought wouldn't been gramatically possible, it's a shame the odds weren't with you, but you were always with us, and that's heartwarming.
SMB : aka GoldmyBae, aka SableyemyGold, you gave us the blessing of the most cancereous team ever created (love it btw) and won impossible matchups with pure skill, the best Doubles player ever existed, it surprised me that you singed up for this tournament, but the moment you joined I knew that we already had 3 points in our bags, hehe.
SoulWind : You always helped us with whatever we needed, and that was clearly a decisive factor in our wins, without you we wouldn't have been as prepared as we were, tbh I thought you would be more cold to us, but you are really nice, I enjoyed a lot being with you this tournament, humillao 2 veces x los shoutouts.
xJoelituh : You were the glue that united the team, clearly the best captain we needed, bla bla bla eres el puto amo y quién diga que no me va a comer los huevos por debajo del escroto.
Os amo a todos, sois los mejores, muchísimas gracias haber estado aquí conmigo, guardaré este torneo en lo más profundo de mi ser.
So, with that said, it's a shame that we ended in the second place, ggs to all our opponents and congrats to USA EAST for winning it!

I'd like to write that this RoAO was the best tournament I participated, and made this video of Spain's point of view, I hope you like it. (los insultos de ahí son todos tuyos SW n_n)

Lutra

I'm waiting for people to play / make contact in DPP OU before I make the final post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)