Ubers Rotom-Wash

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[SET]
name: ChestoRest
move 1: Hydro Pump / Thunder Wave
move 2: Volt Switch
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Rest
item: Chesto Berry
ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Rotom-W's typing and immunity to Ground-type thanks to Levitate allow it to check common threats in the metagame, such as Hippowdon, Corviknight, Gyarados, Galarian Darmanitan, and Excadrill without Mold Breaker. Rotom-W's immunity to Ground-type attacks in particular makes it an effective teammate for Pokemon like Zacian-C, Eternatus, and Excadrill, which are otherwise weak to Earthquake. Offensive sand-based teams especially appreciate Rotom-W's ability to switch into Gyarados. Hydro Pump allows Rotom-W to hit Ground-, Rock-, and Fire-types for super effective damage and can 2HKO physically defensive Hippowdon. Volt Switch allows Rotom-W to generate momentum for its team while also OHKOing Gyarados. Will-O-Wisp can be used to cripple physical attackers. Rest is Rotom-W's main source of healing, providing it with a little more staying power. The given EV spread maximizes physical bulk while minimizing damage from entry hazards.

Rotom-W's typing does leave it vulnerable to Grass-types, such as Ferrothorn. Its reliance on Chesto Berry to awaken after a Rest makes Rotom-W vulnerable to Knock Off users. Its bulk is not particularly outstanding, either, causing it to fold when faced with overwhelmingly powerful threats, such as Zacian and Eternatus.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[chimp, 197439]]
- Quality checked by: [[Mysterious M, 284369], [Cynara, 224455]]
- Grammar checked by: [[The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216]]

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mentioning this Pokemon checks Darmanitan, and then later saying that Darmanitan can overwhelm it is counterproductive.

Please explain the reason to run Hydro Pump on this Pokemon. What key threats does it OHKO? Exca? Hippo?

What do the 56 Speed EVs do?

This set should be running 248 HP EVs as 252 EVs mean a HP stat of 304, which is divisible by 8, and therefore increases residual damages.

The most important aspect of this Pokemon is explaining its merits as a Ground immunity. Please ensure this is sufficiently explored.

Fix these and I'll stamp.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mentioning this Pokemon checks Darmanitan, and then later saying that Darmanitan can overwhelm it is counterproductive.

Please explain the reason to run Hydro Pump on this Pokemon. What key threats does it OHKO? Exca? Hippo?

What do the 56 Speed EVs do?

This set should be running 248 HP EVs as 252 EVs mean a HP stat of 304, which is divisible by 8, and therefore increases residual damages.

The most important aspect of this Pokemon is explaining its merits as a Ground immunity. Please ensure this is sufficiently explored.

Fix these and I'll stamp.
Did my best to fix it. Let me know what you think. Changed the EVs to Sp.D since any investment in Speed dosen't seem to be that helpful in any regard, though I might be completely wrong.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The analysis says the EVs maximize physical bulk, yet physical bulk isn't maximized because 56 EVs are used in SpD for a reason that is not explained.

The merits of this Pokemon functioning as a Ground immunity still aren't sufficiently explained.

chimp

Go Bananas
The analysis says the EVs maximize physical bulk, yet physical bulk isn't maximized because 56 EVs are used in SpD for a reason that is not explained.

The merits of this Pokemon functioning as a Ground immunity still aren't sufficiently explained.
I changed the EV spread. Apologies about that, hard to test some things in regards to defensive EVs since the damage calculator isn't up yet and I am not the best with determining optimal EV spreads. Let me know if it still needs more work.

I added a line about how Rotom's Ground immunity makes it good partners with certain Ground-weak Pokemon. Is this more what you're looking for? If not, can you be a little more specific with what merits you are referring to? Thanks.

Scald allows Rotom-W to cripple physical attackers while dealing super-effective damage to Ground, Rock and Fire-types.
it doesn't learn Scald in SS. Hydro is literally the only water STAB it gets, Minority was more aiming to get damage expectations from using it rather than "why run Hydro at all".

will give it a proper read later

chimp

Go Bananas
it doesn't learn Scald in SS. Hydro is literally the only water STAB it gets, Minority was more aiming to get damage expectations from using it rather than "why run Hydro at all".

will give it a proper read later
Toxapex doesn't learn Knock Off in SS either.
Oh dang. Could've sworn I've seen those on the ladder. Updated. Hope it looks better.

PS! said:
In Gen 8, Toxapex can learn Knock Off only when obtained from:
  • Gen 7 or earlier (all moves are level-up/tutor/TM/HM in Gen 7 to 8)
Since Gen 7 to Gen 8 isn't a thing at a moment (not likely it is ever going to be) I'd say it is safe to assume it does not learn it.
Ctrl + F -> Gyarados?

