oh my gosh you found me
Secret Boss Mod
Amazing logo by Bummer!
Hello again guys, here's another idea to increase activity here in RU.
How to participate:
- The RU Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. *The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. *During the sign-ups you post "in".
- The Rounds will last exactly 3 days from the second the round is posted here in the RU sub-forum. *At the end of the 3 days, I will call any unfinished matches and move to the next round, no exceptions.
- All of the Rounds will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for when the round is over and the next round has started!
- Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, or 32 participants, no more than that or it stops being mini. *First 16 are in for 16- and 24-man tourneys with the last 9 randomized for 24-man tourneys, and the first 20 are in with the last 12 being randomized for 32-man tourneys. *Each sign-ups will try to achieve 32 participants, but if it isn't possible, then it will be a 16- or 24-man tourney with the first 16 that signed up in.
RU Mini-Tournaments Rules:
- Battles will be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
- Standard OU – Gen V RU. Refer to this page and this thread for more information on usable Pokemon.
- Any Pokémon that is not considered Uber, OU, UU is allowed (refer to the banlist below)
- If during the middle of a round, a Pokémon, ability combination, etc. moves into or out of RU, those changes will be effective starting in the next round.
This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
You may switch your team each round.
- Wi-Fi Battle
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)
Shell Smash + Baton Pass on a single Pokemon
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team
Any Pokemon in the OU, UU, or BL tiers are banned.
Other things to note about RU Mini-Tournaments:
- All Rounds and tournaments will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for the start of new rounds and sign-ups.
- Each tournament can and probably will have a quirk dealing with the RU metagame. *We'll start with a standard RU tourney. *Following tourneys will have weird quirks like "you must have 3 Electric-types on your team" or "no top 10 Pokemon."
- Because most of these tourneys will have weird quirks, please save your logs and be prepared to take a screenshot of the battle should you suspect your opponent of cheating. *However, I do not want your logs and you don't have to submit your teams to me or whoever is running the mini-tourney.
- Because all of the mini-tourneys will take place in this thread, there won't be more than one tourney running at a time.
- Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tourney.
Possible Rewards for *multiple* winners:
- Custom title under your forum name
- HOPs (Half-ops status (%) in #rarelyused)
If you have any questions/concerns please don't be hesitate to post them below.