Resource RU Samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

roman

Banned deucer.
taken over and op stolen from Arifeen
banner done by Moon

1544504939528.png

Hello! This thread serves to be a place for successful RU teams intended to help new players get acclimated to the metagame and different playstyles. The subtle differences in each tier can make RU seem overwhelming, even to seasoned veterans of other tiers. Here, you can post your own team for archiving for new RU players to use.

Posting Guidelines
  • Give a short explanation of the role that each member of your team plays, and how the team works.
  • Provide an importable.
  • You must have some experience with your team before posting. Don’t post a team you just made on the team builder and thought looked good. Providing replays is a good way to prove that you have used your team a fair bit and that it’s viable; it will also give us an idea of how to play with the team.
  • Your team must represent the current metagame.
  • You must PM me and MrAldo here or on discord (roman#4216 and MrAldo#2762) with the above criteria for approval.
  • 1 liners are not allowed. If you have a question, PM me or Mr Aldo over discord (our discords are above) with any questions, I can guarantee I will provide an answer quickly. Posting them here simply clogs the thread and makes it harder for new players to find samples, don't do it.

Last edited:

roman

Banned deucer.
current samples

balance by TheWall

Sigilyph (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Energy Ball
- Heat Wave

Bewear (M) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Psyshock
This is a simple Balance team with a twist in some sets. The team is based around the wall-breaking core of Sd Bewear and 3 Attacks Sigilyph to sweep the floor clean for scarf Shaymin to clean through. Swords Dance Bewear tears down the slower and really fat walls like Umbreon, Milotic and Gligar, while Sigilyph can pressure threats/walls that are faster than Bewear. Bewear has an Adamant nature to basically ensure certain KO’s after rocks with and without burning the Z-move, for example Cresselia, Gligar and Mandibuzz with Z move and Milotic without. Drain punch was chosen to increase Bewear’s longevity. In combination with an Adamant nature it is still able to get important OHKO’s at +2, being Registeel. Shadow claw hits mainly Doublade, Bronzong and Marowak who dares to switch in. The beauty of Sigilyph is that it has a moveset that can be changed to what the team needs most. Even though Roost and Heatwave are practically mandatory, the other two move-slots are free to choose. I would probably slash them in this way Psychic/Air slash, Calm mind/Airslash/Energy ball/Ice beam. For this team specifically, I choose the combination of Air slash, Energy Ball and Heat Wave. Air slash gets certain OHKO’s over heat wave and it hits dark types like Drapion and Pangoro who are a bit troublesome otherwise. Energy ball Pressures mainly M-Blastoise, Rhyperior, Milotic and it makes sure that Sigilyph isn’t set up fodder for Barbaracle. Heatwave is to nuke the steel types who dare to switch in. Roost makes sure Sigilyph is able to keep pressure on Milotic untill you get a spdef drop and Roost helps with healing any damage taken from a Seed Flare. Shaymin is a very standard Scarf set. Seed flare for big damage. Air slash to hit other grass types, Revenge-kill Virizion, hit mons for neutral that resist Earth Power and Seed Flare. Earth power is there to Revenge kill Salazzle and Ninetales while it also punishes the likes of Drapion, Dragalge, Doublade and Registeel who dare to switch in. The last three mons are also standard but with a little twist. Milotic is the same old set but with the difference of Icebeam> Refresh since you already have 2.5 status absorbers on the team and being able to punish Taunt Noivern is a must considering the rest of the team. Gligar is fully spdef this is to be able to take on Salazzle, and take a hit from the likes of Specs Yanmega and Swellow so it can Knock off the specs and neutralize the big threat that they are. Knock off is also the choice of coverage because it is able to get rid of Choice Scarfs, Leftovers on steel types and other walls, to get rid of Eviolites so Sigilyph and Bewear can break through Gligar and Doublade more easily. Roost Earthquake and Defog are self explanatory. Bronzong is physical defensive so it can check Band Tyrantrum, Barbaracle better and semi check Swords Dance Virizon. Stealth rock, Protect and Toxic are self-explanatory. Psyshock was chosen over Psywave and Gyro Ball since it hits Nidoqueen, Roserade, and more importantly Virizion the hardest. It doesn’t need Psywave since Gligar with knock off hits all the same targets and does a better job at it since it has recovery.

