BDSP Rose Fields

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
It's time for a quick RMT, I wanted to post of the team i recently build and peaked ladder with. Its already shown to quite a few players so i thought might aswell, since it doesnt involve crazy much with the recent suspect test of Latios in the current metagame. I originally build this for Italy Room PL, for my game v micaiah. I wanted to use smth that fits my style, a preference towards more balancy with still 1 stupid wincon that can win out of no where.

Team Building

:Lucario:

One mon that really stood out to me when i was prepping for this game was Lucario. He had used gliscless stalls so far, which is really nice for Lucario, because one of his best answers is Gliscor. It also covered the potential Hyper Offense matchup, because of it helping out with Extreme Speed picking off Dragon Dancers like Gatr after being chipped, or being a scary Wincon if a Lati draco'd. And it also does great in the regular Balance v Balance (/Bulky Offense) Matchup. Lucario is a mon as far as i saw in builder pre testing, that could pull off some crazy stuff, No Priority that could be send his way outclasses Extreme Speed, and Lucario had the added bonus of being faster then Heatran, and of course SD

:Roserade:

Next up i wanted to pair spikes with Lucario, spikes help it out greatly breaking through stuff like Garchomp (which normally forces u out cause Extreme Speed only does 40~ with Adamant Life Orb). Roserade also helped alot in the defensive department. Lucario really doesnt like Rotom Wash, Roserade on the other end doesnt care, Leaf Storm ohko's it, natural cure makes it so wisp doesnt matter, Volt Switch does minor damage. Another thing about Lucario is, it gets chipped really fast, making Togekiss really annoying to deal with if it comes (lefties) and Rose makes it so lefties is less of a annoyance sludge bombing it into espeed range if need be. Before i forget Rose is also on this team for Lucario number 1 Enemie. Tangrowth, spikes chip it down, Sludge Bomb helps u kill it in a close end game and again tnx to spikes it cant regen the damage off that easily.

:Rotom_Wash:

This team just loses to Swords Dance Scizor at this point and not to mention Swords Dance Garchomp. I needed a ground immunity aswell as something that could check SD Scizor and in the end I thought scarf Rotom-Wash could help a ton, it gives momentum for Lucario to come in and claim a kill. Checks SD Garchomp (two hit ko's and u can wisp it to make it less of a threat), checks SD Scizor by burning it. But not to forget that it also helps v Stall. Trick makes it so u can make a mon on stall much worse, since what on stall wants to have a choice scarf? Gliscor is a huge risk almost nobody is willing to take since hydro either ohko's if phys def or does 80% v spdef. Besides that it also helps with in general speed control this team didnt have yet.

:Garchomp:
Good old reliable broken. This team needed a couple things for me to really love it, a Rocker, a Defogger, a Ground Immunity and a mon that could just click buttons. Garchomp fit three out of those 4, it gives me a Ground Immune, it gives me a Rocker and Life Orb Garchomp is a really really big threat to alot of teams. Spdef Glisc is the only reliable switch in besides Togekiss that is able to switch in, Phys def loses (Flamethrower -> Draco kills it), Starmie if not ice beam defensive dies. And with this set it helps the stall Matchup even futher, u can just click buttons and force chip for Luc to claim later or claim a few kills in the progress.

:Scizor:
This team just lost to Latios at this point, Scizor helps alot with that. It doesnt need spdef to check specs which is really nice, this also helps with picking off stuff like garchomp after they SD. But also gives alot of momentum which is great for lucario.

:Gliscor:

I needed a better chomp check, i wanted something bulky that could help out with breaking down the line and something that baits tangrowth in thinking it could beat this. Glisc just helps alottt with the balance Matchup Making it much easier to play around etc.

Threats

:Infernape: This team doesnt have a allround bulky water to check Choice Band infernape, Blitz two hit ko's gliscor from band and Garchomp dies to 2 aswell, ur best chance is chipping it into Espeed Range

:Crawdaunt: Everything gets two hit ko'd or ohko's by this (legit anything in the metagame iirc)

:Dragonite: Dragon Dance is a massive threat, it just ohko's everything if given a free dd, best chance of beating this is forcing up rocks and playing super duper aggresive

:mew: Flamethrower Thunderbolt Ice Beam

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1553379340 v Mic
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1551148321-ui6f55qsz2kp10exs4ht29bsjb5d62epw V Stall

The Team

Last edited:
You need more special defense in scizor in order to check latios. Even if gets baned, latias was still a thing to prepare.

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 177-209 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

92 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 158-186 (46 - 54.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO (LATIAS DAMAGE if latios baned)

With rocks in mind, you need to put some evs in Sdef.

You can go luke if draco or rose if surf /thunderbolt but better if you avoid 2HKO with rocks.

Good team.

Last edited:

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
You need more special defense in scizor in order to check latios. Even if gets baned, latias was still a thing to prepare.

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 177-209 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

92 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 158-186 (46 - 54.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO (LATIAS DAMAGE if latios baned)

With rocks in mind, you need to put some evs in Sdef.

You can go luke if draco or rose if surf /thunderbolt but better if you avoid 2HKO with rocks.

Good team.
Latios has already been banned, so theres no need to change the team to account for it

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hm, those reps don't give me much confidence. The team is good, but as an example it doesn't seem like enough. It is true that against Stall it goes great, but I think that your opponent did not play well at all.

I think the Mamos + zone combo can be a threat, whether it's a dragmag or + uturn/voltswitch.

I can't think of anything in particular, the team benefits a lot since it seems that Latios was banned.

Watch out for Magma Heatran in case you bring in Glisc. Being Careful can be an advantage as it fits him better but you are slower. I don't know how much a specs version with Overheat is used but it can also be dangerous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)