All Gens RoAPL V: Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Art by 0Nl, thanks friend!

Hello everyone!
I will be hosting RoAPL V alongside HSOWA and Smoochyena, with Lutra for quality control. We have decided to keep last year's format, so RoAPL will feature 8 teams of 12 tier slots each (2x Gens 1-6 OU), and we are here looking for managers for those 8 teams! You will have until the 11th of March to apply for a spot alongside an 'assman' of your choice, as the chosen players will be posted here later that day. Player Signups will start on March 11th and will last until 22nd March, with auction happening either on March 23rd or 24th. As some people were curious, managers and their assmans still cannot play.

Example signup
Code:
[B]Team Name:[/B] Twinleaf Town TJbenches [Must begin with a Pokémon Location]
[B]Bio:[/B] I won RoAPL as a manager. I've shown I can do it. I also won a 64-man RBY tournament, and went 10-6 in SPL over 2 seasons.
[B]Commitment:[/B] We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
[B]Assistant Manager (or Manager):[/B] @HSOWA
If you want to take up on a team from last year, just use its name and it will be all good!
Good luck everyone! We are looking forward to a great run this year!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aliss

is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Team Name: TBD =)
Bio: Drud and I have a lot of experience managing together (for example we're currently managing in 1v1PL and are both involved with RoA stuff and really dedicated to oldgens, so I'm sure we'd be able to do a great job managing in this tour :)
Commitment: We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
Assistand Manager: Drud

Hoopas Dad

formerly Mysterious M
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Aspertia Arcanines
Bio: We managed last year and we had a good run i think, doing a 12-0! We have managerial experience from wcop and i also have a team in smogon exhibition semis rn. Thast all ig
Commitment: We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
Assistand Manager: roudolf13

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Team Name: Koniko Clan
Bio: I have been around forever and managed dozens of teams. Ranging from official settings (WCOP and SPL) to unofficial settings (OUPL, NUPL, ROAPL, etc.) on Smogon and on other forums (mainly PO). I have won numerous tours as a manager and have a great knowledge of the playerbase given my vast personal experience. Additionally, I enjoy and follow each of the six involved metagames, thus making me a specifically good fit for the position. crayon pop has been around for a long time, too. He also has managed this very tour before. While his knowledge is not quite as expenaisve as mine, he is specifically masterful of the DPP metagame and also is quite knowledgeable of ADV and even GSC. Additionally, he is quite motivated to help me form a strong team this tournament upon being picked. Together, we will form a knowledgeable pair and draft a winning team.
Commitment: We will both be active and online often. I have been talking to crayon pop everyday for the last six or so months and frequently before then, too. Neither of us plan to experience a drop in activity and, as a pair, we intend to have a strong, competitive roster.
Assistant Manager (or Manager): crayon pop

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Team Name: Pyrite Town Pichus
Bio: I won RoAPL as a manager. I've shown I can do it. Have played in 7 major team tournaments between WCoP/SPL/Snake, and managed in the most recent Snake to a 3rd place finish. Other notable managing experience as well.
Assistant Manager (or Manager): Searching for one, let me know if you are interested.

EDIT: Going to revoke my signup here

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Team Name: Castelia City Crabominables
Bio: Both my assistant manager and I have a lot of experience in playing old gens. In terms of management experience, both of us have managed in off-brand team tours from various Discord communities, so we know what it takes to manage a team and how to draft, etc. I myself have gotten quite into the RoA community recently, especially thanks to helping with RoA C&C.
Assistant Manager: GW

