Pet Mod Roulettemons [Finished Mod + Now with Random Battles!]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Approved by charizard8888 and Ludicrousity, thanks again @ both!

1574391067409.png

Banner by SuperChandler64!

In most Pet Mods, a Pokemon is added or changed because either it was voted in as a submission or the owner of the mod changed it as one of many personal changes. The whole goal of this meta is to allow RNG to create the Pokemon of this metagame while still including user input. The users will be able to discuss and then vote on one of five possible builds for each new Pokemon in the metagame.

If you would like to read the process for randomization, feel free to read about it here, though you don't have to:
  • For each Pokemon, six numbers between 100 and 255 will be randomly generated. They will be added together, and then the number 600 will be subtracted by the bigger number. This will leave you with a negative number that will be divided by six, and that number will be subtracted into five of our first six numbers. The sixth number will be obtained by taking the other five numbers, adding them together, and subtracting 600 by that number. Those will be the six stats of each Pokemon.
  • For their abilities, I got three lists of every ability that isn’t form-changing and isn’t banned from Almost Any Ability and them all get ten of each, since the generator currently makes ten Pokemon at once. Those will be the Primary, Secondary, and Hidden abilities, but I added a one in three chance that instead of giving out an ability, the secondary slot gives out “N/A.” Also, as a side note, for each set of ten Pokemon, no two of them will have the same primary, secondary, or hidden ability, so two Pokemon cannot have Sand Stream as their primary ability at once, but one can have it as their primary and the other as their hidden ability.
    • It IS possible for one Pokemon to have the same ability in two different slots, and if that ends up being the case I’ll replace it with N/A.
  • For their typings, I got two lists of every single type in the game, similar to the ability lists. They also have a one in three chance of having “N/A” instead of their secondary typing, and no two Pokemon on the current set can have the same primary or secondary typing.
    • It is also possible for a Pokemon to have the same primary and secondary typing, like Fighting/Fighting. If that is the case then the Pokemon will just be pure Fighting type, and the second one will be replaced with N/A.
  • For their movesets, I got two lists once again, but this time, one included every viable move and the other included every unviable move according to Pokemon Showdown’s teambuilder, and each Pokemon will get 20 of each selected completely at random. This discludes moves in Sketchmons’s banlist, minus Sticky Web, Lovely Kiss, and omniboosting z-moves. Every Pokemon will have two strong STAB attacks for each of their typings, one special and one physical, which will replace the first two or four moves that are given from the generator depending on whether the Pokemon is single or dual-typed. The moves I chose are listed on the sheet. They’ll also be automatically given every TM move that most Pokemon can learn, like Return, Hidden Power, Rest or Toxic.
  • All of this is done in Google Sheets.

Due to how lengthy the explanation is, I'll keep the rest short for those who read it all...

Adding Pokemon: Each Discussion Phase, I will post 5 new "builds" given out by RNG using the methods above. During this phase, you mainly should discuss how each of the builds could impact the metagame, what sets could be best for them, and so on. However, you can discuss anything about the metagame that you'd like, including Pokemon already added to the meta. The main focus is the new builds, though.

After about a week or whenever activity stops, the voting phase will begin, and there will be a few days to vote on which build will be accepted. Try your best to pick the build that you think would be the most balanced, not the most overpowered one. From time to time the generator will put out something a bit overpowered. If something ends up being too overpowered or underpowered, we will generate 5 new builds and do this exact process to try and replace the older one. You'll vote in a similar format to mods like Clean Slate with you posting your most preferred, second most preferred, and third most preferred mod in that order.

As a small note, all existing Pokemon are banned. This mod was originally made back in Gen 7, and because of that, some things were added based on their potential with Z-Moves, so Z-Moves are legal as well.

The Council:
baloon icon wip.png
DuoM2

leonard (from big bang theory)
1585020828313.png
readytolose

Spreadsheet for Randomization/The Current Pokemon: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EOA1m7JXTq7Zz0ViVI4n6lBppFjVBa4S1GqhAwkPTZQ/edit?usp=sharing. Feel free to make a copy of it to mess around with!

Spreadsheet For Randomly-Generated Teams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5ZMVzTAfJ48KQWVE7jt1S6fm7Y8DQX1tFX0-iENWiw/edit?usp=sharing. In case you don't know where to start with building teams, use this and work out the problems as you go if you have any! You don't have to use this to play the meta, though; this is just here for fun.

We now have a Discord server! Follow the invite at https://discord.gg/kqccdNB to join, and you'll be able to talk about the meta, watch replays, get announcements for tournaments and potentially draft leagues, and more!

This meta is now playable on Dragon Heaven! This includes everything. You have to use the import function to build teams, though.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Roulettemons Resources

Viability Rankings
Coming soon!

