All Gens RoAPL VII: Finals [8T/80P Won by Lilycove Ludicolos]

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Art by 0NI, thanks friend!
⏮ RoAPL 6 | Discord | Spreadsheet

Manager Signups | Player Signups | Talk | Replays + Usage | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction

Welcome to the seventh iteration of Ruins of Alph Premier League!​
The format of ROAPL will be 8 teams with 10 slots each (2x Gens 1-5 OU). Every matchup will be BO1, with the exception of RBY, which will be BO3. After 7 weeks of qualifying, the top four teams will advance to a seeded semifinals round, followed by a finals round to determine this year's champions.

As a reminder:
  • Managers and assistant managers will not be allowed to play.
  • Battles not completed before the deadline will either count as an activity win or a dead game.
  • Battles ending with a tie will be ignored. (first-to-3 wins in RBY OU, first-to-1-win in other tiers).
  • Teams will receive 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss.

RBY OU
Banned Moves
Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo.
Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

GSC OU
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Pokémon
Celebi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo.
Banned Moveset Combinations
Hypnosis|Lovely Kiss|Sing|Sleep Powder|Spore AND Perish Song AND Mean Look|Spider Web (Sleep Perish Trap)
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Freeze Clause.

ADV OU
Banned Pokémon
Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Mr. Mime, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moves on Pokémon
Ingrain on Smeargle.
Banned Abilities
Sand Veil
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, 3 Baton Pass Clause.

DPP OU
Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All formes), Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Salamence, Shaymin-Sky, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Baton Pass, Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak for Pokémon with more than one ability.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

BW OU
Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All Formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Thundurus, Tornadus-Therian, Zekrom.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Dark Void, Grass Whistle, Hypnosis, Lovely Kiss, Relic Song, Sing, Sleep Powder, Spore, Yawn (Sleep moves).
Banned Items
Soul Dew.
Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Moody, Sand Veil, Sand Rush, Shadow Tag, Snow Cloak.
Banned Ability Combinations
Drizzle & Swift Swim, Drought & Chlorophyll.
Clauses
Species Clause, Team Preview Clause.

1621838673974.png

Lilycove Ludicolos (5) vs. Cinnabar Chandelures (5)
Managers: CALLOUS, JabbaTheGriffin vs shiloh, Leru
RBY OU: Oiseau Bleu vs Amaranth
RBY OU: Genesis7 vs Kiichikos
GSC OU: Fear vs Oibaf
GSC OU: frisoeva vs Mr.378
ADV OU: Siglut vs Pak
ADV OU: brewfasa vs Endill
DPP OU: hellpowna vs Sakito
DPP OU: Kristyl vs snøfall
BW OU:
SoulWind vs talah
BW OU: Bushtush vs Star
Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 09.08.59.png
Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 09.08.10.png

Battle Location: http://smogtours.psim.us/ (no hiding battle rooms)

Deadline is May the 30rd 11:59 PM EDT(-4)
Completed Matches: 0/10​

Last edited:
Back to back champions baby!

Thank you to the hosts for selecting me to manage in this tour again and for the thankless time and effort sink that is hosting.

I loved my team. Our team environment was collaborative and drama-free from start to finish and there was just a special feeling in our "locker room" that this team was destined to win. Obviously, getting down 2-5 in finals it didn't feel at every single moment like we were going to win, but we always believed that we could and here we are. I'll spare you individual shoutouts, but I can comfortably say this was easily one of the strongest teams I've ever drafted in any tour and it was also one of the best team environments I've ever been a part of. I'm really appreciative you guys (and girl) were willing to take this ride with me and I hope playing for me was a decent time.

This win really means a lot to me, more than other tours I've won in the past, both because I think going back to back in this tour is a pretty solid accomplishment that I'm proud of and also because this will hopefully help my chances to get to manage SPL again. Alongside me, Fatty also won this tour back to back and put up a combined 11-3 record over the past two years even though he cost 3K both times. Stop undervaluing this player!

Thanks again hosts and Ludicolos! CALLOUS for SPL! <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)