balance by col49

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 212 HP / 56 Atk / 196 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Toxic

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Tail

Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 116 HP / 44 Def / 120 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Noivern @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 168 HP / 40 Def / 88 SpA / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Protect

Necrozma @ Psychium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 136 HP / 160 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Rock Polish

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 16 HP / 184 Atk / 120 Def / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

stall by Ov3r Ac3 removed 5 / 30 / 2018
Love Is A Lie (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Refresh
- Moonblast

Living In Your Hell (Gligar) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

The Broken (Moltres) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower

Inside Of Me (Pyukumuku) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Soak
- Toxic
- Spite

Fell From The Moon (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Us And The Night (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play
This stall team is based around Aromatisse which is a nice pokemon on stall as it walls TauntToxic Mandibuzz and Taunt Gligar with its ability Aroma Veil. I choose to use Refresh > Heal Bell on it as Refresh has more pp than Toxic does. Next I added Moltres as a way of beating Steels such as Bronzong, M-Steelix and Registeel, I also chose to go Z-Hurricane to be able to switch into Knock Off from Pangoro better while also being able to ohko most fighting and grass types and denting other mons that attempt to switch in. Gligar was my next addition to be able to beat Virizion better with physdef Acrobatics almost always winning 1v1 unless crit, it also provides me with more fighting cover as I won't be able to use Cresselia on this team. The spread allows me to outspeed Jolly CB Tyrantrum. The next three mons are pretty self explanetory with Pyukumuku being the Unaware mon, and I choose to use Spite in 4th move to be able to 1v1 mons like Curselax, SubNP Hoopa and Toxicroak. Umbreon provides a clreic as well as WishPass while Registeel gives Stealth Rocks and a Yanmega switch-in. This team is quite weak to Taunt Salazzle so you have to play carefully around that, although Taunt Salazzle is mostly run when trying to counter-team.

balance by roman removed 7 / 6 / 2018
Drapion @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Virizion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn
wanted to build around cb drap as it's a nice up and coming pokemon that takes advantage of common shit. went with regi > bronz here since i had cress on the team at that point and didn't want to stack weakness, pretty basic set here, the 12 spe just lets you stoss opposing regi faster. stoise is standard, aura sphere > dark pulse helps with the snorlax matchup (+ we already have drap for psychics) and the speed is for bewear but you could probably go slower w/ more bulk to switch into entei easier. added on viriz at this point for some reliable milotic counterplay, again fightz for lax, he's getting pretty common atm because of entei and things rising in usage. added on cress because we need some more counterplay to ground-types, colbur + twave to give us a good stoise switch in and the regular, standard spread. colbur also helps with opposing revenge killers, especially drapion, making it a lot easier for viriz to sweep late-game w/ speed control crippled. tossed on a scarfer at this point, went w/ moltres because i wanted to complete the fwg core. hp ground can basically be anything. if you have questions pm me over discord!

balance by TheWall removed 8 / 19
Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Shaymin @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Synthesis
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Psywave
Dropping this Entei team I made during the Entei suspect. Its a relative standard build tho still fun and easy to use team.

I started out with the threat that banded Entei is. Sacred fire is Sacred fire, banded Espeed is great to revenge kill certain mons or just sweep if necessary. Flare Blitz for some extra power and Stone Edge for coverage on mons like Noivern. What keeps Entei at bay? Indeed Milotic. Hence Shaymin was added. A simple and effective secundairy wallbreaker with Synthesis so it has some more longetivity. Grassium Z was added later when the team was ready and I had a free Z move slot but it works well in combination with Seed flare drops. for example a Seed Flare with drops + Z Seed Flare gets rid of a Snorlax with ease. Added scarf Gardevoir who apreciates the work of the two wallbreakers in order to clean the rest of the team. It provides speed, the ability to revenge certain threats like dd Feraligatr at +1, Np Salazzle, Tyrantrum and more. With Healing Wish it also supports the wallbreakers to give them a second life to do their duty. It helps Entei especially if it has spammed Flare Blitz alot or has stepped too often on rocks.
To add some bulk I went with the core of Milotic, Bronzong and Gligar. Milotic is the obligated Entei check and prevents dd Feraliagtr, sd Doublade cm Florges and curse Snorlax to just set up and win. Milotic is also the teams answer to Mega Blastoise. Ice beam provides Milo an answer to dd Flygon and Noivern. Bronzong provides rocks, a check to Gardevoir, Shaymin, Swellow and Nidoqueen. Protect gives it more longetivity and racks up toxic damage on certain mons. Psywave is the best way for it to deal damage. It also gives Bronzong a good way to weaken Mega Steelix without risking a toxic on Milotic or heavy damage on one of your wallbreakers. Gligar gives the team a defogger, a switchin to fighting types, a Honchkrow answer and with the spdef investment it can live a +2 Fire Blast from Salazzle if its at 100% health. Taunt gives the team a solid stallbreaker and way to beat a Snorlax other than having to pp stall its entire movepool. You just have too pp stall its attack this way. If you feel like the spdef bulk isnt enough to check Salazzle you can just forgo Earthquake for Knock Off and add more speed on it making Gligar a more optimal stall breaker.

