Gen 2 RoA Spotlight Tournament: GSC NC2000 + Crystal Moves [Won by Siatam]

Siatam

is a Tutoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
RoA Leader
Won vs Kyeol, ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2nintendocup2000-1449868481-2xf178bwfzkr86edrx0m44vtj632eshpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2nintendocup2000-1449872464-1crjfh27x8vrnof7qpn270udpax1ynopw

Thank you Sificon for hosting, as well as Shellnuts , Beelzemon2003 , and the Japanese community for creating the resources for this format. This tier is very enjoyable and easy to pick up while still requiring skill and nuance to play. Nintendo Cup is a difficult tier to master and I certainly has some lucky breaks, any one of my opponents could have won this tour.

Hopefully this format can become a staple on Smogon and PS!, the tier is well developed but always has room for innovation and allows for diverse team choices not often seen in GSC OU. Nintendo Cup also has a large following overseas following and regular tour and ladder support would be great to expand Smogon's userbase.

Nintendo Cup for GSCPL? :blobthinking:

Last edited:
Hopefully this format can become a staple on Smogon and PS!
There should be a permanent ladder of Nintendo Cup 2000 + Crystal Moves. It would be a justified decision because the format is the equivalent of Gen 2 OU in Japan and because it also has a big playerbase in Showdown.

By the way, congratulations to Siatam for becoming the champion! Also congrats to my chum Kyeol for his second place, yay!

@Sificon According to the table above, the results of the tournament are the following:

Champion: Siatam

Runner-ups: Kyeol, Monsareeasy, Porydonk, Prof_J

Sixth Place: Beelzemon 2003, DragonWhale, EarthTraveler413, Earthworm, Tomika66, Zalarye

Twelfth Place: Giove97, Sky of Doom, Spacing out, Taco2000

Sixteenth Place: Mr.Bossaru

Congratulations to Siatam for winning the tournament! Also congratulations to Kyeol, Monsareeasy, Porydonk and Prof_J for their second place, yay!

I should have written a post earlier, but because of my thesis writing I write it now. First of all, this tournament has been pleasant memoryies especially to me. It is because 1.there is no such a coummunity in Korea like Smogon, so I have never experienced this scale of tournament. Also, 2. I have had a lot of battles with many other people. I have been very lucky so that I could play on the final, but the final match has been a little futile, which I feel sorry about it.

Thank you Sificon and Beelzemon2003 for hosting and managing. Also, Thank you Earthworm for giving me helpful advices. Zalarye helped me with a lot of matches so that I could play on the final. Thx everyone.

Let there be happiness-.

First of all, thank you for hosting and participating this tournament.
I was so busy with my work (and tasks in the Japanese community), so I couldn't get involved at all, but I enjoyed watching the results.
NC2000 has a deep history and unique attractiveness (especially level allocation and 6-> 3 choicing).
I'm glad that this format has been played in international community and has been held the tournament.

It's late, but I issued usage stats using the following page.
I'm glad if you can use it as a reference.
http://replaystats-eo.herokuapp.com/
Please note that these data are stats after the 6 -> 3 choice.
Also, it doesn't include stats for levels.

In NC2000, the stats before the 6 -> 3 choice and the stats about the level are also important, so I'll issue additional stats later.
It takes a little time to write a program and calculate for stats. Please wait a little bit.

Last edited:
In NC2000, the stats before the 6 -> 3 choice and the stats about the level are also important, so I'll issue additional stats later.
Meiling had already written this stats. Also, kindly, she wrote it in Japanese.
With permission from her, I post this.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xjAodlszox-NWuzDsIFHeSDk7Ua9UtoTEKCRXqEGQ0/edit#gid=0

Also, this image is translated it into English by me.
新しいビットマップ イメージ.jpg

----

This time Meiling wrote it, but I'll continue to write a program that calculates such stats.
This is because I want to repeat it every time the NC2000 tournament is held.

This time Meiling wrote it, but I'll continue to write a program that calculates such stats.
This is because I want to repeat it every time the NC2000 tournament is held.
I wrote a program to aggregate usage stats for before the 6-> 3 choices, so I publish it.
https://image01.seesaawiki.jp/p/d/pbs-thread/tw9dulDcwS.zip

It can be used for replays with Team Preview, not specific generation or specific format.
(But lazy, this program doesn't work online. It can run on a PC with Windows OS.)
Also, since it's not aggregated for each level band (L50-52, L53-55), it may feel inconvenient depending on the application.

The aggregated results are as follows.
In the program I wrote, it can't get the winning percentage each species.
Even with existing tools, we are able to get a winning percentage with after the 6-> 3 choices, so I thought that was enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)