Pet Mod Roulettemons [Finished Mod + Now with Random Battles!]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Well, it's been about a week and a half since this was first made playable. I'll probably wait another week until I resume slates. I have a few things to show for now though...

First off, we have a new banner! Pretty large image so I'm going to hide it, but this was made by my friend SuperChandler64! He's not on Smogon, so I'm going to link his Twitter instead.

1574372515231.png

As for the rest, I'm going to talk a little bit about what I think about the meta and how good certain Pokemon are. I still don't feel super experienced, so take my word with a grain of salt here.

If I were to choose what I think the three most defining Pokemon of the metagame were, it'd probably be Komodith, Giranium, and Flamepion. Giranium has great stats and a really nice typing as well as the ability to use many different kinds of sets effectively, although I think bulkier sets are better because more offensive sets don't do particularly well against things like Gorilax or Komodith. Komodith is a fantastic breaker thanks to its good bulk and good defensive typing, as well as Bulk Up, dual STABs, and Earthquake, although it struggles with Brawnkey and (I think) Aquatopus and is pretty slow. Flamepion has a really threatening offensive presence thanks to its good offensive typing and nice movepool. I know it can run a Spirit Shackle + Toxic set to break down things like Baloon or a Choice Band set for a better wallbreaking presence, but these two sets both have their own specific counters and neither likes hazards or status. Another possible top metagame threat could be Electritar, but I think I'm just not that good at using Pokemon like this.

Some other wallbreakers I think are good are Toados, Pidgeotine, and Chillvark, but I don't really know what to say about them because they just have really good coverage that can make them difficult to switch in on. I've tried running Grassy Seed + Bulk Up Toados with Unburden and Chillyte support, but it seems like a gimmick at best; although Toados itself might be a nice Pokemon if you invest some into Defense and get to +2, I still don't think Chillyte is very good. I will also mention that Hyperoach still seems really interesting to me even if not tested much, I think Swords Dance + Z-Explosion sets and Desolate Land Growth + Z-Conversion sets both might have a place, although I've not tested the latter at all and I haven't been able to get good use out of Flamyle to support the former. Like Electritar, it might be me being bad at using them, but it might be the Pokemon itself.

Some other defensive threats here are Baloon, Brawnkey, Gorilax, and Voltecta. I feel like Baloon and Brawnkey are the best straight physical walls of the meta, although Voltecta has the best offensive presence of the three (still not the best but its coverage is nice) and it makes for a better pivot than a hard wall. I think specially defensive Gorilax will be better than physically defensive, even if I haven't tested both. Its movepool isn't that good but things like Lunge and Wish can be nice to have. I feel like Glacida and Mosqung both deserve a mention here as well even if I've never tested them. Glacida has the best raw bulk in the metagame and a friend tells me it's a very good hard wall, but I'm skeptical because it doesn't switch in well at all on many of the Pokemon I've mentioned earlier like Chillvark, Komodith, and Flamepion. It might make for a solid offensive tank though. Mosqung has fantastic bulk on both ends of the spectrum, but from a match I saw between two friends, an Electritar switched in on Strength Sap and the Mosqung barely healed anything at all. I haven't seen it being used that much, but that alongside its big weakness to hazards might make things a lot harder for it.

The two biggest Mega candidates of the Pokemon I've tested might be Anteros and definitely Chillyte. There aren't many scenarios where I would find myself wanting to use Anteros over Giranium, except for maybe either a Stall team or a team that needs a less Fighting-weak or Ground-weak Steel. While the Stall teams thing is actually a legitimate niche, there aren't many Fighting-types and Ground-types that it really changes the matchup with (maybe Eartharoo and probably Glacida). It definitely has a place but I'm not sure if its niche is very big. Grassy Terrain might make Chillyte not completely worthless, since its physical bulk actually is pretty good if you can get past its bad typing, so it does well against stuff that can't hit it super effectively like many Stuneleon, Pidgeotine, and Ninjoth variants, although that seems highly specific and I'm not sure if Grassy Terrain is that good for Stall teams.

I want to close out this post saying again that my experience here is pretty limited, although I do plan on playing more this weekend. There are some Pokemon that I don't really know much about that might end up being great in the metagame, like Rhinolite, Voltarak, Ninjoth, Kinesel, and Hyenix. Some of the Pokemon I think are bad might have a lot more use than I thought at first, and there might be something I didn't notice about something I said was good here that would make it a lot worse. Either way, I need to test more to get a better opinion of this meta, but for now, this is what I have.