Sample Teams
Defensive Balance by readytolose
Bulky Offense by readytolose
Balance by DuoM2
Toxic Spikes Balance by Scoopapa
Veil HO by Scoopapa

Role Compendium

Setup Sweepers:
Dragon Dance: Baloon, Branwkey, Dropacle, Koatric, Specyte
Bulk Up: Bellena, Komodith
Swords Dance: Blastora, Kinesel, Ninjoth, Panthee
Coil: Blastora
Growth: Hyperoach
Nasty Plot: Skeleray
+2 Speed: Balar (Agility / Autotomize), Blastora (Autotomize), Herbigator (Rock Polish), Hyenix (Agility / Autotomize), Lemotic (Rock Polish), Toados (Unburden)
Omniboosting: Falcola (Clangorous Soul), Biceon (No Retreat), Hyperoach (Z-Conversion), Baloon (Z-Conversion), Scorpita (Z-Hold Hands)

Hazards:
Stealth Rock: Aquatopus, Balar, Bellena, Brawnkey, Biceon, Flamepion, Ramron
Spikes: Chillyte, Chillyte-Mega
Toxic Spikes: Aquazelle, Balar, Baloon, Dropacle, Glacida, Koatric, Toados, Voltarak
Sticky Web: Albatrygon, Aquatopus, Blastora, Ramron

Hazard Control:
Defog: Blastora, Eartharoo, Giranium, Ninjoth, Ostria
Rapid Spin: Albatrygon, Crazefly, Mosqung, Voltecta

Wallbreakers:
Physical: Flamepion, Herbigator, Specyte, Stuneleon
Special: Beanium, Chillvark, Kinesel, Panthee, Toados
Mixed: Hyperoach, Koatric

Choiced:
Band: Biceon, Flamepion, Flamyle, Gladiaster, Herbigator, Ramron, Rhinolite
Specs: Aquazelle, Electritar, Kinesel, Komodith, Panthee, Scorpita, Voltarak, Voltecta
Scarf: Dropacle, Flamyle, Hyperoach, Panthee, Pidgeotine, Ramron, Voltecta

Trapping:
Magnet Pull: Flamyle
Pursuit: Ninjoth

Pivoting:
U-turn: Balar, Biceon, Hyperoach, Kinesel, Panthee, Pidgeotine
Volt Switch: Barracoth, Specyte, Voltecta
Parting Shot: Blastora, Ramron

Walls:
Physically Defensive: Aquatopus, Brawnkey, Baloon, Mega Chillyte
Specially Defensive: Bellena, Crazefly, Gorilax, Lemotic, Ostria, Skeleray
Mixed Defensive: Anteros, Barracoth, Giranium, Glacida, Mosqung

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
The first dicsussion phase is up! The five builds for our eleventh Pokemon are now on the sheet, but I'll post them here as well...

Build 1
Normal/Fire
Motor Drive/No Second Ability/Emergency Exit
113, 61, 133, 91, 136, 66
Viable Moves: Double-Edge, Hyper Voice, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, Thunder Fang, Waterfall, Morning Sun, Dragon Dance, Psystrike, Petal Blizzard, Cotton Guard, Dragon Tail, First Impression, Bug Buzz, Mind Blown, Strength Sap, Eruption, Searing Shot, Play Rough

Build 2
Poison
Teravolt/Corrosion/Light Metal
118, 78, 98, 122, 66, 118
Viable Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Anchor Shot, Aromatherapy, Flamethrower, Spiky Shield, Drill Peck, Zen Headbutt, Earth Power, Super Fang, Icicle Crash, Brick Break, Acrobatics, Zing Zap, Baneful Bunker, Spirit Shackle, Core Enforcer, Draco Meteor, Ice Hammer, Hex

Build 3
Flying
Hyper Cutter/Swift Swim/Mold Breaker
131, 79, 114, 43, 147, 86
Viable Moves: Brave Bird, Aeroblast, Crunch, Psyshock, Blue Flare, Anchor Shot, Acid Spray, Aqua Tail, Leech Seed, Destiny Bond, Sludge Wave, Close Combat, Giga Drain, Lunge, Leaf Storm, Lava Plume, Rock Polish, Memento, Protect, Reflect Type

Build 4
Dragon/Dark
Honey Gather/No Second Ability/Air Lock
61, 99, 64, 145, 156, 75
Viable Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Heal Bell, Relic Song, Nature Power, Lunar Dance, Thunder Wave, Coil, Leaf Blade, Clanging Scales, Stun Spore, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, Drill Peck, Blue Flare, Recover, Encore, Power-Up Punch

Build 5
Dark
Wonder Skin/No Second Ability/Shield Dust
114, 119, 31, 58, 130, 148
Viable Moves: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Aeroblast, Bullet Punch, Psychic, Heal Order, Oblivion Wing, Calm Mind, Whirlwind, Fire Blast, Avalanche, Zen Headbutt, Earth Power, Revelation Dance, U-Turn, Hurricane, Multi-Attack, Spirit Shackle, Head Charge, Hammer Arm

Feel free to discuss all of these! I didn't include "unviable moves," chances are there might be something with a decent one of those in there. Those are on the Google Sheet. You can also post some theorymonning about the ten builds that are already in, which I will likely do later today (some of the Pokemon may need rerolled for buffs, one has a chance of being overpowered which I will likely talk with my council about rerolling next week as a sort of "quickban")

Build 1 looks neat. A defensive Fire-type is interesting, and Motor Drive giving it another immunity is nice. Hey, it's even resistant to BoltBeam. Also, it has Strength Sap, and we all know that Strength Sap is the best move in history.

