RU RU Winter Seasonals - Round Nine ( Loser's Bracket )

Status
Not open for further replies.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Art by Bummer

Welcome to the first RU Seasonal! This seasonal will be part of the 2018 RU Tournament Circuit. Entering in this seasonal will earn you the points for an overall RU leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the prestigious RU Ribbon!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard USM RU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • All rounds will be a best of three in this double elimination tournament, and you are free to switch teams during your series.
  • In the case that a ban is made or a Pokemon moves up from RU to another tier or down to RU from another tier through usage during the middle of a round, the tier change(s) will not be taken into effect until the proceeding round begins.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Scheduling:
  • Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round (first 2-3 days). Do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.
Loser's Bracket

MultiAmmiratore vs. Leru
Decemm vs. Meru
DurzaOffTopic vs.@bdov
lighthouses vs. Rodriblutar
Hamhamhamham vs. roman
Eternally vs. @flamingvictini

Highlight Games

lighthouses vs. Rodriblutar
Eternally vs. @flamingvictini

Extension Deadline: 7th March 23:59 EST
Overall Deadline: 11th March 23:59 EST

Last edited:
calling activity vs santu, first vm'd me then did not respond to my various times that i gave, proceeded to ask for an extension in last round's thread but didn't even contact me. I contacted them yet again yesterday but they still did not respond despite being online. It's not fair to me to have to wait this long for any response from somebody with a history of johning

I find it incredibly stupid that I have to defend myself in a tour match to somebody who has no idea what is going on. I could literally quote this:
General Tournament Rules:
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
and that would be all I need to do but I think that I deserve a bit more respect than that.

What kind of 'very very good friend' counter teams the fuck out of someone after getting her team leaked to you via snakes and then proceeds to act like a douchebag midgame? :blobthinking:
Not the type of friend who brings in somebody who doesn't know the details before making stupid posts in apparent defense.

Let me preface by saying that bdov is one of my closest friends on this website, and that we've prepped each other for literally every tour we have been in (which is a lot, considering things like OMGS). I know her very well and I know how she is. Nobody "leaked" her teams to me. Nobody "snaked" her.

This was the initial conversation we had at 2 AM my time.

[01:51:14] bdov ❤: if you play rn with memes, i will bring 3 pu mons on one team
[01:51:16] bdov ❤: :p
[01:51:44] DurzaOffTopic: i literally dont have teams
[01:51:56] bdov ❤: :(
[01:52:01] bdov ❤: why cant u go on comp
[01:52:25] DurzaOffTopic: its 2 am
[01:52:50] bdov ❤: its 1am
[01:52:53] bdov ❤: for me
[01:52:54] bdov ❤: lol
[01:54:09] DurzaOffTopic: ok and
[01:54:25] bdov ❤: so we're even
[01:54:31] bdov ❤: its late af
[01:57:42] bdov ❤: do it :x
[01:57:51] DurzaOffTopic: i dont see why i should
[01:57:56] DurzaOffTopic: when i havn't prepped at all
[01:58:02] bdov ❤: cuz i havent either
[01:58:04] bdov ❤: lol
[01:58:15] bdov ❤: we are literally
[01:58:18] bdov ❤: both using memes
[01:58:20] bdov ❤: at 1am
[01:58:33] bdov ❤: whynaut
[01:58:51] DurzaOffTopic: because
[01:58:52] DurzaOffTopic: why
[01:59:44] bdov ❤: because A.) it'll be funny. B.) it makes our match even af. and C.) because if i actually prep and bring real teams you will lose
[02:03:13] bdov ❤: why dont you wanna play rn
[02:03:17] bdov ❤: D:
[02:11:30] DurzaOffTopic: hmm
[02:16:51] bdov ❤: fite me D:
[02:18:51] DurzaOffTopic: ok
[02:18:58] DurzaOffTopic: ill do one of the games

Now, my thought process was this:
My initial thinking was that this was going to be some weather cheese, and I remembered one of her replays from my previous "prepping" where she brought some rain garbage. I prepared for it. I brought the team that I thought would get me the win best while still being considered "memes".

Game 1.

What you can't see at the end of the battle replay logs is that she said "same teams game 2?" to which I asked her why she was throwing the series (I admittedly counter teamed her) and that didn't make sense and she said that she thought she could win the matchup and then she challenged me and I accepted it.

Of course, I won game 2 easily.
Again, read what I'm saying. I don't understand why she is doing this and again she says (after the battle logs end) that she thought she would could win the matchup and "should have" if she didn't misplay rotom.

After the series, she sent me this.

[02:43:44] bdov ❤: i wanted a fun game for g1, you brought a complete c-team knowing that i wanted a fun game. for g2 i said fuck it. im not gonna bother at this point. cteaming is bs and is unfair. bring a real team in that case and i wouldve too
[02:46:34] bdov ❤: take ur win idc, but jsyk c-teaming is literally the aids of mons. how would you feel if you wanted to have a fun ssnl game with your friend, just to be destroyed by a team they designed specifically to destroy yours?

I thought this was very unfair of her to say so I consulted some of my friends from another tier's community and they brought up a valid point: Isn't this the point of competitive mons when two friends play? I told bdov this and she said:

[02:50:38] bdov ❤: if you actually think thats the point of competitive mons, then you dont have friends lmao

Nice. "very very good friend" indeed.

Isn't this the point of playing in a high level tour scenario? Prepping for your opponents? If it wasn't then why don't people bring the exact same team every week. I had a hunch that she would bring that team and there was no guarantees that she would. I put some risk out and thats also part of the tournament community.

As I brought up with my conversation with bdov, should I have brought a team that I believed was less effective than the one I brought? Should i have said "Oh, no that team is going to win too easily" and brought a worse team? Should I have brought 5 Pokemon to the match? I used sets straight out of the smogdex, I didn't make up an elaborate counter team, and my team theoretically covered other bases and teams as well, so I believe.

[02:51:51] DurzaOffTopic: i didn't force you to agree to same teams g2
[02:52:03] DurzaOffTopic: you offered it to me
[02:52:22] bdov: i did, because you cteamed me g1. and i didnt care about the series anymore
[02:52:34] bdov: and no
[02:52:37] bdov: the point of prep
[02:52:45] bdov: is not to freaking hard counter them

I don't understand why I'm expected to bring a sub-optimal team (still under the basis of "memes" than what I think will get me the win. I didn't force her to bring that team. I didn't force her to say "same teams g2" and I didn't force her to load up the same team for game 2 either. I played by her rules and got attacked for it.

This is pointless drama caused by something that was completely not my fault.

I'm disappointed in the people who I thought were my friends and I really see who are my friends by this.

roman

Banned deucer.
hi, calling act :/

opp waited over 3 days to reply to my vm that was posted within 24 hours of r9 matchups despite being very active online. me being on vacation didn't matter at all since i was back saturday for work and even tried to play that night after work (which was a time he said he could play) and he didn't seem to available to play at anytime while i was out of town. he won't play rn despite saying it would work in vms and i'm going to be out tonight.

i would be content w/ an extension but our times next week won't work - https://pastebin.com/ZUEtHbSY -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)