DuoM2

whao
Alright, it's been two weeks since this meta became playable. Something I had kind of forgotten about when the two week testing period started is that Gen 8 was going to come out during that time, which lead to me not testing this meta as much as I want to, but the meta will still be playable so I can always go back to test more things.

Anyways, this will be the first slate for Gen 8, and I felt like I'd do something a bit special for this. This slate will be our first mega slate! I'll be giving a mega evolution to Chillyte this time because while it's not the worst Pokemon, its niche is way too specific for me to see it on many teams. It mostly seems to be outclassed by the many other Ice-types we have (especially Glacida) in the roles it can perform, whether it'd be as a fully defensive Pokemon, a tank, or a wallbreaker, and I don't think having Grassy Surge or a pure Ice typing instead of Ice/Fighting will be enough to differentiate it from the others.

This will work similarly to existing slates. There will be five choices as usual, with there being a discussion and voting stage that works almost the exact same: vote for the most balanced one. If they're all too broken or not good enough, instead of their being a "none" option, there will be a "remove Chillyte" option to take it out of the metagame entirely. It's also worth mentioning that all megas will get three new moves, because I know a few Pokemon (like Squirtle) got new moves for their megas and some of them will need new moves to back a new typing. They'll also have a letter at the end of their names so it's easier to tell them apart, but this will be removed if one gets voted in.

With that out of the way, here are the options...

Mega Chillyte P
Ice/Ground
Screen Cleaner
95/120/167/121/87/110
(0, +10, +32, +20, +12, +26)
New Moves: Earthquake, Acid Spray, Obstruct
(Chillyte already learns Earth Power)

Mega Chillyte K
Ice
Aftermath
95/150/188/114/67/86
(0, +40, +53, +13, -8, +2)
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Autotomize, Darkest Lariat

Mega Chillyte J
Ice
Magma Armor
95/119/148/147/106/85
(0, +9, +13, +46, +31, +1)
New Moves: Fire Blast, Dragon Dance, Play Rough

Mega Chillyte C
Ice
Blaze
95/163/173/84/49/136
(0, +53, +38, -15, -26, +56)
New Moves: Night Slash, Body Press, Moongeist Beam

Mega Chillyte A
Ice
Dauntless Shield
95/101/192/134/79/99
(0, -9, +57, +33, +4, +15)
New Moves: Defend Order, Spikes, Pursuit

I have a few more smaller things to say before I end off the post. First off, this is a Gen 8 Mod, but I'm not going to allow Dynamaxing and I'm going to keep Z-Moves and Megas as they are if at all possible. There were some Pokemon chosen specifically for Z-Moves, Megas are nice to buff Pokemon that need it, and Dynamaxing is extremely broken, so I'm going to keep things as they are now if possible aside from adding new moves and abilities. I'm also keeping Toxic as a universally-learned move for a similar reason. The other thing I have to say is that later, I'm going to make the spreadsheet look a lot nicer at some point today! A lot of things will look somewhat similar to this...

1575043131856.png

Not all sheets are gonna look exactly like this, but this gets the general idea across. With that out of the way, though, discussion phase on the Mega Chillytes has begun!

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
All of the Mega Chillytes outside of P and A seem very mediocre. A is my personal favorite, gives off the vibes of an even better Avalugg. Shame it doesn’t get Body Press, but Spikes makes it a pretty good utility physical wall. Also, the ability+stat boosts match up too well

Mega Chillyte P: A good all around buff makes Chillyte a solid foe to face. What's more, access to Screen Cleaner means it can remove the effects of Reflect and Light Screen, giving it the power to take on Pokemon that rely on the screens to set up, especially with an adding Ground typing.
Mega Chillyte K: Very defensive, it discourages physical mons from coming in to kill it, especially with Aftermath and Grassy Surge on it. It's also really strong, with coverage like Wild Charge and V-Create. Autotomize also makes its mediocre Speed stat a non-issue. Even with a terrible defensive typing, probably not smart to make this the Mega.
Mega Chillyte J: Most likely to use its new Dragon Dance move for the speed, as it's pretty strong on the special side, and with coverage like Earth Power, Blue Flare, and Grass Knot, it's not at a loss for options. In exchange, its ability is impossibly useless, being Magma Armor on an Ice type. Not my first choice, but decent.
Mega Chillyte C: So, you know how we can break an Ice type? Give it 136 Speed, 163 Attack, access to powerful options like V-Create and Wild Charge on top of Icicle Crash, and, here's the best part, 173 Defense Body Press. You don't even need to invest in Defense to turn Body Press into a powerful coverage option. Oh yeah, and even though its ability isn't the greatest, the move that would be getting boosted is the greatest, so probably not a good idea.
Mega Chillyte A: Wow, talk about an absolute Defense! 95/192 with a +1 Defense from the ability are not numbers you're just ignoring, and with passable SpD, good SpA, and recovery in the form of Moonlight, you're pretty much set. You can even run Scald to fish for Burns and make yourself even more invincible on the physical side. Not bad at all.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Mega Chillyte P is pretty amazing, considering Ice/Ground is the best new typing it could've asked for. It already gets Wild Charge, and Ice/Ground/Electric is an unresisted combination. Can go mixed with its STABs, and other options include Sucker Punch, V-Create/Blue Flare or Grassy Surge boosted Seed Bomb/Grass Knot. Obstruct is not half bad for a Pokemon that doesn't get set-up moves and could be used to break physical tanks. Screen Cleaner is pretty niche though. 110 Speed is kinda meh for this meta though