Build 5's neat too. Weird, but still neat. It has excellent Special Defense and Speed, as well as good HP and Attack. Its Defense is terrible, though. It gets Multi-Attack, which is pretty cool, even if it has to run an otherwise-useless Memory to use it.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
With no stealth rock present build 1 definitely seems like the current strongest defensive Pokémon. Offensively none of them outside of 140 SpA Hydreigon seems notable, and even that might not really break through the fat mons present

Build 1 @ Leftovers
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Searing Shot
- Hyper Voice
- Substitute

build 1 seems very good as a bulky attacker, because of high powered STABs and access to reliable recovery

Build 2 @ Normalium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hold Hands
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Build 2 @ Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Core Enforcer
- Earth Power

Build 2 can be run as a setup sweeper or as a strong attacker

overall i think that all of them are very decent, except for 3. Being a pokemon with high defensive stats, but without a good support movepool and a Stealth Rock weakness, 3 will probably have a tough time in the metagame

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I think Build 2 is the most fun out of the bunch. Not as min-maxed stat-wise (if you can call something randomly generated min-maxed) but has a more cohesive movepool.
Build 1 has Dragon Dance, lots of bulk and reliable recovery, meaning it will always have an opportunity to set up, but only 61 Attack and 66 Speed. 91 Special Attack is better, and its Special movepool is more solid, but it has no special set-up moves. As a purely defensive Pokemon, it has Toxic, Morning Sun/Strength Sap, Dragon Tail, and... That's it. All the other moves are offensive-focused, meaning Build 1 will be quite predictable as a defensive option. With "P4" and "P10" already around, two very solid defensive Pokemon able to set Stealth Rocks, Build 1 will have trouble as a bulky/defensive Fire type. "P10" also has STAB Liquidation to deal with it.
Meanwhile Build 2 has Poison/Ground/Dragon/Fire options, which is pretty sick (see Naganadel), and you can choose between Draco Meteor or Core Enforcer. It has a fast Corrosion Toxic so that might give it a niche. Corrosion Baneful Bunker is a nice combination as well, and Hex makes this weird combo even better. Unfortunately it has no special set-up moves like Build 1. So far only "P8" is a threat to Build 2, with its high special bulk and STAB Psycho Boost.

Figured I'd give some thoughts on the current roster, as they're pretty important for choosing who to add.

This is probably the best mixed attacker of the bunch. 147 / 133 / 147 offenses is superb. Mixed attacking seems strong at the moment if you look at how lopsided the defenses are on the walls. Unfortunately it's mono-Electric type, it doesn't get much attacking coverage, and it's defenses are paper thin. Fusion Bolt / Superpower / Surf / Boomburst seem like its most likely attacks. It could run Toxic Spikes and Taunt with a Focus Sash, too. It's the second fastest pokemon, too, so a Life Orb set could murder almost everything right now, aside from P6 the GOAT.

A Poison-themed Normal/Water type that I can only assume is a platypus. It has 122 SpA and 137 Spe ( 3rd fastest so far ), as well as pretty decent bulk. It's special movepool includes Steam Eruption, Frost Breath, Thunderbolt, Fusion Flare, and Grass Knot. It's only setup move is Forest's Curse, which hilariously enough causes things to resist most of its movepool, and it gets Toxic Spikes, which it could probably set pretty well. It's weak to the three Electric types but none of them can switch in well. 122 SpA isn't that high comparatively but Steam Eruption is a very strong STAB and it has good mixed bulk to stand out from other attackers.

One of the only physical attackers so you may as well go with it. It gets Crunch / Poison Jab / Sacred Fire as Sheer Force moves, and then you have HEAD SMASH and a sizeable HP stat to soften the recoil. It's only working with 99 Atk, but Sheer Force and Head Smash give it power. It has titanic Def and one of the most balanced defensive spreads so far. Unfortunately, it lacks recovery and has a very bad defensive typing, so I think it will stick to being a fast, bulky attacker. It gets Z-Hold Hands to boost all its stats, which seems to be the only way anything boosts so far.

So this has 143 / 144 / 37 defenses and Intimidate. It also gets Sacred Fire. The support movepool looks pretty interesting: Stealth Rock, Nature's Madness, Metal Burst, Spiky Shield, Yawn - this guy really appeals to a certain kind of player.

Mixed attacker with a fantastic movepool and dual STAB, which are big advantages over P1. Too bad it's pretty frail and has 86 Spe ( 2nd slowest so far ). It can switch in on some of the fatmons and definitely threatens everything, so it counts as a wall breaker. It doesn't get much to work with in terms of Prankster, aside from Z-Hold Hands, Trick or Nature Madness.

95 / 135 / 75 defenses, Natural Cure, Defend Order, good Fire moves in V-Create and Blue Flare, one day having Slush Rush + Aurora Veil useable... did I mention it's a mono Ice type?

This guy has really good 138 SpA and 136 Spe, a nice STAB combo, and good enough SpD to challenge P9. It can't do much else outside of Defog and recovery.

