Multi-gen RoA Room Championship: April 2020 Playoffs [8P Won by BKC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
⏮ March 2020 | April 2020

Spreadsheet | Art by Blazenix

As Lutra has just told you in this post we're looking forward to see the top 8 fight for the final victory!

The winner of each of these seasonal playoffs can display a green mini-trophy
and qualifies for the year-end RoA Forums Championship

Quarterfinals

[2] BKC (3-0) toytean [12]
[6] kaori (0-W) El químico del pueblucho [7]
[4] SOMALIA (3-1) London13 [11]
[5] Alpha Male Psyduck (W2-1) tratchy [8]

Semifinals

[2] BKC (3-0) El químico del pueblucho [7]
[4] SOMALIA (3-2) Alpha Male Psyduck [5]

Finals

[2] BKC (W-0) SOMALIA [4]

Format

Single Elimination: play a first-to-3 wins (best of 5 wins) match in all gen OU tiers (RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU, ORAS OU, SM OU) with the higher seed picking 1st, 3rd and 5th unique tiers, and the lower seed picking 2nd and 4th unique tiers.

Regarding Deadlines

Deadlines won't be very strict and extensions will be given if both players are actually showing attempts to schedule and get the games done. Contacting immediately is recommended though. Playing matches from later rounds is welcomed.

Regarding Ties

In case both last pokemon are knocked out in one turn, the game will be counted as a tie in RBY, GSC, ADV and DPP and has to be replayed (players can opt to use different teams). If that happens in BW, ORAS, or SM, the winner will be determined by whatever pokemon showdown says ('Player X won the battle!'). We are following how double knockouts are handled on cartridge games.

Regarding Replays

Replays of all battles from every round are required to be uploaded. The links must be provided in a reply to this thread by the winner of each match.​

Last edited:

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for appearing publicly silent during this tour so far so I'll now give a few updates. Firstly, Kaori wasn't subbed out as I deemed it a bit late for sub but in hindsight I should have subbed out as it was the first round. Second, AMP vs tratchy was originally won by tratchy but had to be rescheduled because of missing replays. However, tratchy has not responded to any rescheduling and from searching up replays I find a score of 2-1 to AMP and as such AMP will be given the win.

Semifinals
SOMALIA vs Alpha Male Psyduck

Last edited:

Arai

aka the situation
RoA Room April 2020 Champion: BKC

Congratulations!
The RoA Room champion earns the right to display
or
in their signature and is entered into the RoA Hall of Fame.

Example: [URL='http://www.smogon.com/tiers/oldgen/hof#Room_Champs'][IMG]https://www.smogon.com/tiers/oldgen/roam_trophy.png[/IMG]RoA Room March 2020 Champion[/URL]

RoA Room March 2020 Champion

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)