RU RU Ladder Tour - Playoffs (Swiss) Round 3

GoldCat

BOSSARU CUP WINNER
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a defending SCL Champion
RULT.png

Welcome to the official RU ladder tour (RULT), where qualified ladder players will get a chance to compete amongst themselves to earn points for the RU Circuit Playoffs. We are now starting the first stage of the playoffs phase, where the 32 qualified players will battle each other in a swiss bracket to see who moves on to the top 16. Players continue playing in this swiss stage until they have won or lost two matches. This is a Type B tournament.

Tour Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SV RU tournament.
  • Best of three, swiss tournament.
  • Matchups are randomized and not based on seeds.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown (main or smogtours).
  • All matches are to be played in [Gen 9] RU. If a ban or unban to the tier occurs during a round, the change will take effect as of the following round.
  • Replays are required, if you don't post them / if they aren't public, your games will not count.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Round 3:

1-1:

Danny  vs  Guille14
Pepeduce  vs  Real FV13
NHelioX7  vs  Yourwelcomethanku
yovan33321 vs  Feliburn
Lilo  vs  Inder
Corperate n  vs  ishtar
EviGaro  vs  Toto
eifo  vs  tlenit

Proof of bracket: https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/9272/

Deadline: Round 3 ends on Sunday, March 26th at 11:59 GMT-5. Extensions end on Wednesday, March 22nd at 11:59 GMT-5.[/USER]

Last edited:

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Danny  vs  Guille14 - Danny is a better player and uses solid teams. I feel he's in a good sequence since he won one sv uu individual tour and he usually does well in his games. However, Guille often brings some heat that could bring him the game, so I think he will need to bet on the surprise factor to win this series.

Pepeduce  vs  Real FV13 - I think the same applies to this game, however, I think FV's builds are usually solid (as long as he uses the correct berry) and they're solid in-game, so I think it's easier to see FV winning this series than Guille winning his.

NHelioX7  vs  Yourwelcomethanku - I don't know too much about the other player other than that they're french (?). Anyway, they didn't seem to be better than ywt in any aspect, and the latter is for sure more used to the tier and I like the way he builds a lot, so I don't see a reason not to bold him.

(Winner of yovan33321 vs tier)  vs  Feliburn - whoever wins between yovan/tier will lose to Feli, pce.

(Loser of Lilo vs Staxi)  vs  Inder - I will update this matchup once we know who is Inder's opponent

Corperate n  vs  ishtar - Again, I don't know too much about Ishtar's opponent. From what I saw while laddering, they didn't seem to be phenomenal either in-game or in-building, so I will bold Ishtar without any doubts.

EviGaro  vs  Toto - Better player, better builder, etc. As long as Evi doesn't tilt during the series, she should be strongly favored. However, since we all know it's pretty typical of Evi, I think we can expect Toto to bring this home if they know how to exploit Evi's mentality.

eifo  vs  tlenit - The most interesting series by far. I think I have already said this somewhere but I am a big fan of eifo's gameplay and builds, and I think it will be pretty difficult for me not to bold him in any mu in this tournament. tlenit, in other hand, is also a pretty strong player, and I can easily see him winning this series if he catches some safe plays from eifo. However, I think eifo is a player who knows when to play aggro if he needs to, and he is also a really good builder (even tho he just reused stuff in his series vs luna), while tlenit is not a builder. Anyway, pretty interesting matchup, and I am surely excited to see this series.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)