Roserade running physical sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost, I would like to say that I have much experience running roserade sets, and I have found these to be most effective.

*Both of these are fit for rain teams, to keep pesky fire types away.*

Offensive Physical Sweeper
Poison Point/ Natural Cure
Adamant Nature, @Choice Band
252 Atk, 252 Spe

Bullet Seed
Poison Jab
Return/Frustration
Pin Missile

*I know this set may sound crappy, but it is totally unexpected and relies mostly on the art of surprise. The poison point/ poison jab gives a chance of poisoning, and return/ frustration is just in there for good measure.*

--------------

Poison Point/ Natural Cure
Adamant Nature, @Life Orb
252 Atk, 252 Spe

Poison Jab
Bullet Seed
Return/ Frustration
Swords Dance

*Same as last time, but relies on getting a swords dance to perform an effective sweep.*

--------------​

Got any other sets? Recommendations? Post them.

jrp

Banned deucer.
why are you using sets off of Roserade's base 70 attack when it has 125 special attack

Surprise factor only works once in a battle.

What does physical Roserade beat that special Roserade struggles with. I wonder what. You've obviously haven't had much experience with Roserade if you think these sets are the best with Roserade's paltry 70 base attack. I also think that you shouldn't be making threads specifically about sets a Pokemon can run, and that you should post it in like the np thread.

EDIT: How about the Special Attack that Roserade has, which is far superior to its Attack. Pokemon that switch into Roserade, like Crobat, will not even take much damage from a physical set, so I really don't see the point of running such a set. Also, I'm curious on what sets you ran with Roserade outside of that set.

why are you using sets off of Roserade's base 70 attack when it has 125 special attack

Surprise factor only works once in a battle.
Yes, but it only needs to really hit hard once. Plus, it's speed allows it to out-speed most switch ins and lets it hit hard multiple times, if necessary.

Even surprise wouldn't make this good, special sets completely outclass it. Sorry.
It's a completely powerful set, regardless the disadvantages.

Not to be a douche, but a physical Roserade is a really bad idea. Well moving on, Poison Point should never be considered over Natural Cure since if you are using Poison Point and get burned, it gets crippled for the rest of the match, but if you run Natural Cure you can just switch to get rid of the burn. Also Poison Jab shouldnt be used on Roserade, Grass/Normal already has pretty good coverage and Poison isnt helping. So maybe adding Sleep Powder would be a better idea. Well imma leave some sets for you to replace the current ones and add some new ones. Also Seed Bomb>Bullet Seed since you dont have Technician, and Pin Missile is bad. But if you opt to use TechniRade then just pick something else to replace Pin Missile.
Sleep+SD
Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure/Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Return
- Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed

Banded
Roserade (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 220 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Seed Bomb
- Return
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest

Mixed
Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure/Technitian
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 220 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Growth
- Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed
- Return
- Hidden Power [Fire] (HP Fire should have 59 Base Power with Technician)

Sub 3 Attacks
Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Technician
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SAtk / 232 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Substitute
- Bullet Seed
- Return
- Hidden Power [Fire](HP Fire should have 59 Base Power with Technician)

I think this are probably the most viable physical Roserade sets for Roserade, also you might want to consider using HP Ice for Gligar.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
358 Atk vs 197 Def & 513 HP (75 Base Power): 147 - 174 (28.65% - 33.92%)

You don't even 3HKO the standard Snorlax with Bullet Seed (on average)

349 Atk vs 330 Def & 513 HP (140 Base Power): 207 - 244 (40.35% - 47.56%)

This is Leaf Storm vs. that same Snorlax

So like, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by using a set that does -less- damage to its counters?

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Uh, this will never be good. Rosearade doesn't has the power to get "surprise kills" to anything, and has a paper defense stat that wont help it if its not O/2HKOing stuff like the special offensive set does.
Also lol pin missile it doesn't even has moves to do this, sorry but this won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)