RU RU Winter Seasonals - Round Six

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
approved by arifeen
credit to other seasonals for several parts of the op

Art by Bummer

Welcome to the Winter RU Seasonals! This seasonal will be part of the 2019 RU Tournament Circuit. Entering in this seasonal will earn you the points for an overall RU leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the prestigious RU Ribbon!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard USM RU tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!, preferably on the smogtours server.
  • All rounds will be a best of three in this double elimination tournament, and you are free to switch teams during your series.
  • In the case that a ban is made or a Pokemon moves up from RU to another tier or down to RU from another tier through usage during the middle of a round, the tier change(s) will not be taken into effect until the proceeding round begins.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Scheduling:
  • Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round (first 2-3 days). Do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.
Round Six (Winners)

Finchinator vs mind gaming
Ajna vs Hakumen
Taskr vs EviGaro
GW vs Chaitanya
Jhonx~ vs Accelgor
RedEmption vs DurzaOffTopic
Nat vs Hurtadoo
Pepeduce vs Yay
Lopunny Kicks vs SanJl
Santu vs naruto(sage)
Plas vs Chrisloud1
PILZ vs Teddeh

Round Six (Losers)

Kingler12345 vs Jarii
Eternal Spirit vs Cynara
zben vs Senpai D.M
Rokhan vs yedla
Pohjis vs Dark G
Vulpix03 vs Decem
Lennart vs Chill Shadow
TheWall vs Shaneghoul
Randomnick vs Carmin
Bad Player vs roman
Bebo vs z0mOG
Mr. Abby vs Squash17 ^_^

Extension deadline: Wednesday February 13th, 11:59PM EST (again, can be arranged on the matchup I screwed up again lol)
Round deadline: Sunday February 17th, 11:59PM EST

Last edited:

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
So it turns out I completely forgot about DubFreaknakeeb's matchup being completely delayed due to the saga of the matchup that wasn't played for like two weeks. While he did miss a time, it's quite unfair in my eyes to immediately punish him when he had only three days to play the matchup to being with through no fault of his own since he got saddled with the problematic tie, and Vulpix03 immediately suggested 6PM EST, which only left them with six hours before the deadline. Missing a time happens all the time and this in no way left for an opportunity to re-schedule

So I'm reverting back the act win and DubFreaknakeeb vs Vulpix03 is extended. Again, he had a mixup, but the main person at fault is really me here

Vulpix03

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUPL Champion
is deadline wednesday? Because i'm not available at all that day. HS during the day and college immediately after. also he could have countered with a time outside of 6pm, but he agreed to it. ig that doesn't matter though

I know I shoulda posted but just wanted to say that my opp on the past round didnt answer me at the scheduled time, but well.

EviGaro

RU Leader
is deadline wednesday? Because i'm not available at all that day. HS during the day and college immediately after. also he could have countered with a time outside of 6pm, but he agreed to it. ig that doesn't matter though
No I changed the op regarding this, because of the mistake and the fact that you lost two whole days it doesn't have to be done today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)