RU RU Spring Seasonal - Round 5 (Loser's Bracket)

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Approved by phantom and EviGaro
Credits to other seasonals for OP

Art by Bummer

Welcome to the first Gen 8 RU Seasonal! This seasonal will be the first Type A tournament of the 2020 RU Tournament Circuit. This seasonal will earn you the points for the overall RU leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the yearly RU Ribbon!​

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SS RU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • The format for this tournament is best of three, double elimination.
  • Any tier changes that occur during a round will not be in effect until the following round.
  • Replays are not required until semifinals, but you should save them in the case of a disagreement; it is the only way to settle disputes!
  • Changing teams between matches is allowed.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Round 5
l'habitat
 vs  egalvanc
zS  vs  byronthewellwell
pattek
 vs  Loom
Thiago Nunes  vs  xXcrossbowXx
Mishimono  vs  lighthouses
NRTS  vs  Feliburn
Amaroq
 vs  ForgottenOnes
kythr  vsEviGaro
Yay
 vs  Nat
Pepeduce  vs  false
KW  vs  Raurone
Amukamara  vs  the pharoah
Oathkeepre  vs  gorex
Natan  vs  TheTacoMan
robjr
 vs  Expulso
The Leprechaun  vs  Dlanyer

Deadline for Round 5 will be Sunday, June 14th 2020.
Deadline for extensions will be Wednesday, June 10th.
Please let me know if I got anything wrong!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)