Multi-gen RoA Room Championship: September 2019 Playoffs [8P Won by BKC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
⏮ July 2019 | August 2019 | September 2019

Spreadsheet

As outlined in FriendOfMrGolem120 's post here: to participate in these playoffs, the following players qualified:
The winner of each of these seasonal playoffs can display a green mini-trophy
and qualifies for the year-end RoA Forums Championship

September Top 16:

1. Ranshiin (EL RANXO)
2. ChlorineDrinker1 (banned user)
3. Earthworm (the pirate99)
4. Revulsion
5. Faded
6. DnB (OnlyRandomStuff)
7. Eeveeto (EeveetoTheN00b)
8. BKC (joan wicke)
9. Chincel (TVsIan SoyBoy)
10. Kaisser (TheKaisser)
11. SpunkJockey (RustySheriffBadge)
12. THUNDER CEBRA (latinstar)
13. Bughouse
14. Neblina
15. tinyglasses
16. El químico del pueblucho (Damm u captcha)

Of these 16, the following users responded that they would like to participate in the tour:
Ranshiin
Earthworm
Revulsion
Faded
DnB
BKC
SpunkJockey
Neblina

These 8 will be used as the base seeding. If you qualified and are tagged earlier but did not start, you may sign up as a sub but you must sign up in this thread. Any subs used will directly sub in for the player that needs to be subbed out and brackets will not be re-seeded.

Quarterfinals

[1] Ranshiin (0-3) Neblina [14]
[5] Faded (0-3) DnB [6]
[3] Earthworm (3-0) SpunkJockey [11]
[4] Revulsion (0-3) BKC [8]

Semifinals

[14] Neblina (2-3) DnB [6]
[3] Earthworm (2-3) BKC [8]

Finals

[6] DnB (0-3) BKC [8]

Format

Single Elimination: play a first-to-3 wins (best of 5 wins) match in all gen OU tiers (RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU, ORAS OU) with the higher seed picking 1st, 3rd and 5th unique tiers, and the lower seed picking 2nd and 4th unique tiers.

Regarding Deadlines

Deadlines will be reasonable and extensions will be given if both players are actually showing attempts to schedule and get the games done. Contacting immediately is recommended though. Playing matches from later rounds is welcomed. Try to get each match done within a week. I'll check back in 3 days to see how contacting is going and make subs if I think it will help in getting the game done. Proactively reach out to the host if a scheduling issue arises.

Regarding Ties

In case both last pokemon are knocked out in one turn, the game will be counted as a tie in RBY, GSC, ADV and DPP and has to be replayed (players can opt to use different teams). If that happens in BW or ORAS, the winner will be determined by whatever pokemon showdown says ('Player X won the battle!'). We are following how double knockouts are handled on cartridge games.

If there are any questions, leave me a PM/VM, discord message (Andy Snype #9304) or reach out to me on PS (Andrew).

Round 1 Deadline: October 1st 8:00 PM EDT (GMT -4:00).

Only people that placed in top 16 may sign up to be a sub. If you're interested in substituting and are eligible, reply to this thread indicating so.

Last edited:

RSB

Dreaming of a shore bordering another world
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Shocking upset as rands player loses 0-3 to somebody who actually knows what they are doing!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Hold tight for round 2 guys I screwed the order up in the brackets for the sheet. Round 1 pairings are fine. I screwed up the order to put the seeds in the sheet. Sorry about that, I'll address and verify when I'm home from work.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Forum bracket fixed and reflected! Sorry about that. I'd made the OP first and then filled out the sheet. To fix any inconsistency, I'd copypasted what was in the sheet that I'd missed this morning before leaving for work. There was an error in the order I put the matchups in vs what the sheet needed that I'd missed that affected how the semis brackets would be determined. Sorry for any inconvenience and confusion this caused!

To reiterate, all the round 1 matches were fine, this is just to fix what the matchup pairings for semis would be. Thank you Lutra for fixing the sheet for me while I was at work! The brackets as they are in the OP and the sheet match and are accurate.

Tagging all players so future matches are clear: Earthworm BKC Neblina Faded DnB Earthworm, BKC you may play each other in advance if you wish. I'm aware that Faded and DnB are going to play on Sunday anyway so your opponent won't be known for a little while yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)