All Gens RoAPL VI: Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Week 7 Standings
RankLogoTeam NameManager
Assistant
Team
Wins
Team
Losses
Team
Ties
Team PointsIndv.
Wins
Indv.
Losses
Blank WinsBlank LossesBlank TiesFail2P
Mossdeep Meteorites
Lilycove Ludicolos
Poni Plains Ponytas
Iki Igglybuffs
Sunyshore Shaymins
Aspertia Arcanines
Canalave Crobats
Mt. Moon Men

RankLogoTeam NameManager
Assistant
Team
Wins
Team
Losses
Team
Ties
Team PointsIndv.
Wins
Indv.
Losses
Blank WinsBlank LossesBlank TiesFail2P
Aspertia Arcanines
Mossdeep Meteorites
Iki Igglybuffs
Lilycove Ludicolos
Sunyshore Shaymins
Canalave Crobats
Mt. Moon Men
Poni Plains Ponytas

Capturee.PNG

For some reason, I think this decision would had been different if this had happened in Week 7, with playoffs on the line and half the manager pool (with an obvious conflict of interest) pushing for the double sub when we had a clear activity case. :blobthinking:

The double-sub decision is unfair, not only because our player was active during the whole course of the week, but also because it was taken so late that it gave us no other option - our other subs were not available due to their respective timezone - but to sub in a player in hamhamhamham who, even though he played a solid game for the most part, does not expertise in the generation and have us do practically panic-prep for the most crucial game of our season. Overall, you may have done an excellent job with this tournament vanisherrr , kjdaas, HSOWA and Lutra, but this decision is very questionable at the very best and, while I don't expect you to overturn it anymore, I felt I had to express myself because it's been very tough to swallow that our entire season was decided by a game played under those circumstances. :blobpensive:

Anyway, I would like to thank my managers Roseybear and HML am for giving me the opportunity to play in this tournament and for supporting me, even though my results were underwhelming. I think I was competitive and fought hard in almost every game, but ultimately this wasn't my tournament and I apologize I didn't win more. I hope we can team up again in the future, I'm happy I was a player of the Crobats !

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
View attachment 246131

For some reason, I think this decision would had been different if this had happened in Week 7, with playoffs on the line and half the manager pool (with an obvious conflict of interest) pushing for the double sub when we had a clear activity case. :blobthinking:

The double-sub decision is unfair, not only because our player was active during the whole course of the week, but also because it was taken so late that it gave us no other option - our other subs were not available due to their respective timezone - but to sub in a player in hamhamhamham who, even though he played a solid game for the most part, does not expertise in the generation and have us do practically panic-prep for the most crucial game of our season. Overall, you may have done an excellent job with this tournament vanisherrr , kjdaas, HSOWA and Lutra, but this decision is very questionable at the very best and, while I don't expect you to overturn it anymore, I felt I had to express myself because it's been very tough to swallow that our entire season was decided by a game played under those circumstances. :blobpensive:

Anyway, I would like to thank my managers Roseybear and HML am for giving me the opportunity to play in this tournament and for supporting me, even though my results were underwhelming. I think I was competitive and fought hard in almost every game, but ultimately this wasn't my tournament and I apologize I didn't win more. I hope we can team up again in the future, I'm happy I was a player of the Crobats !
I and also some TDs have already explained the IFM vs innisfree decision to your managers, so I will not go in details here. However, I will respond to the act call I posted, because there are clear differences. That call was made a few days after the deadline of the week, meaning that forcing a double sub in this situation was impossible and we needed to make a decision based on the information on the profiles only, because neither of the managers contacted us about the situation beforehand/afterwards (or contacted each other). Secondly, brewfasa never said he was going to be inactive after the scheduled time, which is another clear difference. He also never posted an activity win request, meaning that he was probably still waiting in case innisfree would come at a later time or didn't care enough for push for a sub (because the week was already over and the result of this game had no influence on the rankings at, cos the ludicolos would still be 4th). Thirdly, the managers of innisfree also never cared to act on this decision after the deadline was already over meaning that they lost their chance to argue for a double sub/deadgame.

I understand the disappointment of your team and I regret that it came down to an activity decision, but we followed the rules and etiquettes also used in official tours. However, I do believe the hosts made the correct decision in this case.

Edit: as a quick response to IFM because im working right now. In the latest CPL a very similar case was deadgamed, where blunder was scheduling poorly (innisfree) and were his team 2011 (Poni Plains Ponyta's) were not given the chance to sub someone in, resulting in a dead game. So here the is the act call:

I don't like using CPL decisions as a precedent, because its a different tournament all together due to 1 day deadlines, but if you insist.

Last edited:

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I strongly believe the decision to force a double sub was amateurish, and greatly harmed and invalidated the integrity of the tournament you have just spent seven plus weeks running.

My opponent never responded to me. I gave adequate warning on his VM wall, where all tournament players are instructed to schedule, of my availability. I am under no responsibility to inform the opposing manager of his players inactivity. No where in the scheduling guidelines does it obligate the player to go above and beyond. I followed my end of the bargain and was punished for it. Multiple times in the past I have done the same and been given an activity win. The most recent example from CPL.

We were forced to make a sub at an inopportune time, long after most of our other subs had gone to bed. Hamhamhamhamham had to be pulled out of bed after midnight to play with no prep, a lack of sleep, and a season riding on his back. A less than ideal situation to win a Pokemon match. All of the prep that I had done this week for the match was thrown out of the window. This decision seems forced due to the peer pressure exuded by the other managers, as well as the eleventh hour of the tournament. Neither should effect an activity case, but you allowed it to.

You reference the Tournament Directors supported this decision. In this case, the official scheduling guidelines should be updated, obligating the user to inform the opposing manager of their activity as well. This rule change should not be retroactively applied and this decision should be reversed. It was not a rule less than twenty four hours ago when I made my activity case.

I am extremely disappointed the season ended this way. It was unfair to me, it was unfair to my team, and it was unfair to everyone who spent seven weeks playing this tournament.

Edit: They were given a chance to sub. I gave them a 21 hour warning on his VM wall where I am instructed to post all of my tournament scheduling. Their is no rule forcing me to inform them directly.

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, yalls decision making was some ass. But, atleast now I know that I can draft 20 players in SPL, start 10 subs and have them ghost for 6 days and 23 hours, force a double sub and profit. Lgi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)