Round 71 & 72 Tutee Tournament - Finals [Won by Double01]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the signup thread of the tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for rounds 71 and 72 and were tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program signup thread will be allowed to participate. If we get more, however, I will consider increasing the number of participants. Also, please note that this is a BW OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during rounds 71 and 72). For reference:

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 (BW OU) played on the Smogon Server of the Pokemon Online simulator.
  2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
  3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.
  • Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Wifi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all BW games.

Signups (13)

• Lunatic Lies
  • Emi
  • Stex
  • Double01
  • herewegoagain
  • BROStime
  • Rwhite84
  • FireMage
  • Hyperbeem
  • askjeevs
  • Level 51
  • Asek
  • MultX
  • relaunched
Round 1

Emi vs relaunched
askjeevs vs Asek
FireMage vs Double01
MultX vs Rwhite84
Level 51 vs Lunatic Lies
Hyperbeem vs BROStime
Stex vs herewegoagain

Round 2

Double01 vs herewegoagain
Asek vs Rwhite84
Hyperbeem vs relaunched
Level 51 vs bye

Semi Finals

relaunched vs Double01
Level 51 vs Rwhite84

Finals

Double01
vs Rwhite84

Username: Lunatic Lies
Pokemon Online Username: Contrail
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, anytime after 4 PM during the week, and pretty much anytime on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: Learned BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Like music, soccer, and basketball. Been playing competitively for about a year or so, and I wanted some help with teambuilding, editing, and prediction.

Username: Emi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Emilet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. 6pm onwards
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've dabbled in competitive pokemon a couple times but always got frustrated and discouraged. I'm hoping with the guidance of an experienced player I'll be able to overcome these obstacles and become a competent battler eventually being an active part of the community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course

Username:Stex
Pokemon Online Username:Stex
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GTM +1,italian
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a italian battler,i love play pokemon since i'm a child but for my unluck when i joined PO,DPP was finish so i hope learn it whit a tutor
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course

Username: Grimsly
Pokemon Online Username: Grimsly
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10, pretty much if I'm not at work, I can be on lol.
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers!
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I enjoy playing ofc and meeting/talking to other great players is always fun. I enjoy music and sport, and am currently enjoying the greatest gap year of my life! Hope to brought on board with someone! :)
Willing to do tutee talks: Of course!

Username: herewegoagain
Pokemon Online Username: fail.epic (PS)*
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5 pm – 10 pm EST most days, can adapt schedule somewhat if necessary.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a freshman in college. I’ve started playing Pokémon since the first generation games came out. (I still have them lying around somewhere back home.) About 2 years ago, one of my friends who was really good at competitive battling introduced me to this site. I was overwhelmed by the whole process at first but I have decided to give it another shot. Having said that, I’m pretty new to competitive battling but I am definitely eager to learn all that I can, if it means making me better at competitive battling, especially team building. :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

*I changed my username on PS...sticking with this one now.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: BROStime
Pokemon Online Username: BROStime
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 available nearly all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Im guy who loves to skate and snowboarding, but also love pokemon.

Username:Rwhite84
Pokemon Online Username:-Rwhite84
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 2:30-10
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokemon for about a year and a half now, I've been able to pick up on essentially every tier but OU, I tend to prefer PO but I can PS if required, I tend to avoid stall teams since I have ADD, I like using creative sets to stallbreak such as golurk. I'm online essentially all day, my other main interests are football (hence my name), and 80s rock music, and military/war subjects.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username FireMage/Bland/Limited
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - Fairly accommodating of all timezones.
What tier do you want to learn?: (Preference order) BW(2) UU/RU/OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I look forward to improving my game, whether it's in a new tier or improving team-building in a tier I've played previously. I'm a fairly laid back guy with a myriad of different interests.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Username: Hyperbeem
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hyperbeem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (All day weekends, weekday evenings)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive for four years but I need a refresher on DPP. I like tennis.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Fosho

Username: askjeevs
Pokemon Online Username: Jeevs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - Mornings (before 4) and Evenings (after 11)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Die hard hockey fan. I've been taught my Funkasaurus and I can't wait to test my might!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Username: Level 51
Age: 14.73972602739726027397260273972602... (as of day of post) [that is, Mar 6 2013]
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Level 51
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, 5~7pm. From 19-22 March I'll be free probably 10 to 10 ^_^
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty average Singaporean high-school equivalent student. Being a dabbler, I'd like to become (at least somewhat) experienced with all the tiers, and I've covered most of the ground except for OU, Ubers, and LC. Hence this application which you are reading now.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Username: Asek
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Asek
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+11, varies usually 4:30-10:30PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't played in 4 months and I need somebody to help me get up to speed.

Username: MultX
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mult, MultX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+4, 7:00PM-1:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am long-time pokemon competitive player, but last time I took a long hiatus from the game. I want to participate in this, I believe, fantastic program to find out what I'm missing and how to fill this. OU and Ubers are the tiers I love. BTW, I am also fond of Pokemon TCG and I am russian.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Reason to be tutored (under 25 posts): I have so low post count because I don't feel myself to make good-quality contributions to Smogon, but hope after this program I will think better in the game.

Username: relaunched
PO/PS! Nickname: Both relaunched
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, 12 PM-12 AM
What tier do you want to learn? DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently taking a break from school, and especially like to read, do math, play Scrabble and cook.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yeah.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Round 1

Emi vs relaunched
askjeevs vs Asek
FireMage vs Grimsly
MultX vs Rwhite84
Level 51 vs Lunatic Lies
Hyperbeem vs BROStime
Stex vs herewegoagain

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
oh in as a sub i guess
Username: Double01
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Double01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central timezone available 6-10pm during week days all day during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pokemon
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Sir has agreed to be my tutor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)