Rejected Room Unban notifications

When I looked at server/chat-commands.js in the code, I found that when a user becomes unbanned, they don't receive a popup saying that they were unbanned, and I think that it wasn't implemented because it isn't possible for a user to be in the room they were banned in. Like mutes, if a user isn't in a room when they become unmuted, they don't receive a message. So I think that users should be notified of unbans, because they would have to attempt to join the room to check if they were unbanned, though I'm not sure if it should only be implemented for being unbanned by staff or also for ban expiration. Same could be done for unblacklists. Maybe global unbans too, but it would require reaching out to the user outside of PS.

pre

pkmn.cc
Not notifying users when they become unbanned/unblacklisted may be an unintended (or intended?) feature - for example just because a user has been unbanned from a room does not mean the room necessarily wants them to be reminded to come back, given they were obviously viewed as a negative presence to have been banned in the first place.

Maybe global unbans too, but it would require reaching out to the user outside of PS.
In addition to the reason covered above, this is not technically feasible given we have no contact information for said user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)