Mega Chillyte K is nice for Autotomize and 150 Atk, but even then its mediocre typing holds it back. It'll be hard to use Autotomize as a mono Ice, even with pseudo-Lefties in the form of Grassy Terrain from base. Plus, all of the top 5 highest Defense mons resist Ice, and it can't boost itself in any way to break them. Not looking good.

Mega Chillyte J would be good if its +46 SpA boost went into... literally any other stat. Continues to be a mediocre mon even with DDance.

Mega Chillyte C is interesting. 136 Speed puts it in the top 5 fastest mons. 163 Attack gives it the 2nd highest physical Attack, with physical BoltBeam+Blaze boosted V-Create, or Grassy Surge boosted Seed Bomb. Then there's 173 Defense Body Press. Broken? Maybe, but it's worth testing because of its poor type defensively, meh ability and not being able to hold items, leaving it to be revenge killed by many Scarfers.

Mega Chillyte A: Seems kinda too good and meta-defining but probably balanced. Bad defensive type, but starts with Grassy Surge for passive healing, has 95/192/79 with +1 Def, with Moonlight and Scald. Can set Spikes for free on any physical attacker. Lastly, 134 SpA is probably enough for it to not be a passive Pokemon. Despite all this, it has trouble with special attackers.

DuoM2

whao
Alright, before I say anything else, I want to elaborate on a set I briefly mentioned in my long post about the metagame...

Hyperoach @ Normalium Z
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (Speed can probably be optimized)
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Conversion
- Growth
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power [Fire]

Haven't tested yet but on paper this looks fantastic. All of the things that hard counter Hyperoach traditionally, being Steel-types and Ghost-types, lose pretty badly to this set. Every Steel-type in the meta is weak to Earth Power except for Anteros which is gonna need Toxic if it really wants to do anything back to this, and both of our Ghost-types have a secondary typing to make them weak to Earth Power. Stuff like Giranium and Voltecta might make for pretty good setup bait for Growth as well thanks to this thing's great special bulk and its change in typing. Ice Beam has nice neutral coverage and hits stuff like Pidgeotine, Hidden Power Fire hits Glacida, and both hit things like Mosqung and Ostria. On top of this, it might struggle to set up against some teams thanks to its pretty bad initial typing, low Speed, and low physical bulk, and its Speed stat is so low that even at +1 it has no way of outspeeding Electritar. Overall looks to be a very promising set on paper, but not everything works as well on paper as it does in practice, and there might be some things I'm missing.

That's all I really wanted to say about that. This meta has a bunch of stuff that I don't think has had enough testing yet, and among all of them I think Hyperoach interests me the most. Back to what I originally was going to post about, voting here has now started! Make sure you remember that if you want to vote for "none," you would just vote "remove Chillyte" instead.

DuoM2

whao
Something pretty important I forgot to change before starting voting is that Chillyte already knows Defend Order, and that one of Mega Chillyte A's learned moves is Defend Order. I didn't notice this at all, so I didn't reroll it before the voting slate. Since I just remembered to, I figured I'd make a small update saying the new move in its place is Heat Wave, which is just as useless as learning Defend Order twice because it already has Blue Flare.

I'm going to end voting on Friday, most likely. See you then!

DuoM2

whao
Alright, so it looks like Mega Chillyte A won the votes! I'm adding that to the spreadsheet after I'm done with this post.

