move 2: Acrobatics
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Head Smash
item: Flying Gem
ability: Defeatist
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Archeops takes the role of an Anti-lead, as well as a hit and run attacker with this set
  • Taunt prevents leads such as Smeargle and Uxie from setting up Stealth Rock
  • Acrobatics is Archeop's main STAB attack, as it is reliable, accurate and powerful with no drawbacks
  • U-turn allows Archeops to switch out of its counters such as Steelix and maintain momentum
  • Head Smash is used as a powerful last resort attack, dealing a large amount of damage to Pokemon such as Slowking, and still hits fairly hard in Defeatist range. The recoil and accuracy suck though
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Earthquake/Earth Power could be used for Steel-types
  • Stealth Rock is viable, although Archeops rarely has time to set it up
  • Functions great on offensive and volturn teams due to its ability to prevent Stealth Rocks from being setup and being able to maintain momentum
  • Magneton is a great partner, as it able to defeat a majority of common Steel- and Water-types that generally give Archeops trouble, as well as maintain momentum
  • Druddigon is also a great partner, as it can setup Stealth Rock, defeats the Water- and Electric-types that Archeops attracts, and is able to lure and defeat a majority of Steel-types with Flamethower

Last edited by a moderator:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I think it'd be easier to just add a blurb about Taunt and leading with Archeops in the AC of the current Flying Gem set that's onsite. If you want to provide that little blurb in this thread that'd be fine, but I really don't think it should be its own set tbh.

I think it'd be easier to just add a blurb about Taunt and leading with Archeops in the AC of the current Flying Gem set that's onsite. If you want to provide that little blurb in this thread that'd be fine, but I really don't think it should be its own set tbh.
I personally think that the way this set plays is different enough from the standard offensive set to warrant its own individual analysis, but I'm fine with Taunt receiving a mention in the Other Option section of Archeops's analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)