Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Rotom-C is a fast and offensive pivot that pressures common Pokemon in NU such as Mantine, Mudsdale, and Talonflame as well as revenge killing common offensive threats like Inteleon and Starmie. Rotom-C's main perk is its hard-to-block Volt Switch; Ground-types bar Flygon must be cautious due to the threat of Leaf Storm, and general answers like Guzzlord, Dhelmise, and Dragalge risk being crippled by Trick. Pokemon with pivoting moves like Dragalge and Talonflame function well with Rotom-C to create a VoltTurn core able to take advantage of more passive teams. Rotom-C appreciates the partnership of powerful physical attackers such as Sirfetch'd and Tyrantrum to handle specially defensive walls like Dragalge and Dhelmise. These attackers in return enjoy Rotom-C's ability of pivoting them in when forcing some of its checks onto the field.

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
I think you can also tack onto the first sentence how this set effectively revenge kills common offensive foes like Life Orb Mienshao and Starmie too

the part about Thunderbolt and Leaf Storm isn't really necessary and puts this in the territory of "why am I not just reading the Smogdex entry;" it's just not the important part here.

your Volt Switch point is almost there; what I want emphasized here is how Rotom-C is incredibly hard to prevent from gaining momentum because most Ground-types save for Flygon simply can't risk trying to block Volt Switch due to the threat of Leaf Storm. this forces teams to often rely on Pokemon like, as you mention, Dragalge and Dhelmise that at least resist the move and can take hits from Rotom-C's other moves too

Trick's sentence needs more focus on foes that actually wanna check Rotom-C; Bronzong and MANTINE are not good examples

Talonflame > Ninjask in your pivots sentence; Ninjask isn't really relevant anymore and Talonflame has a bit better of synergy with Rotom-C

Sirfetch'd > Golurk in your wallbreakers section. Similar to the above bit---Golurk is good, but Sirfetch'd is a bit more relevant I'd say

qc 1/1 when done, let me know if you have any questions

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Rotom-C is a great option for teams as a fast and offensive pivot capable of pressuring that pressures common Pokemon in the metagame NU such as Mantine, Mudsdale, and Talonflame as well as revenge killing common offensive threats like Inteleon and Starmie. Rotom-C's main perk is how difficult its hard-to-block Volt Switch is to block; Ground-types bar Flygon must be cautious due to the threat of Leaf Storm, whereas and general answers like Guzzlord, Dhelmise, and Dragalge risk being crippled by Trick. Pokemon with pivoting moves like Dragalge and Talonflame function well with Rotom-C to create a VoltTurn core able to take advantage of more passive teams. Rotom-C appreciates the partnership of powerful physical attackers such as Sirfetch'd and Tyrantrum to handle specially defensive walls like Dragalge and Dhelmise. These attackers in return enjoy Rotom-C's ability of pivoting them in when forcing some of the aforementioned its checks onto the field.
gp 1/1

Blitz i did it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)