As for other megas, I don't really know what I would do next. I've tested many of the Pokemon in the metagame, but I don't strongly feel like any others should get a mega right away. Anteros came close but my testing was during Gen 7, and since Teleport kept its LGPE buffs, that might end up helping to relieve a lot of its passivity and might make it a better pivot than Giranium. I'm not completely closed off to the idea of having another mega slate soon, though.

Now for the next slate (hope you're ready for even more Electric types!)...

Glasorb
Ghost/Electric
Forewarn/No Second Ability/Simple
75/29/135/100/151/110
Viable Moves: Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Fusion Bolt, Thunderbolt, Low Kick, Body Slam, Grav Apple, Shadow Force, Tail Slap, Rock Blast, Wild Charge, Detect, Power Whip, Autotomize, Multi-Attack, Toxic Spikes, Drill Run, Milk Drink, Hyper Voice, Bulk Up
Other Moves: Toxic Thread, Take Down, Octazooka, Magnetic Flux, Struggle Bug, Signal Beam, Feint Attack, Dizzy Punch, Echoed Voice, Ice Ball, Psychic Terrain, Revenge, Barrier, Meteor Assault, Ion Deluge, Poison Fang, Absorb, Twister, Force Palm, Razor Wind

Marshabura
Ground/Water
Serene Grace/No Second Ability/Flare Boost
146/71/125/117/109/32
Viable Moves: Earthquake, Earth Power, Waterfall, Surf, Petal Dance, Endeavor, Spikes, Glare, Roost, Revelation Dance, Aromatherapy, Shadow Force, Night Shade, Core Enforcer, Fusion Flare, Slack Off, Super Fang, Wish, Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon
Other Moves: Eerie Impulse, Floral Healing, Water Gun, Frenzy Plant, Arm Thrust, Chip Away, Iron Defense, Forest's Curse, Sweet Scent, Snarl, Steel Wing, Flail, Powder, Snore, Mind Reader, Mega Kick, Quick Guard, Silver Wind, Fake Tears, Bite

Electramel
Electric/Rock
Prism Armor/Steelworker/Volt Absorb
74/157/32/108/147/82
Viable Moves: Fusion Bolt, Thunderbolt, Stone Edge, Power Gem, Spiky Shield, Horn Leech, Revelation Dance, Aeroblast, Apple Acid, Wild Charge, Core Enforcer, Psychic Fangs, Hurricane, Spacial Rend, Sunsteel Strike, Explosion, Superpower, Seed Flare, Heat Wave, Endeavor
Other Moves: Scary Face, Hold Hands, Branch Poke, Vice Grip, Acid, Lovely Kiss, Poison Tail, Secret Power, Constrict, Quick Guard, Psych Up, Spit Up, Submission, Heat Crash, Octazooka, Work Up, Water Pulse, Trick-or-Treat, Powder Snow, Mimic

Pengite
Ice
Telepathy/Snow Warning/Tinted Lens
112/139/80/63/144/62
Viable Moves: Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Fusion Bolt, Perish Song, Spiky Shield, Quick Attack, Clanging Scales, Wood Hammer, Counter, Hone Claws, Strength Sap, Liquidation, Revelation Dance, Sticky Web, Clear Smog, Shadow Claw, Aura Sphere, Light Screen, Seismic Toss, Power-Up Punch
Other Moves: Lock-On, Wrap, Mystical Fire, Frost Breath, Belch, Cross Poison, Rock Smash, Snatch, Instruct, Bide, Rock Climb, Dream Eater, Rototiller, Bubble Beam, Psychic Terrain, Smack Down, Octazooka, Snap Trap, Conversion, Dizzy Punch

Bellena
Fairy/Dragon
Dark Aura/Weak Armor/Overcoat
96/147/101/90/112/54
Viable Moves: Play Rough, Moonblast, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Destiny Bond, Bulk Up, Energy Ball, Night Shade, Thunder Fang, Shadow Bone, Magma Storm, Bolt Beak, Psychic Fangs, Searing Shot, Spirit Shackle, Foul Play, Stealth Rock, Roost, Diamond Storm, Hone Claws
Other Moves: Fury Swipes, Throat Chop, Ice Ball, Metronome, Low Sweep, Electric Terrain, Dragon Rush, Shell Trap, Flame Wheel, Sludge, Parabolic Charge, Charge, Swift, Powder, Metal Burst, Double Kick, Muddy Water, Submission, Spit Up, Iron Tail

That's about it! Discussion phase has begun!