Team Name: Sunyshore City Shaymins
Bio: This would be sig and I's first time managing, but we both not only are extremely motivated to manage but we also believe we have relevant experience that would make us able to manage a winning team. Sig and I work incredibly well together, as we started talking when I tutored him in DPP and afterward became good friends. We have plenty of experience in both individual tournaments and team tournaments -- sig is currently 3-1 in SPL for DPP, and I recently placed 4th in the GSC Winter Seasonal, causing several upsets against solid players. We specialize in all old gens, and beyond our deep old gens knowledge we are very knowledgeable about the old gen playerbase. Beyond this experience, I am extremely involved in the RoA community, previously the director of the RoA interviews, as well as hosting many old gens tournaments and being a part of the most recent RoA Live Tournament. Lastly, we have the support of Stone_Cold who has been helping us out and believes that we'd be great managers :)
Commitment: I just wanted to note that despite my recent hiatus from Pokemon, I will without fail be fully committed to this. Thus, we will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.

Assistant Manager: sig

Last edited:
Team Name: Floaroma Floettes
Bio: I won RoAPL as a player last year and was very active in all the Roa tournaments last year. Royal Flush won WC'14 and has been managing team brazil since forever and used to write GSC stuff (he has a join date of 2006 btw, beat that). We also have great chemistry :heart:
Assistant Manager (or Manager): Royal Flush

Last edited:

Mister Tim

Жарю клойстеров
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Hearthome City Heatrans
Bio:(Tim) 2 times PPL 3rd place, WCoPP 3-4 place as manager, top 4 last 2 years, POCL 2015 champ, lots of medals on PP and other good plays on serious solo tours. With all this tours i got big knowledge of old gen community and expierence how to build team and how to lead it to high ranks. WIth this package im ready for my first smogon tour as manager.
(Ilesaural): High experience in solo and teams tours, at pokespain an other hispanic forums in which I have been captain (like New Origin). Also experience captaining at WCoPP and Hispanic Regional Tour. I'm mod in pokespain and pokemon perfect also, what means I'm on the tour wave and I know what it happens. Co-captained Olympics in Spain, in which we ended 2nd. Good knowledge of the player-base. Also a lot of ilusion for doing it well and working
Commitment: We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send my team lineups in time.
Assistant Manager: ilesaural

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Team Name: Po Town Power
Bio: I won roapl two seasons ago and have managed in spl multiple times, and Jirachee is one of the most impressive old-gen players on Smogon at the moment
Assistant Manager (or Manager): Jirachee

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Team Name: Mauville Magnetons
Bio: Managed WCoPP I / Team Italy (1st place out of 11), EGL4 / SK Tentacools T1 (3rd place out of 8), EGL5 / Vitality Vespiquens (1st place out of 6), RoAPL4 / Mauville Magnetons (2nd place out of 8), PPL3 / Vicious Victreebels (3rd place out of 8). All-time 10-8 in SPL RBY, decent placements in various RoA tours as well.
Charmflash managed Team Austria in WCoP 2018 and is an accomplished tournament player.
Commitment: I will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
Assistant Manager: Charmflash

Last edited:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Team Name: Pyrite Town Pichus
Bio: I was an Assistant Manager last RoAPL and played in the 2nd installment of RoAPL, This would be Groudon's first time managing. We both also have experiance playing in Offical Team Tournaments
Commitment:
We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
Assistant Manager:
Groudon

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Art by 0Nl

The following teams have been selected (in alphabetical order)

Team
| Manager | Assistant Manager

Aspertia Arcanines | Mysterious M | roudolf13
Hearthome City Heatrans | Mister Tim | ilesaural
Koniko Clan | Finchinator | crayon pop
Mt. Moon Men | Gilbert arenas | PDC
Mauville Magnetons | The Idiot Ninja | Charmflash
Po Town Power | Sam | Jirachee
Pyrite Town Pichus | jacob | Groudon

Sunyshore City Shaymins | Excal | sig

All 3 of us (HSOWA , Smoochyena and I) ranked all valid applications and we broadly agreed (with 7 picks). Where we didn't agree, we discussed based on our rankings and came up with a final 8.

We'd like all managers and assistant managers to come to the RoAPL Discord where we finalize plans, including the date for the auction.

The players signups will be up later today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)