All Gens RoAPL VI: Finals [8T/80P Won by Lilycove Ludicolos]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Well, not the outcome I wanted, but I had a lot of fun playing (a """"real tier"""") adv over the last month or so. Thanks to tony and kevin for giving me a chance despite having p much no track record in the tier aside from laddering here and there. I gave it my best shot but still got a lot left to work on. Also big big big shoutout to eden for playing 9000 test games with me and generally being an amazing help, it's much appreciated. Another thing: it was a treat to see my long time friend TSR come in and knock some heads this tour. You really flashed your potential in gsc and showed what can happen when you start to kick some of those bad habits. Keep it up sir. Thanks to my other teammates for being cool guys and ggs to the ludicolos.

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations Meteorites. Tony and BKC are fantastic managers, they drafted a very high quality team with proven tournament winners in Finch, Troller and Golden Sun and their supporting cast was quite strong as well. Clearly this series could have just as easily gone the other way and I'll be the first person to acknowledge that you need to catch some breaks in order to win these things and indeed we did.

Moving on to my team, I'm of course very satisfied with this outcome and very proud of our group. Any given team tour is a unique experience of course, but this tour in particular was distinctively different from other tours I've managed and veered into unfamiliar territory for me. In other tours my teams have bulldozed their way into playoffs as the number one seed without much trouble. In this, we scraped in by the thinnest of margins. It all came down to a game from another team (I love you forever for winning Haru) and that's definitely new to me. Immediately after the auction I was very happy with my draft. I thought we had the best RBY in the tour, arguably the best BW in the tour (certainly top 2 or 3) and probably the best or top 2 or 3 ADV as well. I thought we'd cruise into playoffs without too much of an issue. Things did not go according to plan. Hclat, who went 6-1 last year, did the polar opposite this year. KG, who I thought was one of the better ADVs available, started out 0-3 and went on life tilt. Xray, who told me he'd be fine playing BW if I asked him to, started out 1-3 and was super tilty and told me he didn't actually want to play BW. Oibaf went 2-5. Ebola got off to an 0-2 start. We didn't get a win until several weeks in. We had to sell back a player for extreme unsportsmanlike conduct, which I've never done before in any tour, and my assistant manager, who I've been friends with for years, was so upset about it and disagreed so strongly with my handling of the situation that he left our team chat in week 4, never came back and hasn't spoken a single word to me since then. Pick whichever one of those you like the best, but I can tell you very candidly that things really weren't going all that well and it was looking like we wouldn't even make playoffs, which would have also been a first for me and a massive disappointment.

I felt our group showed a strong degree of resilience and composure and refused to give up. We had to grind tooth and nail for this one to just barely win in any given round, but look where that got us... I'll avoid individual shoutouts, other than making it clear that Nails is a deity and is, plain and simple, the best RBY in the world, but I want everyone to know that I'm glad I picked them, it was a pleasure working with them and I hope I wasn't too obnoxious with my ultra tryhard managerial style.

Thank you to the hosts for a smooth, fairly run tour.

Finally, this... With this tour over, my team tour managerial numbers are as follows- In seven team tours that I have managed I am- 7/7 playoffs, 6/7 finals, 4/7 tournament champion. Those numbers are f ing insane. Find me another manager with better numbers, nevermind 10 of them. Idk wtf has to be done on this site other than shitpost constantly and put other people down in a juvenile, misplaced plea for attention and acknowledgement in order to be given an opportunity to manage on the big stage, but for the love of god TonyFlygon ABR Quite Quiet Merritt and whoever else makes these decisions, LET ME MANAGE SPL.

SFG

Snom is Fucking Great
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Congratulations Ludicolos! Even if we ended up losing this finals, I wanted to thank everyone who contibuted to make this tournament an incredible experience for me.

The first of all is obviously BKC ! You're awesome man. Thanks for picking me, thanks for trusting me during all the tour despite my poor record, thanks for all the time you invested to help me. Even with this poor record, I honestly feel like I improved tremendously during the tour, especially with building. You're an awesome captain, and, even if I was a bit intimidated at the beginning, you're one of the nicest man on this site. Don't change anything (but please stop calling me a zoomer, old man :puff:)

Another big thank to TonyFlygon , another of the nicest men of the site! Thanks for always being nice, positive and encouraging. Thanks also for your help in DPP! It was a real pleasure to mate with you, and I can only wish your WCoP with Europe will be a succes! (as long you bench Adri , it should be ok)

I would like to make a personalized message for each of my mates, but I think it would be too long, so I'll be concise. Golden Sun Sharow Finchinator Teclis frisoeva Mister Tim Pak Bouff peng TSR Welli0u Vileman . Aside from Sharow, Teclis and Well, I hadn't really interacted with any of you before this tour, but I honestly esteem each of you, both as a player and a man. Thanks for your trust, thanks for your support, but mostly, thanks for this awesome team environment! Thanks to you, this tour was one of my best Smogon experience (and I obviously include Tony and Kevin in this "you" lmao).

I also wants to thank some people who helped me during this tour without being on the team:

Thanks to Xizaaa , Altthiel , Sageau and Sakito for the the countless number of tests we did and to Lucix for his awesome investement during finals. Thank you also to everyone who encouraged me!

Finally, I just want to thank all my opponents for their fair-play and for the great battles we had. Each defeat allows us to improve, and I had some fun during this ROAPL!

oh and, last but no least, thanks to kjdaas , HSOWA and vani for their awesome job with hosting.

Anw, ty for reading, and have a nice day everyone! Don't forget to congratz Ludicolos for their trophy

congrats ludis, despite what was said in the heat of the moment you were the more deserving winners of this series.

thanks tony for coming aboard and helping me out, it was a great learning experience. hopefully I'll take the lessons with me to spl. to the players (and the guys who offered to join and help out): it was a blast hanging out with you, with several memorable moments, my favorites being learning bouff was actually on the team and tsr's refusal to rest capping off an already insanely stressful game. once again, I'm sorry for my whiplash style tirades - this is a fun tour, and there's no need to get that worked up about it. however, I genuinely hope that you guys at least took something from the work we did and had fun with the tour as a whole. all the best for the future, both in pokemon and for finch to learn how to ride a bike.

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Congrats Ludis and commiserations Meteorites. Was certainly entertaining to watch the final series end as tight as 6-4. I especially enjoyed seeing a lot of the non-mainers improve week by week. Thanks Astamatitos and Mysterious M for picking me up and making the team atmosphere exactly as it should be for this tour - I had a blast! Not gonna do any individual shoutouts, but I was really happy with my team, especially choolio's tough love approach, where he calls me words I probably shouldn't repeat here even if I win. :tini:

It was a real pleasure to mate with you
Pause.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Finals Standings
RankLogoTeam NameManager
Assistant
Team
Wins
Team
Losses
Team
Ties
Team PointsIndv.
Wins
Indv.
Losses
Blank WinsBlank LossesBlank TiesFail2P
Lilycove Ludicolos
Mossdeep Meteorites

RoA Premier League VI (2020) Champions

Lilycove Ludicolos

Manager: CALLOUS | Assistant Manager: JabbaTheGriffin
Players: brewfasa, EB0LA, Hclat, Kevin Garrett, lighthouses, marilli, Mr.378, Nails, Oibaf, Ophion, Raiza, The Sprinkler, Vusty., xray

Top Records

Nails (8-0-1) for Overall and RBY OU
Welli0u (7-2) for GSC OU
roystopror (6-1) for ADV OU
brewfasa (5-1) for DPP OU
Insult (6-1) for BW OU

Sorry for leaving it a bit too long.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)