All Gens RoA Premier League: Finals [6T/60P Won by the Lucky Laprases]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

After weeks of extensive johning and going through the hardest coinflips 3 teams made it through the season to the finals. The following players will have a very hard task here - actually getting 2 battles done in reasonable time. Will it be possible? This is round robin.

The Lucky Laprases (5) vs. The Blazing Infernapes (2)

RBY
Bomber92 vs. Isa
marcoasd vs. magic9mushroom
GSC
Conflict vs. Bekins
Hill vs. Agammemnon
ADV
Cowboy Dan vs. SoulWind
pokebasket vs. Dekzeh
DPP
PDC vs. Vinc2612
Honor vs. Reymedy
BW
reiku vs. Steve Angello
Toxzn vs. Lyconik

The Blazing Infernapes (3) vs. The Coinflipper Corsolas (4)

RBY
magic9mushroom vs. Mizuhime
Isa vs. Piexplode
GSC
Bekins vs. xtra$hine
Dekzeh vs. Lavos Spawn
ADV
SoulWind vs. BKC
Hot N Cold vs. Nails
DPP
Vinc2612 vs. Jirachee
Reymedy vs. tml
BW
Steve Angello vs. dadoux
Leftiez vs. FLCL

The Unpredictable Umbreons (2) vs. The Lucky Laprases (4)

RBY
Mizuhime vs. Bomber92
Piexplode vs. marcoasd
GSC
xtra$hine vs. Conflict
Lavos Spawn vs. Hill
ADV
BKC vs. Cowboy Dan
Nails vs. pokebasket
DPP
Jirachee vs. PDC
tml vs. Honor
BW
dadoux vs. reiku
FLCL vs. Toxzn

Since this is the finals there will be no deadline, but if i see that matches aren't at least scheduled within a week i will force subs. We all enjoy watching a couple of battles, so it would be nice if you could post the times you schedule in here and announce the battles in the #ruinsofalph channel on IRC. In case of a tie between two teams there will be a Bo5 tiebreaker series of one match from every gen respectively. When this happens the managers can pick their battlers for the tiebreaker.

Good luck to all participants!

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
lol literally my 2 opps are on right now, we all see eachother often, it should be easy to get them done (but harder to win them ;) )
marcoasd's response to the news is to post me a youtube video about a 2 captains communicating about a boat sinking that has literally no relevance to anything as far as I can make out. ;-; lol

lol literally my 2 opps are on right now, we all see eachother often, it should be easy to get them done (but harder to win them ;) )
marcoasd's response to the news is to post me a youtube video about a 2 captains communicating about a boat sinking that has literally no relevance to anything as far as I can make out. ;-; lol
Relevance is the quote "I will cause you a boatload of troubles"= le faccio passare l'ANIMADEIGUAI, loool!

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not happy. I sent a single lineup before Week 5 had finished, and I wasn't told beforehand about there being two different matchups this week.

I'm not happy. I sent a single lineup before Week 5 had finished, and I wasn't told beforehand about there being two different matchups this week.
I asked Bedschibaer and I was allowed to change my matchup vs Umbreons, so I'm assuming you can as well.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You sent me your lineup before you even knew who you were playing for the finals

Lavos

Banned deucer.
yes obviously this would have been better if my teammates had actually played their matches, blah blah round robin is utilitarian we get it

contacted my opponents, hoping for some clean games

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I was just upset because I thought Infernapes were getting an unfair advantage with them having a different lineup against Umbreons. It's a comfort for me knowing that I did everything I could to win this - by playing the switch the spots game, which is about taking into account the risks if there's a different in skill levels and predicting the other manager's choices. But of course, managers don't have perfect knowledge of the matchups between players, skill level differences etc, so some of the choices may as well be superstitious.

I will accept no changes to Laprases' lineup versus Umbreons. It seems acceptable and I'm not going to pretend I can do a great play with switching the spots, taking into account Infernapes' attempts to increase their lead over Umbreons (e.g. betting on their great player to win against the one on the other team). I will trust in the players I selected... to do the best they feel they are able to do.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I've got faith in all my players. The plays we make will be as elegant as Shakespeares and a hell of a lot less boring than Arthur Miller's <.< #Umbreons

Lost to marcoasd, GG and sorry team.

Side note: For a spectator to use the match chat to converse with one of the players in a language the other doesn't understand is pretty fucking rude. If you're going to speak in a language I don't understand, PM them; don't rub my face in it.

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Lost to marcoasd, GG and sorry team.

Side note: For a spectator to use the match chat to converse with one of the players in a language the other doesn't understand is pretty fucking rude. If you're going to speak in a language I don't understand, PM them; don't rub my face in it.
So I'm not the only RBY player who doesn't understand italian?!

So I'm not the only RBY player who doesn't understand italian?!
Indeed not.

And I mean I've got nothing against people speaking other languages in this community. But using a language only two of three people in a conversation understand, when there's a common tongue available, verges on ostracism.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
If you play against marco more u seem to just become used to it ;-; I agree with what you're saying, I think I've just grown used to that peculiarity.

Lutra

I don't think that language issue is that bad because it isn't like sound that's very hard to avoid, arouses you and inevitable makes you exhausted and angry. There's an ignore spectators feature on PO if you habit of reading too much of the chat.

I think people who learn english as a native language should appreciate how it's used as a lingua franca, and imagine if another language was the standard for the biggest competitive pokemon communities. I find it frustrating enough when someone talks to me in spanish or portuguese on PO and I have to use google translate, and sometimes it's hard to understand because of the grammar. I also don't know with 100% what I'm saying back is correct. And you know what it's like listening to italians try to talk english when they don't know it well enough, it's not easy on the ears, even when reading it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)