Project RU Best Next Thing (Cycle 21: Gardevoir)

Status
Not open for further replies.
congratulations GustavoYAY for winning cycle 12!! your set will be added to the hall of fame.

Cycle 13: Entei!
entei has proven to be a dominant force in ru ever since it dropped last month. while overshadowed by mienshao and mega houndoom initially, entei found its chance to shine after it was suspect tested and allowed in the tier. what broken sets will this cycles innovators create?

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
Entei @ Grassium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Rock

Milotic and Mega Blastoise are two of the biggest thorns in Entei's side. This set lures them in while Entei sets up with Calm Mind. Both are 1HKO'd by Bloom Doom after a Calm Mind. Fire Blast is for STAB. HP Rock is mainly for Moltres and Araquanid. It's also worth noting that Bloom Doom has a chance to 1HKO Araquanid after Stealth Rocks at +1.

Katy

Banned deucer.
220px-244Entei_PSMD.png

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

Assault Vest that boi.
I like this set alot it can tank moves way easier as its spdef isnt the highest. Flame Charge to boost your speed by +1. Sacred Fire for the 50% burns, which cripples down every physical attacker and they fear the switchin into Sacred Fire. Bulldoze and Edge are coverage moves against the likes of Mega Ampharos, Drapion and Moltres.

Firium Entei

Entei @ Firium Z
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- WoW

What we have here is an Entei that drop Sacred Fire in order to use:
(1) a STABbed Fire attack coming from 120 base power;
(2) or a Z-WoW, which raises Entei's Atk by +1. This boost is really nice with moves like Extreme Speed that can pick some KOs.

What I really like about WoW is the in-battle effect of burn (ideal to discourage switchins with 85% chance to connect instead of 50%) and the added +1 Atk in order to stallbreak. The 6% damage is useful to break random Sashes and to scout random Leftovers.

Last edited:
A better tweak at Special CM Bloom Doom Entei:

Entei @ Grassium Z
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

The debatably best switch ins for Entei are Mega-Blastoise, Milotic and Gligar. You can lure in all three of them and destroy them with a +1 Bloom Doom or HP Ice in Gligars case (After Rocks). You want to run a speed boosting Nature to outspeed Pokemon CB Entei can't outspeed and threaten it like Roserade and Yanmega after a bit of chip on Entei. Also you Speedtie with Base 100 mons like Shaymin and non Scarf Flygon and threaten to OHKO them. Of course you want to run Shiny to make you opponent believe you are the standard CB E-Speed Entei.

A better tweak at Special CM Bloom Doom Entei:

Entei @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

The debatably best switch ins for Entei are Mega-Blastoise, Milotic and Gligar. You can lure in all three of them and destroy them with a +1 Bloom Doom or HP Ice in Gligars case (After Rocks). You want to run a speed boosting Nature to outspeed Pokemon CB Entei can't outspeed and threaten it like Roserade and Yanmega after a bit of chip on Entei. Also you Speedtie with Base 100 mons like Shaymin and non Scarf Flygon and threaten to OHKO them. Of course you want to run Shiny to make you opponent believe you are the standard CB E-Speed Entei.
Dude you're basically stealing his set, but just changing one coverage slot and one STAB. I dont think OP mentions it, but I thought we always sticked to a rule of first come, first serve.

Entei @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect
- Lava Plume

really surprised that no one nommed vintei so here it is lol. obviously still shiny to surprise the opponent and making them think its the standard cb set. anyways, pressure is an insanely good ability for this set cause u can just pp stall common answers to entei like diancie, ampharos, hydro pump blastoise, and gligar. the spread I run creeps base 90's like rose and melo but you could go higher or lower depending on the team. vintei struggles a lot vs milotic though, so be sure to pack something like toxicroak or kingdra with it.

now for the voting stage:

I've decided to include BelmontGabriel's set as well, though I won't be as lenient with very similar sets in the future. Katy, please remember to include relevant calcs because otherwise, av entei sounds like a very questionable set, even for best next thing's standards. I'll accept it for now but be more careful of this in the future.

Entei @ Grassium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power Rock

Milotic and Mega Blastoise are two of the biggest thorns in Entei's side. This set lures them in while Entei sets up with Calm Mind. Both are 1HKO'd by Bloom Doom after a Calm Mind. Fire Blast is for STAB. HP Rock is mainly for Moltres and Araquanid. It's also worth noting that Bloom Doom has a chance to 1HKO Araquanid after Stealth Rocks at +1.

Entei @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

Assault Vest that boi.
I like this set alot it can tank moves way easier as its spdef isnt the highest. Flame Charge to boost your speed by +1. Sacred Fire for the 50% burns, which cripples down every physical attacker and they fear the switchin into Sacred Fire. Bulldoze and Edge are coverage moves against the likes of Mega Ampharos, Drapion and Moltres.

Entei @ Firium Z
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- WoW

What we have here is an Entei that drop Sacred Fire in order to use:
(1) a STABbed Fire attack coming from 120 base power;
(2) or a Z-WoW, which raises Entei's Atk by +1. This boost is really nice with moves like Extreme Speed that can pick some KOs.

What I really like about WoW is the in-battle effect of burn (ideal to discourage switchins with 85% chance to connect instead of 50%) and the added +1 Atk in order to stallbreak. The 6% damage is useful to break random Sashes and to scout random Leftovers.