For the impatient people a TL;DR: Pave the way with the wallbreakers being Entei and Shaymin so Scarf Gardevoir can sweep the floor clean. If you come into a bump fall back on your defensive core of Milotic, Bronzong and Gligar.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.

while entei is in the tier, Rhyperior -> Bronzong on this squad is a consideration. pretty standard balance squad, the general goal is set up a sweep for Flygon or Lazzle by weakening/eliminating their checks with banded Tyrantrum/SubSeed Shaymin respectively. enjoy, kinda struggles w/ Araquanid and some other stuff but don't think its really fixable w/o redesigning the offensive aspect of this team and it works fine. enjoy

Tyrantrum (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Flygon (F) @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail

Salazzle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

teachable (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Haze
- Recover

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Love Is A Lie (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Refresh
- Moonblast

Living In Your Hell (Gligar) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

The Broken (Moltres) @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- Flamethrower

Inside Of Me (Pyukumuku) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Soak
- Toxic
- Spite

Fell From The Moon (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Us And The Night (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

This stall team is based around Aromatisse which is a nice pokemon on stall as it walls TauntToxic Mandibuzz and Taunt Gligar with its ability Aroma Veil. I choose to use Refresh > Heal Bell on it as Refresh has more pp than Toxic does. Next I added Moltres as a way of beating Steels such as Bronzong, M-Steelix and Registeel, I also chose to go Z-Hurricane to be able to switch into Knock Off from Pangoro better while also being able to ohko most fighting and grass types and denting other mons that attempt to switch in. Gligar was my next addition to be able to beat Virizion better with physdef Acrobatics almost always winning 1v1 unless crit, it also provides me with more fighting cover as I won't be able to use Cresselia on this team. The spread allows me to outspeed Jolly CB Tyrantrum. The next three mons are pretty self explanetory with Pyukumuku being the Unaware mon, and I choose to use Spite in 4th move to be able to 1v1 mons like Curselax, SubNP Hoopa and Toxicroak. Umbreon provides a clreic as well as WishPass while Registeel gives Stealth Rocks and a Yanmega switch-in. This team is quite weak to Taunt Salazzle so you have to play carefully around that, although Taunt Salazzle is mostly run when trying to counter-team.

Last edited:
I don't think that stall is very solid - you are 6-0ed by choice band tyrantrum which is super good right now, at least hit 240 speed on gligar so you can roost up on the head smashes.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't think that stall is very solid - you are 6-0ed by choice band tyrantrum which is super good right now, at least hit 240 speed on gligar so you can roost up on the head smashes.
yh mb changed spread on glig. anyway there arent any switch ins to band tyrantrum unless i run physdef zong which leaves me open to many other threats. you can pp stall head smashes with tect mons though.

