SS OU Roast my balanced team

Hi everyone
Im new at this game and hence i could not find a balance team that i enjoy playing, i have build my own.

First of all a few disclamers:
i am not a team builder. This is literally my first try. I havn't calc anything and all my spreads are eyeballed. Also, please excuse my rusty english, it's not my first language.

Without further a due, here goes nothing.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Calm mind physically defensive clef. Very useful against nasty dragons (garchomp, dnite, salamence, dracozolt,...) and threatens out stally/bulky steel types (ferro, corvi, skarmory, magnezone,..). This way i can indirectly prevent my oponent of setting spikes too easily since i have very litle way of getting rid of them.
If kept healty it can be used as a secondary defence line in case of trouble and pull off late game sweeps.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Specially defensive Ttar. It's my rocks and sandstorm setter and in top of that, an amazing special wall. It can come in on almost any special ability, spread paralysis and chip with rocks and sand. Rock blast over earthquake or stone edge to check sub sets (especially volcarona) and threaten unpleasent birds(pelliper, zapdos, moltrace, tornadus, pevent hawlucha to swich in..). I gave it rest to be able to continually switch it in and set the sandstorm for excadrill and against other weather teams.
It can win against most of heatran sets however mind the taunt/toxic/protect ones and try to knock them first.
(I copied this spread but i don't know the calcs behind)

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Sandrush excadrill. Rapid spin is my only way of getting rid of hazards so don't take unnecessary risks with it. Its job is to revenge kill, speed control and occasionally toxic or chip something.
I know that it's a waste of it's potential but i lack safe way to bring him in since i do not have pivoting moves.

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 136 Def / 116 SpD Impish Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Knock Off
- Toxic spikes

Knock of/ toxic spikes toxapex. Amazing wall agains almost anything. Knock and tspikes can force progress against defensive mons. However do not trade tspikes against spikes: we lack way of safely bringing our rapid spinner and gaining offencive tempo.
Hazard stacking is a problem because it prevent us to use our best tool: the regecore with rocky helmet.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore

Physically defensive leech seed tangrowth.
Our earthquake resist. Knock, stun spore and leech seeds force progress against a lot of things. Walls rillaboom, landorus, excadrill,.. most of physicall attackers.
Beware of kartana and bisharp (steel types that are immune to your retaliation moves).
Against things that you can only check, do not hesitate to swap between tox-tangrowth-clef (leech seed first if you can) to chip them with rockyhelmet and cancel their progress with regeneration.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Specs Dragapult. Our main revange killer and late game sweeper. After spreading status during the whole midgame, it's time for the cleanup. In late game Specs stab boosted hex and dracometeor are enough to shred their weakened, itemless, paralysed team to shreds.
Mind blissey and chansey though. Eventhough they can't harm you with seismic toss, getting toxicd or paralysed can stop your sweep. You will have to use excadrill or setup clef to break them.

Strategy:
Lead tang or Ttar and everytime you force a switch, claim an item, a hazard or a status.
Try to stay healty and slowly creep your way to victory as your ennemy get chiped and you regenerate most of their damage.
When the time is right, shred the remains of their team to pieces with excadrill, clef or dragapult.

What i would like to keep in this team:
I really like the playstyle: creeping and forcing progress inch by inch and then suddenly sweeping with a threat that he has no satisfactory answer to.

Thank you for your imput guys, im really looking forward to improving this team with your help! Roast my team!

Importable
https://pokepast.es/d7cad924cf043514

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
For someone who says this is the first try, you've done rather well and I can't roast it. As someone who loves sand, here's some random things for the team

Use 252 HP / 252 SpD ev spread on :Tyranitar:. There is no need for it to run a complicated ev spread and this will do nicely. Also, replace rest with lash out since you do not need this to be healthy at all costs

Use swords dance over toxic on :Excadrill:. As your main sand sweeper, you do not need to cripple stuff with it using toxic

Use black sludge over helmet on :toxaPex:. With the sand, you are also hindering it and as such, you do not want the sand damage to stick plus passive recovery goes a long way. Since you already have Tangrowth, you can opt for a more specially defensive Pex with something like 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD with calm nature. That ev doesn't really do anything noteworthy. It's just something I prefer but just lean in to a specially defensive Pex. You do not want Tyranitar to be your special wall because this thing dies to everything in ou

Since you already have knock off on Pex, go with focus blast on :Tangrowth:. You absolutely need this otherwise you won't be able to kill Kartana, which can be a major headache for sand teams. It also prevents Ferrothorn or Heatran from coming in freely. Replace stun spore with sleep powder. This goes a long way since it can buy you a couple turns if you really need

Lastly, on :Dragapult:, replace hex with shadow ball and wisp with fire blast. You do not want a choiced user to be using a non damaging move unless absolutely necessary. Shadow ball is one of the most spammable moves so take advantage of that. Fire blast is just a filler move so you can get rid of something like Corviknight as quickly as possible

really dont have much that the guy above me didnt already point out, but on ttar, run fire blast/ice beam over rest on ttar. Lets you nail stuff like ferro or lando t on the switch, and seeing as ur team struggles most with id say lando-t, id run ice beam. Alternatively you could run toxic and run double status on ttar to surprise common switch ins to ttar like tang, lando-t, and to a lesser extent, buzzwole.

Thank you for your imputs!
I'll try those changers during the weekend and get back to you.
In the mean time if there is any other suggestions (mons/sets/spread changes ) just post it here, i will try them all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)