DuoM2

whao
Gonna have a shorter post about my thoughts here, since I'm somewhat busy this weekend. I don't want Glasorb, Electramel, or Pengite because we have 5 Electric types and 8 Ice types. That's way too much. That leaves only two Pokemon.

Marshabura looks scary. I haven't been able to do calcs for much, but this thing's STAB combo looks really good in this meta. There aren't many Grass-types in the meta so I feel like any Ground-type we get is bound to be scary. Of the Grass-types we have though (Herbigator and Ostria), I think both will absolutely destroy Marshabura unless it chooses to run like HP Flying or something. I think some Flying-types like Pidgeotine and Mosqung might be able to beat it as well, as well as possibly Crazefly. I dunno about stuff that just has raw bulk like Glacida, Crazefly and Gorilax, Flare Boost might make it able to break through these but I dunno. I haven't even mentioned that this thing has insane bulk that might push it over the edge; I don't think a Pokemon needs to be as strong as it is while also being bulky, setting Spikes, being immune to Toxic etc.

Bellena also looks really good. What seems like an obvious comparison to me is Komodith but I think they'd be different enough. Like for example, Komodith has a better defensive typing (in my opinion) that might allow it to set up easier, while Bellena has recovery even if I don't know if it would want to fit it on every single one of its sets. This thing would want Play Rough for sure, and probably Submission to break through Steels since it literally has no other way of hitting them, but it has a lot of flexibility in its last slots between Roost, Stealth Rock, Bulk Up, and Dragon Claw to hit Poisons I guess. I can't see this thing doing too well against Baloon or Anteros (which gets a buffed Teleport by the way), and it might not do too well against Aquatopus or Komodith either depending on who gets in first.

I honestly want to see what more people think of these two. As mentioned before I haven't really done any calcs, and there may be something crucial I'm missing. Either way that's all for this post, I may be starting voting in a day or two so I'll see you all then!

-Glasorb seems kind of outclassed by the plethora of other Electric types in the meta, even including Voltecta, another Ghost/Electric. The best it can probably do is run Simple Autotomize, but even then, it still doesnt deal that much damage. It also gets Toxic Spikes, but it is slower than Koatric and Aquazelle, who also get it.

-Similar story for Electramel. While it has a good set of abilities, it's speed is a bit lacking for an attacker. It also has a high Special Defense, but it has a very bad support movepool and it's other defensive stats are lacking.

-Like Duo said, there are just too many Ice types for Pengite to be deserving of a spot. While it does have a niche as a Hail and Sticky Web Setter, it doesn't really do much besides that. Despite having a very good physical movepool, it is too slow to be a strong breaker. It does have decent bulk, but it is outclassed by (Mega) Chillyte, Glacida, and Barracoth as a bulky Ice type.

-While the meta is lacking Ground types (only Eartharoo and Rhinolite), Marshabura seems a bit too powerful. It has a very good defensive type combination, along with a stellar support movepool, with Recovery, Hazards, Glare, High HP Wish, and Night Shade/Super Fang. However, it would be the slowest pokemon in the metagame, with only 32 base speed. It is also lacking in the ability department, with it not having enough options for Serene Grace, and Flare Boost does not seem that good on a Defensive Pokemon.

-Bellena would be a much safer pick than Marshabura in my opinion. It gives the meta another Dragon (besides Komodith), and our third Fairy. Like Marshabura, it is a bit lacking in it's abilities, with Dark Aura only boosting Throat Chop, and Overcoat not helping out too much as there is no Sand or Hail setters as well as no users of Spore, but Weak Armor could be situationally useful to help increase it's low speed. Also like Marshabura, it has an amazing movepool, including Bulk Up, Roost, Stealth Rock, as well as good STABs and Coverage options.

tldr
-Bellena is the best pick
-Marshabura is a bit op
-the other three are outclassed

DuoM2

whao
Not really much to say from me this time around, you all may now vote. Voting will most likely end on Friday.

DuoM2

whao
Alright, so the winner of that slate was Bellena, who will be added to the spreadsheet shortly.

As for the next slate...

