Multi-gen RoA Room Championship: August 2018 Playoffs [8P Won by SamuelBest]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptross

The words were voted out by a landslide
is a Community Contributor
⏮ June 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 ⏭

Spreadsheet

As sceptross has just told you in this post we're looking forward to see the top 8 fight for the final victory!

The winner of each of these seasonal playoffs can display a green mini-trophy
and qualifies for the year-end RoA Forum Championship

Quarterfinals

[1] SamuelBestt 3 - 0 Rageeeee [8]
[4] CzarPokemon 3 - 2 Alpha Male Psyduck [5]
[2] Robert 1 - 3 The Quasar [7]
[3] Alfredo_Rivero 1 - 3 Mindnight [6]

Semifinals

[1] SamuelBestt 3 - 2 CzarPokemon [4]
[7] The Quasar 0 - 3 Mindnight [6]

Finals

[1] SamuelBestt 3 - 2 Mindnight [6]

Format

Single Elimination: play a first-to-3 wins (best of 5 wins) match in all gen OU tiers (RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU, ORAS OU) with the higher seed picking 1st, 3rd and 5th unique tiers, and the lower seed picking 2nd and 4th unique tiers.

Regarding Deadlines

The deadline for the first round is September 6th, 13th for the semi-finals and September 20th for the finals. I won't be very strict and am willing to give extensions if both players are actually showing attempts to schedule and to get the games done but you should not wait until the last day before starting to schedule. Playing rounds ahead is highly encouraged.

Regarding Ties

In case both last pokemon are knocked out in one turn, the game will be counted as a tie in RBY, GSC, ADV and DPP and has to be replayed (players can opt to use different teams). If that happens in BW or ORAS, the winner will be determined by whatever pokemon showdown says ('Player X won the battle!'). We are following how double knockouts are handled on cartridge games.

Make sure you contact your opponent or post in this thread until August 30th that I know that you are interested in playing. I'll start subbing out by that date if I see no interest from players in playing. Please tell me as soon as possible in case you are not interested in playing.

Good luck everyone!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Czar and I are tied 2-2. I won RBY and GSC and he won ADV and DPP. We were going to play the tiebreaker but Czar went offline.
Yup we just need to play our last match :)

Haven't been able to catch you today or yesterday. Hope all is well and that we can connect and play our last match! I also realized that I don't have ya on discord so we gotta fix that bro.

Can't wait!!

AMP and I just played our last match. Gen 5 and I got a little lucky.

I won 3-2.

Looking forward to my next match and thank you all for having me! I really love ROA and all the new friends I have made :)

Been waiting for SamuelBestt because we were supposed to schedule our playtime today (as discussed yesterday). Still waiting on him, but just wanted everyone to know that I was doing my due diligence.

Anyways I'm sure we will be able to schedule a time soon I just wanted to document the few hours that I've been online.

Thanks again for the awesome tournament!

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RoA Room August 2018 Champion: SamuelBestt

Congratulations!
The RoA Room champion earns the right to display
or
in their signature and is entered into the RoA Hall of Fame.

Example: [URL='http://www.smogon.com/tiers/oldgen/hof#Room_Champs'][IMG]https://www.smogon.com/tiers/oldgen/roam_trophy.png[/IMG]RoA Room August 2018 Champion[/URL]

RoA Room August 2018 Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)