Hoopas Dad

formerly Mysterious M
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would also mention thunder wave as an option over hydro pump. It helps cripple opposing mons, while pump doesnt really hit much.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Dragon Dance Tyranitar
I dont think this would get usage nor is it receiving a dragon dance set for the analyses. Remove it

Rotom-W's unique typing is only complimented by a sterling ability in Levitate, giving it all the benefits of being an Electric-type with none of the drawbacks. An unusual set of resistances and immunity to Ground-type attacks allow Rotom-W to check common threats in the metagame, such as Hippodown, Corviknight, Cinderace, Galarian Darmanitan and Excadrill without Mold Breaker.
This can be really trimmed down. Thanks to its typing and levitate it is able to check [insert metagame threats here]... etc. Previews are supposed to be bare bones to get the main points across and this is a lot of fluff

Despite being arguably the best Gyarados check the tier has to offer along with Ferrothorn there are 0 Gyarados mentions.

Please implement the above and i will review for a stamp.

chimp

Go Bananas
I dont think this would get usage nor is it receiving a dragon dance set for the analyses. Remove it

This can be really trimmed down. Thanks to its typing and levitate it is able to check [insert metagame threats here]... etc. Previews are supposed to be bare bones to get the main points across and this is a lot of fluff

Despite being arguably the best Gyarados check the tier has to offer along with Ferrothorn there are 0 Gyarados mentions.

Please implement the above and i will review for a stamp.
Updated.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Content looks fine.

Rotom-W's immunity to Ground-type attacks in particular makes it an effective teammate for Pokemon like Zacian-C, Eternatus and Excadrill
It's worth mentioning that Sand offense cores really appreciate a good Gyarados Switch in which Rotom-W provides.

QC: 2/2

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[SET]
name: Chesto Defensive ChestoRest

[SET COMMENTS]
Rotom-W's typing and immunity to Ground-type thanks to Levitate allow it to check common threats in the metagame, such as Hippodown Hippowdon, Corviknight, Gyarados, Galarian Darmanitan, (AC) and Excadrill without Mold Breaker. Rotom-W's immunity to Ground-type attacks in particular makes it an effective teammate for Pokemon like Zacian-C, Eternatus, (AC) and Excadrill, who which are otherwise weak to Earthquake. Offensive sand-based teams especially appreciate Rotom-W's ability to switch into Gyarados. Hydro Pump allows Rotom-W to hit Ground-, (AH) Rock-, (AH) and Fire-types for super effective (RH) damage and can 2HKO physically defensive Hippowdon. Volt Switch allows Rotom-W to generate momentum for its team (RC) while also OHKOing Gyarados. Will-O-Wisp can be used to cripple physical attackers. Rest is Rotom-W's main source of healing, providing it with a little more staying power. The given EV spread maximizes physical bulk while minimizing damage from entry hazards.

Rotom-Wash's Rotom-W's typing does leave it vulnerable to Grass-types, such as Ferrothorn. Its reliance on Chesto Berry to awaken after a Rest makes Rotom-W vulnerable to Knock Off users. Its bulk is not particularly outstanding, either, causing it to fold when faced with overwhelmingly powerful threats, such as Zacian or and Eternatus.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ]]

chimp

Go Bananas
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[SET]
name: Chesto Defensive ChestoRest

[SET COMMENTS]
Rotom-W's typing and immunity to Ground-type thanks to Levitate allow it to check common threats in the metagame, such as Hippodown Hippowdon, Corviknight, Gyarados, Galarian Darmanitan, (AC) and Excadrill without Mold Breaker. Rotom-W's immunity to Ground-type attacks in particular makes it an effective teammate for Pokemon like Zacian-C, Eternatus, (AC) and Excadrill, who which are otherwise weak to Earthquake. Offensive sand-based teams especially appreciate Rotom-W's ability to switch into Gyarados. Hydro Pump allows Rotom-W to hit Ground-, (AH) Rock-, (AH) and Fire-types for super effective (RH) damage and can 2HKO physically defensive Hippowdon. Volt Switch allows Rotom-W to generate momentum for its team (RC) while also OHKOing Gyarados. Will-O-Wisp can be used to cripple physical attackers. Rest is Rotom-W's main source of healing, providing it with a little more staying power. The given EV spread maximizes physical bulk while minimizing damage from entry hazards.

Rotom-Wash's Rotom-W's typing does leave it vulnerable to Grass-types, such as Ferrothorn. Its reliance on Chesto Berry to awaken after a Rest makes Rotom-W vulnerable to Knock Off users. Its bulk is not particularly outstanding, either, causing it to fold when faced with overwhelmingly powerful threats, such as Zacian or and Eternatus.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ]]
Implemented. This is done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)