This has the honor of the being on the only really specially fat pokemon right now, and the only spinner. It's physical defense it so low that not even Lunge and Beak Blast will save it. It does have Wish and Roost to keep it alive. It also has a lot of potential as a mixed attacker due to its strong offenses and STAB Psycho Boost, as well as really good coverage moves on both sides of the spectrum. I think this might have temporary niches due to the lack of special and mixed walls, but will probably go away due to its typing as more stuff enters the tier. Also if the idea of that huge HP, that tiny Def, the Bug typing and the ability Gooey bring any disturbing images to mind, then, well, you're welcome.

This is a very notable special attacker with 130 SpA and 173 Spe. Its Steel / Electric typing and one strong defense should let it get switch in opportunities. Its coverage includes Blue Flare, Surf, and Energy Ball, and Psychic, and it can set up with Celebrate.

It's the Sticky Web setter! Right now at least. Sticky Web is as likely as Stealth Rock to appear so that niche might not last long. It also gets Stealth Rock, Sacred Fire, reliable recovery, and a bunch of other good physical moves. Its type doesn't do it many favors in this environment and its stats aren't stellar, but it has potential as a bulky water.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
P 10 (yes, my bad) seems rather annoying to face, with access to hazards and the potential to burn pretty much everything with the combo Flame Body + Sacred Fire.

Also, I was wondering: Are there gonna be slates where we get to give some kind of flavor to the winning Builds? Because I'm pretty sure that calling everything "Build x" will be getting kinda confusing when many builds will have been elected.

Last edited:
Current Slate: The Current Slate is Discussion. The possible builds for the new Pokemon are as follows...
Build 1
Normal/Fire
Motor Drive/No Second Ability/Emergency Exit
113, 61, 133, 91, 136, 66
Viable Moves: Double-Edge, Hyper Voice, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, Thunder Fang, Waterfall, Morning Sun, Dragon Dance, Psystrike, Petal Blizzard, Cotton Guard, Dragon Tail, First Impression, Bug Buzz, Mind Blown, Strength Sap, Eruption, Searing Shot, Play Rough

Build 2
Poison
Teravolt/Corrosion/Light Metal
118, 78, 98, 122, 66, 118
Viable Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Anchor Shot, Aromatherapy, Flamethrower, Spiky Shield, Drill Peck, Zen Headbutt, Earth Power, Super Fang, Icicle Crash, Brick Break, Acrobatics, Zing Zap, Baneful Bunker, Spirit Shackle, Core Enforcer, Draco Meteor, Ice Hammer, Hex

Build 3
Flying
Hyper Cutter/Swift Swim/Mold Breaker
131, 79, 114, 43, 147, 86
Viable Moves: Brave Bird, Aeroblast, Crunch, Psyshock, Blue Flare, Anchor Shot, Acid Spray, Aqua Tail, Leech Seed, Destiny Bond, Sludge Wave, Close Combat, Giga Drain, Lunge, Leaf Storm, Lava Plume, Rock Polish, Memento, Protect, Reflect Type

Build 4
Dragon/Dark
Honey Gather/No Second Ability/Air Lock
61, 99, 64, 145, 156, 75
Viable Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Heal Bell, Relic Song, Nature Power, Lunar Dance, Thunder Wave, Coil, Leaf Blade, Clanging Scales, Stun Spore, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, Drill Peck, Blue Flare, Recover, Encore, Power-Up Punch

Build 5
Dark
Wonder Skin/No Second Ability/Shield Dust
114, 119, 31, 58, 130, 148
Viable Moves: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Aeroblast, Bullet Punch, Psychic, Heal Order, Oblivion Wing, Calm Mind, Whirlwind, Fire Blast, Avalanche, Zen Headbutt, Earth Power, Revelation Dance, U-Turn, Hurricane, Multi-Attack, Spirit Shackle, Head Charge, Hammer Arm
In the underlined sentence, do you imply that we can only talk about the specified builds or we can talk about all 'mons on the sheet?
The posts above me seem to be taking from the sheet rather than the current slate. I'm just asking because I would like to make some thoughts on the builds, but this is confusing: do I post thoughts on all 10 or just the 5 stated?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
In the underlined sentence, do you imply that we can only talk about the specified builds or we can talk about all 'mons on the sheet?
The posts above me seem to be taking from the sheet rather than the current slate. I'm just asking because I would like to make some thoughts on the builds, but this is confusing: do I post thoughts on all 10 or just the 5 stated?
The first 10 were chosen by him and are final. Out of the current 5, the user base will vote and choose only one, to become the 11th Pokemon in the roster. I think you can talk about both, especially when they're relevant to choosing the new Pokemon.

Just for clarification, P1-10 refers to the 10 original randomly generated pokemon that currently are in the metagame, and Build 1-5 are the 5 options we have for what will be the 11th pokemon in the metagame. I absolutely agree with Gravity Monkey that we will want to name these things moving forward if we are to have any chance to keeping them straight. In the meantime, we should be careful not to confuse the P's with the Builds, or we will confuse the crap out of everyone.
Build 10 seems rather annoying to face, with access to hazards and the potential to burn pretty much everything with the combo Flame Body + Sacred Fire.
For instance here he is referring to P10, not Build 10. Hope this helps.

Edit: There are such things online as random pokemon name generators, something like that might be fun to use.