Last edited:

roman

Banned deucer.
hi guys, the op and samples have both been updated, thank you for your contributions

however, please restrain from the 1 liners and read the op before posting, i appreciate any questions (Meat Grinder ♫ helped objectively improve the stall sample, for example) but these can be done much easier through pm, no need to clog the thread.

keep up the good work!
=================================
1526492940283.png
wanted to build around cb drap as it's a nice up and coming pokemon that takes advantage of common shit. went with regi > bronz here since i had cress on the team at that point and didn't want to stack weakness, pretty basic set here, the 12 spe just lets you stoss opposing regi faster. stoise is standard, aura sphere > dark pulse helps with the snorlax matchup (+ we already have drap for psychics) and the speed is for bewear but you could probably go slower w/ more bulk to switch into entei easier. added on viriz at this point for some reliable milotic counterplay, again fightz for lax, he's getting pretty common atm because of entei and things rising in usage. added on cress because we need some more counterplay to ground-types, colbur + twave to give us a good stoise switch in and the regular, standard spread. colbur also helps with opposing revenge killers, especially drapion, making it a lot easier for viriz to sweep late-game w/ speed control crippled. tossed on a scarfer at this point, went w/ moltres because i wanted to complete the fwg core. hp ground can basically be anything. if you have questions pm me over discord!

edit: in case anyone is wondering, i don't just approve my own samples. everything i have or will post will be approved by the co host (and vice versa)

Dropping this Entei team I made during the Entei suspect. Its a relative standard build tho still fun and easy to use team.

I started out with the threat that banded Entei is. Sacred fire is Sacred fire, banded Espeed is great to revenge kill certain mons or just sweep if necessary. Flare Blitz for some extra power and Stone Edge for coverage on mons like Noivern. What keeps Entei at bay? Indeed Milotic. Hence Shaymin was added. A simple and effective secundairy wallbreaker with Synthesis so it has some more longetivity. Grassium Z was added later when the team was ready and I had a free Z move slot but it works well in combination with Seed flare drops. for example a Seed Flare with drops + Z Seed Flare gets rid of a Snorlax with ease. Added scarf Gardevoir who apreciates the work of the two wallbreakers in order to clean the rest of the team. It provides speed, the ability to revenge certain threats like dd Feraligatr at +1, Np Salazzle, Tyrantrum and more. With Healing Wish it also supports the wallbreakers to give them a second life to do their duty. It helps Entei especially if it has spammed Flare Blitz alot or has stepped too often on rocks.
To add some bulk I went with the core of Milotic, Bronzong and Gligar. Milotic is the obligated Entei check and prevents dd Feraliagtr, sd Doublade cm Florges and curse Snorlax to just set up and win. Milotic is also the teams answer to Mega Blastoise. Ice beam provides Milo an answer to dd Flygon and Noivern. Bronzong provides rocks, a check to Gardevoir, Shaymin, Swellow and Nidoqueen. Protect gives it more longetivity and racks up toxic damage on certain mons. Psywave is the best way for it to deal damage. It also gives Bronzong a good way to weaken Mega Steelix without risking a toxic on Milotic or heavy damage on one of your wallbreakers. Gligar gives the team a defogger, a switchin to fighting types, a Honchkrow answer and with the spdef investment it can live a +2 Fire Blast from Salazzle if its at 100% health. Taunt gives the team a solid stallbreaker and way to beat a Snorlax other than having to pp stall its entire movepool. You just have too pp stall its attack this way. If you feel like the spdef bulk isnt enough to check Salazzle you can just forgo Earthquake for Knock Off and add more speed on it making Gligar a more optimal stall breaker.

For the impatient people a TL;DR: Pave the way with the wallbreakers being Entei and Shaymin so Scarf Gardevoir can sweep the floor clean. If you come into a bump fall back on your defensive core of Milotic, Bronzong and Gligar.

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Shaymin @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Synthesis
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Psywave

