Gen 2 RoA Spotlight Tournament: GSC NC2000 + Crystal Moves [Won by Siatam]

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
:gs/snorlax: RoA Spotlight Tournament: GSC Nintendo Cup 2000 + Crystal Moves :gs/cloyster:

This month's RoA Spotlight staff pick is GSC NC2000 + Crystal Moves and to encourage participation, the RoA Staff has decided to host a Swiss tournament alongside the monthly ladder.

Important information and rules:

- Matches will be best-of-three against each opponent in the [Gen 2] NC2000 + Crystal Moves format (defined as the first player to win two games, i.e. ties are not counted).
- All players will play at least four matches, even if they lose.
- Replays of all tournament games must be posted.
- If there are players tied for first after four matches, we will proceed to a playoffs elimination round.
- Each round will last at most one week.
- NC2000 + Crystal Moves resources can be found here and here (Poké Cup is the same tier, just has a different name)

Post "in" to participate and feel free to ask me any questions regarding this. Signups will be open until October 10th at 11:59 PM (GMT -4)

Last edited:
If needed I will signup. This tournament should probably be advertised more since I have only found out about this by chance because The pirate mentioned it on discord in a conversation.

Sificon It's important for a tournament format that doesn't respect Smogon's traditional rules that the rules are posted here so you can save yourself from future headaches, instead of just linking them to the resources.

Edit: sorry but for work it turns out I just won't be able to commit to this so since the number of players are even, I am sitting this out but I will be happy to watch this game.

Last edited:
Round 1:

zalarye vs. Sky of Doom
Earthworm vs. Siatam
Beelzemon 2003 vs. Prof_J
tomika66 vs. Kyeol
EarthTraveler413 vs. Porydonk
spacing out vs. giove97
DragonWhale vs. Monsareeasy
Mr.Bossaru vs. taco2000

The deadline to get these matches done is Sunday, October 17th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.
Replays are MANDATORY. Post 'in as sub' if you would like to participate as a sub.
Hello Sificon,

Thank you for organizing this tour.
I'm a beginner here.
I have two questions.

1. When we finish games, where should we post it? This page?

2. What does 'in as sub' mean?

taco2000

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello Sificon,

Thank you for organizing this tour.
I'm a beginner here.
I have two questions.

1. When we finish games, where should we post it? This page?

2. What does 'in as sub' mean?

taco2000
Hi hi

1. Yeah, just post it here that you won and don't forget to also post the replays!

2. Incase people missed the Sign-ups for the tour and still wanna join, they can join as "Substitutes" and I'll put them in if 2 players sign up as subs and thus create a new pairing. This is only an option until Thursday or Friday of round 1.

I'm glad to see new players here and I hope you'll have fun playing the tour! Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Hi hi

1. Yeah, just post it here that you won and don't forget to also post the replays!

2. Incase people missed the Sign-ups for the tour and still wanna join, they can join as "Substitutes" and I'll put them in if 2 players sign up as subs and thus create a new pairing. This is only an option until Thursday or Friday of round 1.

I'm glad to see new players here and I hope you'll have fun playing the tour! Let me know if you have any more questions :)
Thanks for your reply!
I'll enjoy the tour!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)