DuoM2

whao
First things first, I’d like to say that my council for this mod for now is going to be me, Brodaha, and leonard (from big bang theory). Both have consistently shown their interest for Roulettemons ever since I first posted the idea in the Pet Mods Discussion thread, and they both have done good work as council members in Clean Slate before, so I saw them both as perfect fits here.

I felt like I should at least talk about some concerns people have had so far, even if I still can't change everything without consulting my new council just yet...

The biggest concern I've been seeing is that this is all a bit confusing, between "Builds" and P(Number) names, and though I didn't see it as that way at first, that's because I run the mod. I can absolutely see where you all are coming from, and though my initial plan was to allow people to submit Fakemon designs and names for these, that would probably take a while and you'd still have to remember the number of everything that doesn't have a Fakemon which is still part of the issue. We're still talking about what to do to fix this, one idea that Leonard put out was that we could attach a random Pokemon to each build to make them all easier to remember than just a number, though I haven't even heard of Pokemon name generators and that would be something for me to look into, since that would still allow users to submit designs which would be pretty fun. Expect this issue to be fixed soon.

As for a few smaller issues... I made some of the pages' names make more sense, like for example, the name "Randomized Pokemon" doesn't really tell you much, so I changed it to say "Randomized Pokemon Examples." I made myself more clear with the OP's section on the Discussion phase as well. I also changed a few of the automatically given moves so they're a tad bit more even, I tried my best to aim for accurate moves between 80-100 base power with no huge drawbacks, though you can't always get moves like this. I swapped Double-Edge for Strength (you get Return anyways), Flare Blitz for Blaze Kick, and Brave Bird for Drill Peck.

I'm sorry about all of the errors, and I really appreciate you all being so vocal about this. Makes me feel better that I can fix a lot of the mistakes you all have with this thread. If you have any more or if there's something I simply forgot to mention here, then please let me know.

Now for my thoughts on the five builds...

Build 1 looks pretty nice, for somewhat obvious reasons. It has really good overall stats for a purely defensive role alongside some pretty nifty moves, like Strength Sap, Dragon Tail to somewhat alleviate its passiveness, and Searing Shot which basically acts like a slightly stronger Fire-type Scald. Out of the ten Pokemon we currently have, I can see AT LEAST seven viably wanting to run something that happens to hit it super effectively in a vacuum, with five of those having STAB on said moves. The weakest one of these is P9's Surf, and assuming it's Life Orb, it 2HKOs with minor chip if they're invested in HP/Def, and does 34-41% if they're invested in HP/SpD. It can take a Thunderbolt into Surf even with Stealth Rock up assuming this is Specially Defensive. However, this is all against the Pokemon that probably threatens it the least of the seven I mentioned, and it could find a lot of opportunities where it takes a STAB move into Super Effective coverage. This on top of it being weak to hazards could make switching in pretty tough for it but it could be nice if it finds it. I think this one's probably gonna be perfectly fine, possibly even on the "underwhelming" side but I'm not positive.

Build 2 looks the most like a Pokemon made by Game Freak statwise and that's a really good sign. Fire and Ground coverage complement its STAB Poison moves really nicely, and I could see it having an effective Choice Specs set that would function similarly to Tapu Koko's in OU where it can kind of break down its usual checks given you use prediction and maybe conditioning to your advantage, but one thing that concerns me is that its Speed tier isn't too great next to most of the current offensive threats in the tier and it could struggle against offense unless it ends up seeing use in a Scarf set as well. Overall looks pretty good.

Build 3 will likely go onto the field and just do nothing during most games where it'd be used. It has Leech Seed and can spread burns with Lava Plume, but outside of that, it has next to nothing. It has Transform which could be kind of interesting considering its pretty high HP, but that honestly seems more like a gimmick than anything else. I'm definitely not voting for this.

Build 4 looks interesting but it's kinda tough to gauge how good it'll be since we have one part Psychic special wall and two Pokemon that may be able to run a SpDef role but only if the meta really calls for it. Even so I don't think anything we have yet walls a Choice Specs Clanging Scales from this, though we may get a defensive Fairy or Steel it has the coverage to power through those as well. It also has some fun options like Toxic Spikes from all the switches it can force, Lunar Dance for if it sees use on offensive teams, and recovery which kinda speaks for itself. An issue I currently have with it is that given the metagame is currently more specially-oriented, and given it's so specially bulky, it may be very easy for it to switch in on something and either threaten stuff with its immediate power or use Recover just about for free. It'll likely still have to take a hit before attacking no matter what regardless, so I feel like it's a bit strong right now.

Build 5 looks weird compared to the rest of this week's builds. I first thought it would look interesting as a bulky attacker with Crunch/Hammer Arm/U-Turn/Multi-Attack, probably as a solid cleaner or something, then I noticed just how good its special bulk is and thought it could make an okay specially-defensive wall...but its movepool has like zero options for that minus Heal Order. It could do best as a sort of special tank or pivot, maybe with the moves listed before with Heal Order, meant to pivot in on special hits that the team may struggle to take otherwise and annoy faster mons with its still decently strong attacking moves. A fully invested Life Orb STAB Surf off of Base 120 SpAtk has basically no chance of 2HKOing something uninvested, and I could imagine investment being put into special bulk if the meta calls for it. I can easily see this being a pretty solid Pokemon.