Entei @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Entei @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect
- Lava Plume

really surprised that no one nommed vintei so here it is lol. obviously still shiny to surprise the opponent and making them think its the standard cb set. anyways, pressure is an insanely good ability for this set cause u can just pp stall common answers to entei like diancie, ampharos, hydro pump blastoise, and gligar. the spread I run creeps base 90's like rose and melo but you could go higher or lower depending on the team. vintei struggles a lot vs milotic though, so be sure to pack something like toxicroak or kingdra with it.

my own vote goes for smeargle's offensive grassium z entei. remember to vote by monday!

edit: make your enteis shiny!!

Last edited:
congrats to me for winning cycle 13 lol

Cycle 14: Registeel!
after being eclipsed by bronzong throughout most of usum, registeel is making a comeback after the resurgence of drapion. its solid typing and excellent bulk make it a great hazard setter, but is that all registeel can do in ru? its up to this cycle's innovators to find out!
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

CroRegisteel
This set aims to act as a wincon instead of the usual hazard setting. It retains the ridiculous special bulk while also boosting it’s defense against special attackers that can’t break it. Rest in general gives Registeel a lot more longevity, which is a slight issue with the standard set. Some nice perks include beating Taunt Missy, threatening out Trick Gardevoir, and not being forced to Rest early via Toxic.

Assault Vest Registeel

Registeel @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Here we have an AoA set with the aid of Assault Vest, which allows us to tank some unexpected hits on the special side.
Seismic Toss is a solid choice because it avoids the detrimental effect of burns.
Iron Head is STABbed and SlideQuake combination is here for coverage towards many Flying and Fire types that may think they are safe.
The nature chosen is the Careful -and not Calm- one because we need to preserve our Atk. The EVs spread is standard.

Two examples:
252 SpA Life Orb Moltres Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Registeel: 166-198 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 45.3% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Registeel Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 188-224 (58.5 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

248 SpA Salazzle Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Registeel: 116-140 (31.8 - 38.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Registeel Earthquake vs. 8 HP / 0 Def Salazzle: 344-408 (123.2 - 146.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

we rlly only got 2 submissions smfh.. :pirate: be more creative next time!!:psygrump::psygrump:

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Confide
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Protect

inspired by blissey in ubers, confide lets u 1v1 cm psychic types much better like meloetta, rocky helmet espeon, specs/cm garde, sigilyph, and it also helps with synthesis rose and non taunt variants of noivern (although its pretty uncommon).

im not accepting av registeel, sorry.

voting options:

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

CroRegisteel
This set aims to act as a wincon instead of the usual hazard setting. It retains the ridiculous special bulk while also boosting it’s defense against special attackers that can’t break it. Rest in general gives Registeel a lot more longevity, which is a slight issue with the standard set. Some nice perks include beating Taunt Missy, threatening out Trick Gardevoir, and not being forced to Rest early via Toxic.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Confide
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Protect

inspired by blissey in ubers, confide lets u 1v1 cm psychic types much better like meloetta, rocky helmet espeon, specs/cm garde, sigilyph, and it also helps with synthesis rose and non taunt variants of noivern (although its pretty uncommon).

my vote goes for curse regi.

and fwiw here are some regi sets that couldve been posted: http://pokepast.es/cd26650c8e045e88:psygrump:

Last edited:
congrats Jmash324 for winning cycle 14! your set will be added to the hall of fame.

Cycle 15: Goodra!
despite being somewhat overshadowed by the numerous other dragon-type pokemon in ru like noivern, its great bst, decent ability and a good movepool allow it to pull off several sets, making it an unpredictable foe to face. will this cycle's new sets be able to make goodra even more versatile than it is already?
Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Goodra @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

Scarf Goodra
Choice Scarf Goodra serves the purpose of being a revenge killer that the opponent might not expect, which may play in your favor (i.e. +2 Salazzle staying in to try to OHKO with Z-Sludge Wave). It has ample coverage for many of the faster threats running around such as Noivern, Virizion, and +1 Gatr. The given moves provide great coverage, although Ice Beam can be an option over Thunderbolt, but Thunderbolt hits Moltres, notably the SubRoost set.

252 SpA Goodra Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 220-261 (70.7 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Goodra Draco Meteor vs. 8 HP / 0 SpD Salazzle: 286-337 (102.5 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Goodra Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Virizion: 170-202 (52.6 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Goodra Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Entei: 238-282 (64.1 - 76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Goodra Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ninetales: 187-222 (65.1 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Goodra Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 202-238 (52.7 - 62.1%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
0be4270c-aff7-4bc6-bac6-81342fa4e473.jpg

**artwork by me**

Goodra @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Tail / Thunderbolt / Muddy Water / Ice Beam

Not gonna lie, I loved LOVED Assault Vest Goodra in XY. This set was designed so Goodra can hit as hard as it can while being as bulky as possible. Probably a pretty underrated counter to Salazzle, as it survives +2 Acid Downpour and retaliates back with Draco Meteor. This set is pretty simple. Draco Meteor is STAB. Fire Blast hits Steels. Sludge Bomb for Fairies. The last one is up to you. Dragon Tail to phase, Thunderbolt is nice for Milotic, Mega Blastoise, and Mandibuzz, Muddy Water can threaten Salazzle, Gligar, and Entei, and Ice Beam for Gligar, ZyDoge, and Mandibuzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)