All Gens RoAPL IV: Finals [8T/96P Won by PO Town Porygons]!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All logos were done by 0Nl

Introduction

The old gen team tournament you've been waiting for, for so long... finally returns!​

The format will consist of 2 spots of RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU and ORAS OU - every series except RBY's will be decided in a first-to-1-win (FT1W) series, RBY featuring a FT2W series. RoAPL IV will have 7 qualifying weeks, followed by a seeded semi-finals (top 4) and then finals. Managers and assistant managers will not be able to play. Dead games will be declared and will be worth nothing towards the standings. Teams will receive 1 point for a win, 1/2 a point for a tie and 0 points for a loss at the end of each week. Individual wins, Individual win percentage will be the tie-breaker for qualifying for the playoffs, with head-to-head team records considered and a 3-on-3 tiebreak if there is still a tie for a seed.​

RBY OU
Banned Moves
Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo.
Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

GSC OU
Banned Pokémon
Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moveset Combinations
Hypnosis|Lovely Kiss|Sing|Sleep Powder|Spore AND Perish Song AND Mean Look|Spider Web (Sleep Perish Trap)
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Freeze Clause.

ADV OU
Banned Pokémon
Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moves on Pokémon
Ingrain on Smeargle.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

DPP OU
Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All formes), Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Salamence, Shaymin-Sky, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Abilities
Sand Veil and Snow Cloak for Pokémon with more than one ability.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

BW OU
Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All Formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Dugtrio, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Thundurus, Tornadus-Therian, Zekrom.
Banned Moves
Banned Items
Soul Dew.
Banned Abilities
Moody, Sand Veil and Snow Cloak.
Banned Ability Combinations
Drizzle & Swift Swim , Sand Stream & Sand Rush, Drought & Chlorophyll.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Team Preview Clause.

ORAS OU
Banned Pokémon
Aegislash, Arceus (All Formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys (All formes), Dialga, Dugtrio, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Groudon, Groudon-Primal, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Kyogre, Kyogre-Primal, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.
Banned Moves
Baton Pass, Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves), Swagger.
Banned Items
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Sablenite, Salamencite, Soul Dew.
Banned Abilities
Moody, Shadow Tag.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Team Preview Clause.

Finals

PO Town Porygons (7) vs. (5) Mauville Magnetons
RBY OU: The Quasar (0-2) ErPeris
RBY OU: Ranshiin (2-0) TropicalTeo
GSC OU: Moony vs. Alexander
GSC OU: Slick Willy vs. Kaori
ADV OU: BKC vs. Ricardo
ADV OU: Jirachee vs. Acsel
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs. fatty
DPP OU: LifeStyle vs. Googly
BW2 OU: steelskitty vs. FLCL
BW2 OU: Kushalos vs. Teclis
ORAS OU: Eternal Spirit vs. Charmflash
ORAS OU: The Kyle vs. Lopunny Kicks

Battle Location: http://smogtours.psim.us/ (no hiding battle rooms)

Deadline is May 28th 23:59PM EDT
12/12 matches​
Let me know if I have made any mistakes with pairings, and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Every tournament I finish I like to talk a little about the experience, and this will be no different. I'd like to thank managers, players, and my fellow hosts for the awesome experience I have had for the past three months. You guys were amazing and I couldn't be happier picking Scep as my co-host and picking the managers the way we did - we had no drama the whole tour and that is certainly a good sign that we chose the right guys for the job.

To the teams still playing, I wish you guys best of luck and may the best win!

Perry

slayer
Managers asked me and I have decided to grant a short extension to BKC vs Ricardo and The Kyle vs Lopunny Kicks - they're now due tomorrow at 23:59 EDT.

won against ricardo, gg bro

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-379584

good work team, thanks to cs for drafting me, and special s/o to the kyle for a bit of unexpected inspiration

[6:29 PM] The Kyle: i don't know if i'm qualified to advise you
[6:30 PM] The Kyle: but sub salac pert is the best pokemon in adv
[6:31 PM] The Kyle: it gets at least 2 kills every game
[6:52 PM] The Kyle: counter snorlax is the second best poke in the gen btw

wew gj guys! gonna make quick shoutouts in tier order
snaga: u finally found ur calling, best thing u can ever do is be in my shadows as an assman
marcop: thx for the help in the draft and helping the players with various things
Vore gidal: unfort u had stuff come up but i was happy to get u
Gama: :aborto:
The Kyle: i picked u up knowing u were good but i was definitely surprised of how much better u actually are
steelskitty: kinda gay but kinda good nonetheless, u should be getting a spot in official team tours at this point
suapah: a bit rocky tour but i believe in u, gl in wcop and i hope u lose really badly to johnyiu
Kushalos: clutchalos omg
Lifestyle: i appreciate ur enthusiasm but ur new and still got a long way to go so dont feel down and keep improving
dbc: crush in wcop n_n
Dream: sorry i didnt give u more chances to play :v
Phil: man ur luck is so shit lmao
Kevin: i knew going all out to get u would pay off
cbt: sorry didnt give u too many chances to play but then again virizion.
MoonyfuckinPO: fuckin beast i had high expectations and u met them easily
Slick Willy: i initially got u cuz i thought ur signup post was funny and u beat me in a gsc tour but ur actually a beast in the making
Ranshiin: really proud of u man, great job and i hope u get an official team tour spot eventually, u will if u keep it up
Quasar: dont be disappointed from ur performance, everyone has ups and downs, i appreciate ur great presence in the chat ;)

ggs magnetons

Last edited:
Good job team, I was really looking forward to this tournament and I'm super glad I'm on the winnng team, I didn't get to play the metagames I wanted but thankfully I was able to win in a meta I'm not confortable with
Quick s/o to ChillShadow and Snaga for buying me, BKC for providing teams/help and Steelskitty for trying really hard mvp imo

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well this marks the third team tournament I manage where I make playoffs but never quite win it. Congrats Porygons!

Thank you to all the guys on our squad for doing an excellent job, especially ErPeris who really tried his best for us week in week out and was all around a very positive and motivating chat presence. Won't do full shoutouts but he really deserves a mention, he will do great things in the future n_n

I hope all the people who I went on activity crusades against don't hold it against me - I always get quite vocal to defend the interest of my team but as soon as the tour ends we're all back to being strangers on a pokemon website at worst, friends at best, and I hope it's the same for all the people I had to argue with throughout this tournament.

And finally shoutouts to the hosts as well for a very smooth tournament experience, when there's nothing bad to say about the hosting it means it was truly top notch

See you next year lads o/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)