Personal favorites are Builds 2 and 5, and I could easily see Builds 1 or 4 getting in too. I'm pretty against 3 though.

Unrelated to anything else in this post, but I also thought I'd thank you all for all the discussion and support in this thread. It makes me very happy to check Smogon and see all of this!

First things first, I’d like to say that my council for this mod for now is going to be me, Brodaha, and leonard (from big bang theory). Both have consistently shown their interest for Roulettemons ever since I first posted the idea in the Pet Mods Discussion thread, and they both have done good work as council members in Clean Slate before, so I saw them both as perfect fits here.

I felt like I should at least talk about some concerns people have had so far, even if I still can't change everything without consulting my new council just yet...

The biggest concern I've been seeing is that this is all a bit confusing, between "Builds" and P(Number) names, and though I didn't see it as that way at first, that's because I run the mod. I can absolutely see where you all are coming from, and though my initial plan was to allow people to submit Fakemon designs and names for these, that would probably take a while and you'd still have to remember the number of everything that doesn't have a Fakemon which is still part of the issue. We're still talking about what to do to fix this, one idea that Leonard put out was that we could attach a random Pokemon to each build to make them all easier to remember than just a number, though I haven't even heard of Pokemon name generators and that would be something for me to look into, since that would still allow users to submit designs which would be pretty fun. Expect this issue to be fixed soon.

As for a few smaller issues... I made some of the pages' names make more sense, like for example, the name "Randomized Pokemon" doesn't really tell you much, so I changed it to say "Randomized Pokemon Examples." I made myself more clear with the OP's section on the Discussion phase as well. I also changed a few of the automatically given moves so they're a tad bit more even, I tried my best to aim for accurate moves between 80-100 base power with no huge drawbacks, though you can't always get moves like this. I swapped Double-Edge for Strength (you get Return anyways), Flare Blitz for Blaze Kick, and Brave Bird for Drill Peck.

I'm sorry about all of the errors, and I really appreciate you all being so vocal about this. Makes me feel better that I can fix a lot of the mistakes you all have with this thread. If you have any more or if there's something I simply forgot to mention here, then please let me know.

Now for my thoughts on the five builds...

Build 1 looks pretty nice, for somewhat obvious reasons. It has really good overall stats for a purely defensive role alongside some pretty nifty moves, like Strength Sap, Dragon Tail to somewhat alleviate its passiveness, and Searing Shot which basically acts like a slightly stronger Fire-type Scald. Out of the ten Pokemon we currently have, I can see AT LEAST seven viably wanting to run something that happens to hit it super effectively in a vacuum, with five of those having STAB on said moves. The weakest one of these is P9's Surf, and assuming it's Life Orb, it 2HKOs with minor chip if they're invested in HP/Def, and does 34-41% if they're invested in HP/SpD. It can take a Thunderbolt into Surf even with Stealth Rock up assuming this is Specially Defensive. However, this is all against the Pokemon that probably threatens it the least of the seven I mentioned, and it could find a lot of opportunities where it takes a STAB move into Super Effective coverage. This on top of it being weak to hazards could make switching in pretty tough for it but it could be nice if it finds it. I think this one's probably gonna be perfectly fine, possibly even on the "underwhelming" side but I'm not positive.

Build 2 looks the most like a Pokemon made by Game Freak statwise and that's a really good sign. Fire and Ground coverage complement its STAB Poison moves really nicely, and I could see it having an effective Choice Specs set that would function similarly to Tapu Koko's in OU where it can kind of break down its usual checks given you use prediction and maybe conditioning to your advantage, but one thing that concerns me is that its Speed tier isn't too great next to most of the current offensive threats in the tier and it could struggle against offense unless it ends up seeing use in a Scarf set as well. Overall looks pretty good.

Build 3 will likely go onto the field and just do nothing during most games where it'd be used. It has Leech Seed and can spread burns with Lava Plume, but outside of that, it has next to nothing. It has Transform which could be kind of interesting considering its pretty high HP, but that honestly seems more like a gimmick than anything else. I'm definitely not voting for this.

Build 4 looks interesting but it's kinda tough to gauge how good it'll be since we have one part Psychic special wall and two Pokemon that may be able to run a SpDef role but only if the meta really calls for it. Even so I don't think anything we have yet walls a Choice Specs Clanging Scales from this, though we may get a defensive Fairy or Steel it has the coverage to power through those as well. It also has some fun options like Toxic Spikes from all the switches it can force, Lunar Dance for if it sees use on offensive teams, and recovery which kinda speaks for itself. An issue I currently have with it is that given the metagame is currently more specially-oriented, and given it's so specially bulky, it may be very easy for it to switch in on something and either threaten stuff with its immediate power or use Recover just about for free. It'll likely still have to take a hit before attacking no matter what regardless, so I feel like it's a bit strong right now.

