Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Why this deserves to be on-site

-It is one of the most reliable Tornadus-T counters, being able to take its poweful Hurricanes and threaten it with a SE Volt Switch

-Possessing semi-reliable recovery in Pain Split, allowing it to stay around longer than some of Tornadus-T's other checks like Bronzong.

-While countering Tornadus-T it also is an amazing sponge for the boosted Water-type attacks found on opposing Rain teams.

Additional comments

-The choice between Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave, for me, comes down to what kind of team I was using Rotom-W on. Offensive teams tended to enjoy the Thunder Wave support while defensive teams enjoy Will-o-Wisp

Teammates & Counters

-I found it partnered well with any team who was weak to Rain teams. Sand teams loved at that with one slot you could absorb Water-type attacks while also handling Tornadus.

-Celebi and Amoonguss paired well with it, as they lured in Tornadus-T like the plague.

-Scizor and Genesect also pair well with this 'mon as they cover each others weakness' while wearing down opponents with Volt-Switch.

~Lemme know what you think.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your spread is inefficent. By using 252 HP / 112 SpD you get exactly the same special bulk but much greater physical bulk. Also Specs Tornadus-T's Hurricane does 33.22 - 39.14% to Rotom-W, not 25-29% as you claimed... Your Keldeo calcs are also way off. Celebi barely takes Specs Hydro Pumps in rain, Rotom-W cannot even hope to do so.

And why all this speed investment? I believe you should just use 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD, as there are not any threats that you can outspeed with little Speed investment. HP Ice is also a good option for the third slot, and makes sure you are not set-up on by physical dragons (you don't want to rely on H-Pump to break Chomp's sub right?) and Sub Thundurus-T can get annoying when you are trying to hit him with H-Pump. I don't know if it should get an AC mention, or if it desrves a main slot though, ask the QC team.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's pretty much the bulky set with a specially defensive spread. I do not think this warrants a separate set.

You may want to take over JellyOs's Rotom-W BW2 revamp instead. I don't think he's working on it anymore, but I'll confirm with him first.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
SpD Rotom-W surely deserves an analyses, as it's one of the few Tornadus-T counters with reliable recovery. It can fit in offensive teams too, unlike Jirachi and SpD Skarmory.

He is also one of the best Genesect checks out there. He easily avoids the 2hko from +1 Tbolt (32.89 - 38.81%) and almost always avoids the 2hko from Bug Buzz too w/o SR up (47.36 - 55.59%), and can ohko back with HP Fire (79.15 - 93.28%).

Finally he handles Rock Polish Lando like a boss, where 168 HP Rotom-W fails miserably, as Focus Blast and Psychic both seriously dent it (67.84 - 79.85% and 50.88 - 60.07%), while the SpD variant only takes 46.05 - 54.27% from FB, only a 5% chance to 2hko w/o SR, 2.5% if you factor in FB's accuracy, and of 'course easily avoids the 2hko from Psychic.

Do you see a pattern here? Yeah he is a very good candidate for Sun teams, as Rain Dance Tornadus-T and Rock Polish Landorus just rip apart common sun teams. He also provides the sun team with a poke that can repeatedly take rain boosted water attack from Politoed, which is awesome. The moveset that would work the best in a sun team would be Volt Switch / HP Ice (to ohko Lando in sun, Genesect is covered by your other fire types anyway, and covering dragons is also huge fro sun teams) / Pain Split and in the last slot you can run any of H-Pump / Sunny Day / WoW / T-Wave / Tbolt.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Changed the EV spread and removed the bogus calcs, I apologize for those I used some weird calculator and I was rather perplexed by the results myself :) Again sorry

Let me know Pocket, I'd be willing to give the Rotom-W revamp a shot. I still believe this set warrants a spot though, due to how it plays different from the normal bulky attacker Rotom-W.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
QC team isn't this ready for approvals / rejections now? Almost one month has passed since the last comment was made...

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Joeyboy relinquished this analysis, so it would be awesome if you can include this set into your Rotom-W OU analysis, alexwolf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)