Gen 1 RoA Spotlight Tournament: Nintendo Cup '97 [Won by Toxin Boost]

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rb/jynx: RoA Spotlight Tournament: Nintendo Cup '97 :rb/articuno:

This month's RoA spotlight pick is Nintendo Cup '97 and to encourage participation, the RoA Staff has decided to host a Swiss tournament alongside the monthly ladder.

Important rules and information:
- Matches will be best-of-three in the Nintendo Cup '97 format (defined as the first player to win two games, i.e. ties are not counted).
- Players may switch teams in between games.
- Replays of all tournament games must be posted.
- All players will play in at least four rounds, even if they lose.
- If there are players tied for first after four matches, we will proceed to a playoffs elimination round.
- Here are the resources for the format!
- Each round will last at most one week.

Post "in" to sign up and let me know if you have any questions. Signups will close on Sunday, September 11th, at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

Last edited:
Opening Post​
Hi Lumii!

Can you confirm whether we are required to use the same team for the entire Bo3 or whether we can switch teams between games.

I ask because Smogon RBY tournaments usually allow switching teams between games, but when Nintendo Cup 1997 was played (and is played today in Japan), they do not switch teams. I imagine this relates to the difficulty of having good Pokemon available on actual hardware.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lumii!

Can you confirm whether we are required to use the same team for the entire Bo3 or whether we can switch teams between games.

I ask because Smogon RBY tournaments usually allow switching teams between games, but when Nintendo Cup 1997 was played (and is played today in Japan), they do not switch teams. I imagine this relates to the difficulty of having good Pokemon available on actual hardware.

Thanks in advance!
Hi there! So I just confirmed with others, but you are not required to use the same team for all three games. I will be updating the OP shortly to clarify this! I hope this answers the question!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)