Build 5 looks weird compared to the rest of this week's builds. I first thought it would look interesting as a bulky attacker with Crunch/Hammer Arm/U-Turn/Multi-Attack, probably as a solid cleaner or something, then I noticed just how good its special bulk is and thought it could make an okay specially-defensive wall...but its movepool has like zero options for that minus Heal Order. It could do best as a sort of special tank or pivot, maybe with the moves listed before with Heal Order, meant to pivot in on special hits that the team may struggle to take otherwise and annoy faster mons with its still decently strong attacking moves. A fully invested Life Orb STAB Surf off of Base 120 SpAtk has basically no chance of 2HKOing something uninvested, and I could imagine investment being put into special bulk if the meta calls for it. I can easily see this being a pretty solid Pokemon.

Personal favorites are Builds 2 and 5, and I could easily see Builds 1 or 4 getting in too. I'm pretty against 3 though.

Unrelated to anything else in this post, but I also thought I'd thank you all for all the discussion and support in this thread. It makes me very happy to check Smogon and see all of this!
After this, I'll write up some thoughts on the builds but, why did you change the moves? Flare Blitz, Double Edge and Brave Bird are all very solid moves on a Pokemon. The "drawbacks" issue is not really something to worry about. 33% recoil should be only worrying if the user OHKOs and is at or less than 1/3 of their own health. Plus, Blaze Kick over Flare Blitz? It has a 90% accuracy, and if you used Steam Eruption or HJK, that 10% is still important.

Very nice defensive mon, with both abilities able to help it. Emergency Exit, despite forceful switch outs, is useful if the opposing 'mon can 2hko this tank. Morning Sun, Strength Sap, Dragon Tail are all very nice moves. To tell if this is a exceptionally good tank, is if it gets access to Defog/Rapid Spin and Toxic. Cotton Guard + Strength Sap is a deadly combo, probably unbreakable Physically. Hyper Voice and Eruption is a nice STAB combo.

Holy f---, this is awesome. Corrosion + STAB Poison? Slap Toxic, Venoshock and go wild. Wait, what's this? It also gets Hex? Then all you need is HP Ground and you instantly sweep everything. IT GETS EARTH POWER. YOU LITERALLY DESTROY EVERYTHING. This bad boy doesn't even need to abuse Corrosion. Use Teravolt, slap a Scarf, and use Sludge Bomb, Earth Power and SPIRIT SHACKLE. In theory, this 'mon is amazing. In practice, I don't know. If I had to vote for one, it would probably be this one. At the time of writing this though, this is the best.

This, this is a weird one. Pure Flying type, but no Roost. Many and wonderful Physical and Special moves, but no Atk or SpA. Nice HP, good Def and very high SpDef, but only recovery is Leech Seed. This is my least favorite. There is so much that mismatches that it just doesn't fit as something that makes sense.

This is a nice one. Not the best, but not the worst. I see a very nice meme set with Coil and Physical moves. No way to boost speed, but if running Coil, no need to. Defense goes up, but SpDef is already gigantic. You're gonna need a Play Rough to get through any of that. Air Lock is a nice ability, but really only good against weather teams.

I checked it out, and funnily enough, it's abilities work together nicely. Unfortunately, only possible in Pokebilities. Shield Dust prevents only secondary effects, but Wonder Skin halves the accuracy of only status moves. I could see a possibly viable SpA set with Calm Mind and then all those Special moves. But now to address the real issue I know you're worried about. 148 Base Speed. May I remind you, 31 Def. Dark Type. Literally, a U-Turn from anybody will kill it. Trust me, it's fine. It just a worse Zeraora. Dark, poor Def, not a lot of Physical moves. It's not overpowered. Might be overused if put into the meta, but it'll blow over within 6 months to a year.

Now, I also wanted to add something. What I wanted to ask was: what about TMs? Does your generator account for those? Or do we also decide on those? I would rather not say each Build gets every single TM. That would upset the balance on some of the 'mons. Just some familiar moves (Hyper Voice > Echoed Voice) and moves most 'mons get (HP, Return, Protect). Also, I thought about it, and do not alter what comes out the generator. In any way. If something is overpowered, let the community decide. If by the 1 in 1 quadrillionth chance we get a >100 in each stat, Poison/Dark, Wonder Guard 'mon, let us vote on it. IF it gets passed, then we can quickban. But I don't think the community would vote for that. We aren't stupid, we would not want to go up against that. Trust your community.

Also, can you keep the builds? Maybe make a new worksheet called "Past Builds". Don't even number them, just add the leftovers of whichever one isn't voted. It'll just be for archiving reasons. I could even set it up if needed.

I'll give my initial thoughts on some of the already chosen Pokemon to hopefully help the discussion on the current Builds.