Spikey
Rock/Fairy
Aftermath/Heatproof/Parental Bond
31/118/104/93/130/124
Viable Moves: Stone Edge, Power Gem, Play Rough, Moonblast, Drill Peck, Swords Dance, Fake Out, Dragon Claw, Bolt Beak, Brick Break, Sky Uppercut, Techno Blast, Mach Punch, Clangorous Soul, Obstruct, Foul Play, Crunch, Anchor Shot, Toxic Spikes, Zen Headbutt
Other Moves: Lovely Kiss, Pound, Forest's Curse, Spite, Toxic Thread, Teeter Dance, Electro Ball, Floral Healing, Iron Defense, Steamroller, Leaf Tornado, Snap Trap, Crafty Shield, Aqua Ring, Skill Swap, Nightmare, Iron Tail, Celebrate, Mat Block, Bite

Magicish
Psychic
Torrent/Emergency Exit/Ice Body
106/126/84/156/56/72
Viable Moves: Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Drill Peck, Thunderbolt, Fire Lash, Head Charge, Bullet Punch, Power Gem, Shadow Force, Ice Beam, Psycho Boost, Bonemerang, Ice Punch, Endeavor, Rock Blast, Blue Flare, Light of Ruin, Earthquake, Strength Sap, Obstruct
Other Moves: Charm, Stomp, Breaking Swipe, Camoflauge, Prismatic Laser, Sonic Boom, Future Sight, Fury Attack, Incinerate, Fire Spin, Fury Cutter, Secret Power, Mirror Shot, Constrict, Fury Swipes, Ice Burn, Hold Hands, Horn Attack, Electro Ball, Pay Day

Megos
Normal
Speed Boost/No Second Ability/Overcoat
134/131/97/57/113/68
Viable Moves: Strength, Hyper Voice, Rapid Spin, Roost, Discharge, Shadow Sneak, Techno Blast, Toxic Spikes, Hex, Sky Uppercut, Bulk Up, Moonlight, First Impression, Flamethrower, Snipe Shot, Fusion Bolt, Knock Off, Trick, Stun Spore, Dragon Dance
Other Moves: Magnetic Flux, Aurora Beam, Mirror Move, Fire Pledge, Electro Ball, Heal Pulse, Throat Chop, Assurance, Sing, Bubble, Worry Seed, Peck, Frenzy Plant, Scratch, Constrict, String Shot, Hail, Flash, Mirror Shot, Bug Bite

Skelyte
Poison/Ghost
Telepathy/Turboblaze/Poison Point
108/59/106/177/88/62
Viable Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Leaf Storm, Sacred Fire, Relic Song, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, Hurricane, Apple Acid, Encore, Head Charge, Fleur Cannon, Spirit Break, Gear Grind, Slack Off, Thunderbolt, Night Shade, Drum Beating
Other Moves: Sky Drop, Swagger, Branch Poke, Bubble, Sing, Cotton Spore, Fury Attack, Poison Gas, Smart Strike, Meteor Assault, Magnetic Flux, Leer, Electrify, Dynamic Punch, Howl, Simple Beam, Venoshock, Absorb, Bubble Beam, Mirror Coat

Falcola
Water
Propeller Tail/Flower Veil/Overgrow
116/52/92/114/119/107
Viable Moves: Liquidation, Surf, X-Scissor, Snipe Shot, Encore, Iron Head, Ice Hammer, Outrage, Draco Meteor, Discharge, Relic Song, Clangorous Soul, Thunder Fang, Drill Peck, Cross Chop, Fire Lash, Heat Wave, Energy Ball, Icicle Spear, Steam Eruption
Other Moves: Heart Stamp, Pound, Octazooka, Lock-On, Retaliate, Screech, Dark Void, Noble Roar, Grass Pledge, Helping Hand, Leer, Double Hit, Razor Wind, Amnesia, Storm Throw, Hypnosis, Spike Cannon, Vital Throw, Entrainment, Psycho Shift

On top of this, we have new designs for Flamepion and Chillyte!

Flamepion.png
Flamepion (Shiny).png
- This is the Flamepion design, made by myself. I was looking for stuff to base this off of when I saw that people sometimes call Chinese paper lanterns "lampion" and I felt that fit this perfectly. I can imagine this having some Pokedex entry where people hung up these lanterns to keep ghosts out of town during festivals, but the ghosts just came and possessed the lanterns and made things worse. Still not certain on the shiny, let me know if that needs improvement.

Chillyte (By Cookie).png
- This is Chillyte, both design and spritework by Cookie Butter (thanks again for making this!). This was originally based around being a mini-Regigigas, which was more obvious when the sprite had foliage on the shoulders rather than the fists, but they ended up getting moved and replaced with icicles. The reason for the Grass on a pure Ice-type was to give Grassy Surge a bit more of a meaning.

That's about it. I'm already working on a Gladiaster sprite, so I may post a sprite for that in one of my next posts if I'm happy with my result. Discussion phase has begun!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)