Gen 5 RoA Spotlight Tournament: BW Doubles OU [Won by Crunchman]

velvet how are round 3 pairings up with an extension? This is Swiss, so matchups will depend on the results of the previous round.
It’s from the previous round (extension) I put their record on as a tie (can edit it anytime once their games are done) but I took it off just so it doesn’t bring any confusion here for you. Just wanted to inform the two of their extension + deadline.

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
It’s from the previous round (extension) I put their record on as a tie (can edit it anytime once their games are done) but I took it off just so it doesn’t bring any confusion here for you. Just wanted to inform the two of their extension + deadline.
But won't that affect pairings for this round? Like for example, I'm 1-1 and should be fighting against opponents also with a 1-1 record (though of course a few downpaired matches can happen just based on the amount of players available). Excepting the unfinished match from last round, these are the player records after round 2 as far as I can tell:

2-0: Crunchman, toytean, Candy Corn, Tenzai, JRL
1-1: DaWoblefet, GasaiYunoSan, Yourwelcomethanku, SingleThunder, txitxas, Actuarily, ViZar, queso
0-2: Jomatoes, Moretto, Phantonium, Sky of Doom

Sunrose and smudgerox both have 1-0 records here, so necessarily one must advance to 2-0 and one must advance to 1-1. But then we have an even number of players with 2-0 records, so no downpairs should be possible; only 2-0s should fight 2-0s. Yet Crunchman is downpaired with me, which is unfair to his resistance later in the tournament because I have a worse record.

You can't just temporarily set it as a tie and move on to the next round; in Swiss, you have to assign a win/loss to every player before you proceed to the next round. These round three pairings can't be right.

But won't that affect pairings for this round? Like for example, I'm 1-1 and should be fighting against opponents also with a 1-1 record (though of course a few downpaired matches can happen just based on the amount of players available). Excepting the unfinished match from last round, these are the player records after round 2 as far as I can tell:

2-0: Crunchman, toytean, Candy Corn, Tenzai, JRL
1-1: DaWoblefet, GasaiYunoSan, Yourwelcomethanku, SingleThunder, txitxas, Actuarily, ViZar, queso
0-2: Jomatoes, Moretto, Phantonium, Sky of Doom

Sunrose and smudgerox both have 1-0 records here, so necessarily one must advance to 2-0 and one must advance to 1-1. But then we have an even number of players with 2-0 records, so no downpairs should be possible; only 2-0s should fight 2-0s. Yet Crunchman is downpaired with me, which is unfair to his resistance later in the tournament because I have a worse record.

You can't just temporarily set it as a tie and move on to the next round; in Swiss, you have to assign a win/loss to every player before you proceed to the next round. These round three pairings can't be right.
i double checked everything and i had accidentally placed the win for yourwelcome in challonge bracket instead of crunch for r2 so that sorta mixed things up for this round. I also fixed your issue with the tie and made it so one is 2-0 but will change that if the one who is 1-1 won. Hopefully this fixes stuff. These are a more fixed pairing so re-check it again y’all.

Last edited:
Activity Calls:

DaWoblefet vs GasaiYunoSan - wob scheduled twice with gasai but gasai failed to show up both times, giving it to wob.
smudgerox vs toytean - smud gave more effort in scheduling as toy wasnt specific on what time to play and didnt reply back to smuds comment on a scheduled time.

Screenshot (179).png

r4 soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)