This is really the definition of glass cannon, with amazing mixed offensive stats and speed but a truly terrible 24 base HP. It's abilities are also pretty much useless in every scenario unless you're running Overgrow + Magical Leaf to hit ground types. It does have a pretty great movepool to fulfill it's mixed attacker role. Dragon Dance could be an interesting move on it but would probably be tough to pull off due to it's paper-thin defenses and lack of Memento or Dual Screens to help it set up.
Interesting mon, pretty fast and decently bulky but not a great Attack stat. Sheer Force will definitely help with that, boosting STAB Crunch, Sacred Fire, and maybe Thousand Waves?
I like this one. Even though it's speed is below average, it has great physical bulk which becomes even better with Intimidate. Unfortunately, it has ery low special bulk so it can't be a great all-around wall. I think a Dragon Dance set is likely to boost the low attack and middling speed. It has access to good physical moves like STAB Close Combat, Sacred Fire (to punish physical attackers even more), and Thunder Punch.
This one is interesting because its slow and not particularly bulky, but has the second highest Attack stat and also unresisted coverage with Pixilate. It also has Thousand Arrows and Nature's Madness, both interesting moves.
This looks like a pokemon Gamefreak would make, because it's a mediocre ice type! It has some interesting things going for it like Grassy Surge to boost Seed Bomb and access to V-create, but I think a stealth rock weakness and being the slowest pokemon won't help it at all. Its attacking stat isn't anything special either which is bad considering its good coverage and weak-ish STAB.
This seems like a pretty good Special attacker. It has Secret Sword to hit special walls and also is the only thing with Defog so far. Ground/Normal is a pretty cool STAB combo in general, so I think this should perform well thanks to good Spe and SpA.
Another lopsided bulky mon! This could be a pretty decent tank due to its access to recovery, Rapid Spin, and good offensive stats. This definitely suffers from its Stealth Rock weakness and 4MSS, but I think it'll split into offensive sets to use great coverage and defensive sets to use the good support movepool. Overall a good mon, even though it's a little slow.
Looks like a good offensive mon with a blazing speed and great SpA. Interesting STAB combination when using fire coverage in Blue Flare. Sadly it can't really use Pixilate effectively due to its low attack and no good special normal moves.
This would probably just be a hazard lead because it has Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. It could also just be a really bulky defensive mon in P6s Grassy Terrain with Grass Pelt and 183 base Defense, as well as reliable recovery.
Sorry that these are so short, didn't have much time to put them together. Also keep in mind that this is all theorymon and can turn out to be really wrong later.

DuoM2

whao
Shorter post, so I won't hide most of it, but there's a few more new things...

First off, all Fakemon have names now, all thanks to a random name generator provided by Scoopapa in Discord! The new names are as follows...

P1 (Electric Mixed Attacker) - Koatric
P2 (Normal/Water Special Attacker) - Aquazelle
P3 (Rock/Dark Physical Attacker) - Salamalix
P4 (Fighting Physical Wall) - Brawnkey
P5 (Electric/Poison Mixed Attacker) - Stuneleon
P6 (Ice Physical Wall) - Chillyte
P7 (Normal/Ground Special Attacker) - Eartharoo
P8 (Bug/Psychic Special Wall) - Crazefly
P9 (Steel/Electric Special Attacker) - Electritar
P10 (Water Physical Wall) - Aquatopus

Build 1 (Normal/Fire Mixed Wall) - Elephire
Build 2 (Poison Special Attacker) - Scorpita
Build 3 (Flying Mixed Wall) - Falconium
Build 4 (Dark/Dragon Special Attacker) - Doomoda
Build 5 (Dark Special Wall) - Hyenou

I also felt like I'd answer all of the questions in this post too...

After this, I'll write up some thoughts on the builds but, why did you change the moves? Flare Blitz, Double Edge and Brave Bird are all very solid moves on a Pokemon. The "drawbacks" issue is not really something to worry about. 33% recoil should be only worrying if the user OHKOs and is at or less than 1/3 of their own health. Plus, Blaze Kick over Flare Blitz? It has a 90% accuracy, and if you used Steam Eruption or HJK, that 10% is still important.

Now, I also wanted to add something. What I wanted to ask was: what about TMs? Does your generator account for those? Or do we also decide on those? I would rather not say each Build gets every single TM. That would upset the balance on some of the 'mons. Just some familiar moves (Hyper Voice > Echoed Voice) and moves most 'mons get (HP, Return, Protect). Also, I thought about it, and do not alter what comes out the generator. In any way. If something is overpowered, let the community decide. If by the 1 in 1 quadrillionth chance we get a >100 in each stat, Poison/Dark, Wonder Guard 'mon, let us vote on it. IF it gets passed, then we can quickban. But I don't think the community would vote for that. We aren't stupid, we would not want to go up against that. Trust your community.

Also, can you keep the builds? Maybe make a new worksheet called "Past Builds". Don't even number them, just add the leftovers of whichever one isn't voted. It'll just be for archiving reasons. I could even set it up if needed.
I changed the moves because the power difference between, say, Double-Edge and Return makes Double-Edge a significantly better move. I'm trying to make things as close as possible between the different types. As for TMs, each Pokemon only gets the TM/tutor moves directly listed in their movepool plus the moves most Pokemon get (I wrote all of those down in the sheet, should be under a tab called "Automatically Given STAB Moves + Universal Moves.")

As for the abilities, I spoke about this with the council and two of the three of us agreed that it would probably be fine if we added them back, and I'll both put the abilities back into the generator and create a "rejected builds" tab on the sheet next discussion phase. On that note, voting stage is up, and you can vote for your first, second, and third favorite builds now. Just put your first, second, and third favorite options down like this in a post by itself...

Hyenou, Scorpita, Elephire

Make sure you check the hide above or the Google Sheet for the names!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)