Multi-gen RoA Standard Tournament II: Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Quarterfinals | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction
The Ruins of Alph Standard Tournament (RoAST) is an annual tournament open to all players that seeks to find the best player in all old generation OverUsed tiers. Winners will earn the right to display the RoAST mini-trophy
in their signatures.
Once again, the tiers will be Gen 1-6 OU. All players that signup will be entered into two single elimination brackets, each consisting of 3 unique tiers, with each bracket complementing the other for each round. Every round, a unique combination of tiers (not previously featuring in any bracket) will be randomly determined for both brackets. Players must play and win in 2 tiers (best of 3 wins) against their opponent to move onto the next round, a loss resulting in elimination from the relevant bracket.

Example Scenario:

Bracket 1 is generations 1,3,5 and Bracket 2 is generations 2,4,6 for round 1. Bracket 1 is 1,2,6 for round 2.
If a player wins in bracket 1 but loses in bracket 2 for round 1, they will restricted to playing their opponent in generations 1,2,6 for round 2. If they win for round 2, they may have to then play generations 4,5,6 in round 3.

If one player is the only player left in both brackets, they win the tournament, otherwise winners of both brackets battle each other once in all tiers (don't repeat in the case of a tie). If the match ends 3-3, players take it in turns, starting with the winner of the last battle to strike out tiers. Once 3 tiers have been removed, the tiers remaining will be the ones played in a first-to-2 wins tie-break set (tiers repeated in case of a tie).

Consistency across every generation will probably be the key to victory in this tournament.

Bracket 1 (GSC OU / ADV OU / ORAS OU) - 3/4

Pohjis (0-2) pasy_g
dcae (1-2) Gilbert arenas
Excal (1-2) Amphareixon
SOMALIA (0-W) Pkel SweeTforU

Bracket 2 (RBY OU / DPP OU/ BW OU) - 4/4

SaDiSTiCNarwhal (1-2) BKC
pasy_g (1-2) Gilbert arenas
The Quasar (0-2) dom
eden's embrace (2-0) BlueIvy

You must report the record and tiers you won when you post win!

PM me on discord if you have any questions. Good luck everyone!

Extension deadline is 11:59 PM GMT +0, 15th September

ROUND DEADLINE: 11:59 PM EST 18th September

Last edited by a moderator:

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Predictions:
Pohjis vs pasy_g- Pohjis is great in almost all tiers and I am willing to bet he will also win this series over pasy_g, a formidable opponent.

~~dcae vs Gilbert arenas~~ over

Excal vs Amphareixon- idk you two.

SOMALIA vs Pkel SweeTforU- Somalia will win this since he is great at mons in general and a god at old gens. Easy win imo. I also dont know Pkel.

SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs BKC- BKC will win since he is the GOAT.

pasy_g vs Gilbert arenas- From what I have seen from and heard about pasy_g, he is great at mons and will win this in my eyes.

The Quasar vs dom- If I was bias here, I would pick The Quasar but, I honestly think this will be a close one. I see dom taking BW and I see The Quasar taking DPP but RBY is up for grabs.

( Sas0 vs eden's embrace) vs BlueIvy- I see eden's embrace winning this from experience and because he has a badge.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since all but 1 series have been completed by the end of this week, I will post Semifinals in sometime. Congrats to the guys who have made this so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)