All Gens RoAPL 3: Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Banner by TrainerSplash | Auction assisted by OrdA | Official RoAPL Discord Server | Spreadsheet

Manager Signups | Player Signups | Talk | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

I will be hosting RoAPL 3 between April and June. This year will add 2 managers and 2 additional ORAS OU slots, for a total of 8 teams of 12 tier slots each (2x Gens 1-6 OU). The signups will be scheduled to last 1 week until the auction takes places. Soon after, teams will battle each other for 7 weeks, before semi-finals and finals conclude the tournament.

If you want to be a manager and are not yet in the Forum Conversation for setting up RoAPL 3, please sign up here.

Example signup:

Bio: I won RoAPL as a manager. I've shown I can do it. I also won a 64-man RBY tournament, and went 10-6 in SPL over 2 seasons.
Commitment: I will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send my team lineups in time.​

Last edited:
Temporary signup, I'm gonna check if I can make time for this. Was very fun last two times.

Bio: I've been manager in the two RoAPL before, and reached finals in both. Although I will admit I got a little bit inactive near the end of RoAPL 2.
Commitment: See above.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Bio: Made the finals of POCL 2016 as a manager. I know the Smogon and off-site old gens communities like the back of my hand and have knowledge of all the tiers so I can help my players build and test. Playing wise I have participated in WCOP 2015 and 2016 and SPL 8 as well as the Smogon Superstars tournament, not to mention the countless tours offsite.
Commitment: I will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send my team lineups in time.

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've decided along with input from the already 5 managers: Foggi, Finchinator, Mr.378, p2, Typhlito; Genesis7, KratosMana, Triangles will be the final 3 managers.

I'm picking people that are likely to be active but Tomahawk can be a sub in case someone drops out. I also picked people we knew had the necessary old gen experience and are not at risk of being banned.

Last edited:

Lutra

Re-opening this because Mr.378 can't do it now. Just need to select one person to replace him.

Bio: Been around a while and have some decent experience with past gens. Played in some big tournaments such as SPL & WCOP etc. and have some managing experience from POCL (if that counts). Also think I've hosted a tournament on Ruins of Alph before so that's something.
Commitment: Yes.

Bio:•Played in LTPL
I would like to manage this season because I feel it is a way I can help the community and have fun while doing so. I am not the best player, and mostly use memes in anything but DPP, but I feel I know the player base and meta game enough to succeed as a manager this season. This would be my first time managing, but is something I have always wanted to at least try my hand st and I believe I can succeed and prove that the right choice was made. I have been playing various tiers on Smogon for the past year and a half, and while I don't have that much of a resume I am extremely dedicated to the game and to helping and supporting others when I can. I intend on building a cohesive team environment within my team, as I believe having a good relationship and communication among the team is a very important part of managing or playing if success is wanted. I believe in helping my team actively as manager, and assisting my players in anyway possible throughout the season whether with Pokémon or giving advice in irl issues if asked. Pokémon is a game above all, and helping others and forming lasting friendships is just as important in these tournaments as the final records are. I will not give up on my players as through all my struggles IRL and being annoying in the past no one has given up on me, so it would be wrong to give up on this community and helping it.
Commitment: I fully commit to this tournament and to helping my team if I am selected and would be very grateful to get a chance this season. I am very excited for an opportunity this season, but I wish good luck to all managing or playing!

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Bio: Alright so I don't have much in the tour scene but I'd love to manage mainly because I've always had a huge fascination with past generations. I'm also great with scheduling matches and setting up auction picks and similar things as well. While my resume isn't large, I am certainly experienced. I've never hosted a tournament, or managed a team, so it's certainly an experience I would love to have. All in all, while I do not have much experience with managing, I could most certainly take this job with my huge dedication for the game.

Commitment: This is literally all I do after school so I'll be available most likely all the time, but I can't guarantee as I do after-school programs (none extend past 3:30 EST unless it's a special occasion) and I can't really control if my mom wants me to go somewhere, but it's very unlikely that I will be inactive.

Edit: Also, hi Lutra :D It's me Yoshi.

Last edited:

Lutra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)