Last edited:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
medicham.gifescavalier.gifrhyperior.gifnoivern.pngshaymin-land.gifblastoise-mega.png
Built this team a while ago and used it to success in the Ladder Tournament before I began tilting ;-;. I started building with Medicham in mind, as it's a really dangerous wallbreaker that's capable of demolishing defensive staples like Mega Steelix, Milotic, Gligar, Registeel, and Rhyperior as well as revenge killing faster, offensive threats like Gardevoir with Bullet Punch. Right off the bat, I knew I'd need a way of dealing with Cresselia, which is Medicham's best switch-in. Escavalier was my pick due to its ability to check non-Hidden Power Fire Gardevoir, provide Knock Off support, and tank hits from Pokemon like Zygarde-10% and unboosted Virizion if healthy enough alongside trapping Cresselia and Ice-types like Vanilluxe. The team was pretty weak to Fire-types like Entei and Moltres so far, so I decided to add Rhyperior, which also came with the benefit of checking Tyrantrum and providing Stealth Rock support. Noivern was up next, giving the team a good offensive check to Virizion, Zygarde-10%, and Ninetales and preventing the team from being too slow. Noivern also gives the team a better matchup versus bulkier teams due to Taunt + the power of Z-Hurricane. Choice Scarf Shaymin was added to give the team another form of speed control, a secondary revenge killer, another way around Milotic, and a Healing Wish user to mainly support Medicham. Hidden Power Ice is another option on Shaymin to give the team an easier matchup against Dragon Dance Flygon late-game. Finally, Mega Blastoise was added to provide the team with a secondary Fire check and entry hazard removal. Aura Sphere doesn't feel completely necessary on it, since Medicham + Escavalier + Taunt Noivern deal with pretty much everything that it hits, so I settled for Scald + Dark Pulse + Ice Beam.
e: left my rock resist at home, diancie is now rhyperior

Last edited:

Its been a while since the last time someone posted here so lets give this thread some love!

Sigilyph (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Energy Ball
- Heat Wave

Bewear (M) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
- Psyshock

This is a simple Balance team with a twist in some sets. The team is based around the wall-breaking core of Sd Bewear and 3 Attacks Sigilyph to sweep the floor clean for scarf Shaymin to clean through. Swords Dance Bewear tears down the slower and really fat walls like Umbreon, Milotic and Gligar, while Sigilyph can pressure threats/walls that are faster than Bewear. Bewear has an Adamant nature to basically ensure certain KO’s after rocks with and without burning the Z-move, for example Cresselia, Gligar and Mandibuzz with Z move and Milotic without. Drain punch was chosen to increase Bewear’s longevity. In combination with an Adamant nature it is still able to get important OHKO’s at +2, being Registeel. Shadow claw hits mainly Doublade, Bronzong and Marowak who dares to switch in. The beauty of Sigilyph is that it has a moveset that can be changed to what the team needs most. Even though Roost and Heatwave are practically mandatory, the other two move-slots are free to choose. I would probably slash them in this way Psychic/Air slash, Calm mind/Airslash/Energy ball/Ice beam. For this team specifically, I choose the combination of Air slash, Energy Ball and Heat Wave. Air slash gets certain OHKO’s over heat wave and it hits dark types like Drapion and Pangoro who are a bit troublesome otherwise. Energy ball Pressures mainly M-Blastoise, Rhyperior, Milotic and it makes sure that Sigilyph isn’t set up fodder for Barbaracle. Heatwave is to nuke the steel types who dare to switch in. Roost makes sure Sigilyph is able to keep pressure on Milotic untill you get a spdef drop and Roost helps with healing any damage taken from a Seed Flare. Shaymin is a very standard Scarf set. Seed flare for big damage. Air slash to hit other grass types, Revenge-kill Virizion, hit mons for neutral that resist Earth Power and Seed Flare. Earth power is there to Revenge kill Salazzle and Ninetales while it also punishes the likes of Drapion, Dragalge, Doublade and Registeel who dare to switch in. The last three mons are also standard but with a little twist. Milotic is the same old set but with the difference of Icebeam> Refresh since you already have 2.5 status absorbers on the team and being able to punish Taunt Noivern is a must considering the rest of the team. Gligar is fully spdef this is to be able to take on Salazzle, and take a hit from the likes of Specs Yanmega and Swellow so it can Knock off the specs and neutralize the big threat that they are. Knock off is also the choice of coverage because it is able to get rid of Choice Scarfs, Leftovers on steel types and other walls, to get rid of Eviolites so Sigilyph and Bewear can break through Gligar and Doublade more easily. Roost Earthquake and Defog are self explanatory. Bronzong is physical defensive so it can check Band Tyrantrum, Barbaracle better and semi check Swords Dance Virizon. Stealth rock, Protect and Toxic are self-explanatory. Psyshock was chosen over Psywave and Gyro Ball since it hits Nidoqueen, Roserade, and more importantly Virizion the hardest. It doesn’t need Psywave since Gligar with knock off hits all the same targets and does a better job at it since it has recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)